News Lasseter taking leave of absence

Rteetz

Other than Walt, does the general public really associate specific individuals with Disney or Pixar movies? I agree the timing of the news is bad for Coco, but would it really hurt the film that much? Even with advance ticket sales?
People are already talking about not seeing it in theaters. I feel bad for Lee Unkrich and his team who made that film.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The big difference between this, Weinstein, and others is that all we have is Lasseter's letter and anonymous 'sources' (unless I'm missing something). As far as I can see no one has stepped forward yet although I wouldn't be surprised if people now feel confident to step up. The extent of how bad this is though IMO, should be reserved until there are actual accusations made rather than anonymous insider sources.

I have no doubt that Lasseter behaved badly - he admitted as much. I just always hate to treat anonymously sourced info in regards to specifics as fact, especially when it involved serious charges like this.

Donaldfan1934

I knew it. I knew this long unending stream of allegations would get where it truly hurts. Considering that what we know right now is somewhat vague, I was wondering if insiders on here know more about the situation? Any information in regarding a fuller picture of its history and severity would be greatly appreciated.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
“Lasseter is the crazy- 13-year-old who you have to keep in check all the time. But there’s no No. 2 for John. He’s the beating heart of Disney Animation and Pixar. He’s a genius. Nobody can do what he does.”

ToTBellHop

I knew it. I knew this long unending stream of allegations would get where it truly hurts. Considering that what we know right now is somewhat vague, I was wondering if insiders on here know more about the situation? Any information in regarding a fuller picture of its history and severity would be greatly appreciated.
I doubt you're going to find insiders here with knowledge of this. I also doubt Lasseter’s “sabbatical” will be 6 months so much as a “retirement” that will include divorce papers.

Last edited:

smile

The article mentions Pete Docter taking over... That would be a good choice.

possibly, but the below makes me wonder how bad it actually is there:

"Employees at the Emeryville-based company on Tuesday were reeling from the news, trading gossip, and coming to the realization that the culture has been toxic for several years, the employee said."

I doubt your email going to find insiders here with knowledge of this

some of 74's inferences flirted with 'what are we going to do about john?' - pardon the expression

Last edited:

bclane

What’s crazy is I actually believe that some of these idiots had no idea that what they were doing was unwelcome and inappropriate. I mean, I’m pretty sure Weinstein knew he was a sick pervert, but I bet some of these guys actually believed that the women they were assaulting were willing participants. How a person gets to that point of delusion is a mystery but I really think this is the case for someone like Lassiter (and no that does not excuse him at all). I truly believe that things will be better going forward though (yes it will be a long road and this is just the beginning).

HauntedMansionFLA

The big difference between this, Weinstein, and others is that all we have is Lasseter's letter and anonymous 'sources' (unless I'm missing something). As far as I can see no one has stepped forward yet although I wouldn't be surprised if people now feel confident to step up. The extent of how bad this is though IMO, should be reserved until there are actual accusations made rather than anonymous insider sources.

I have no doubt that Lasseter behaved badly - he admitted as much. I just always hate to treat anonymously sourced info in regards to specifics as fact, especially when it involved serious charges like this.
I'm sure Gloria Allred will be stepping forward with the accusers soon.

ToTBellHop

What’s crazy is I actually believe that some of these idiots had no idea that what they were doing was unwelcome and inappropriate. I mean, I’m pretty sure Weinstein knew he was a sick pervert, but I bet some of these guys actually believed that the women they were assaulting were willing participants. How a person gets to that point of delusion is a mystery but I really think this is the case for someone like Lassiter (and no that does not excuse him at all). I truly believe that things will be better going forward though (yes it will be a long road and this is just the beginning).
You make some fair points but this probably isn’t the place to discuss the culture of masculinity.

Donaldfan1934

some of 74's inferences flirted with 'what are we going to do about john?' - pardon the expression
I noticed that kind of talk in @WDW1974's too and it's a big part of the reason why I put my question out there. If only he was still making Spirited threads on here. It is times like this where we need his insight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom