News Lasseter taking leave of absence

jakeman

Disregarding all that, when somebody constantly replaces the common hyperbole for literalism, one can read the literalism as hyperbole. And the hyperbole can serve as an exaggeration meant to highlight a basic truth. The technically incorrect can be more truthful than the strictly correct.
Translation: Lying is okay if you are trying to make a point.

The Empress Lilly

Translation: Lying is okay if you are trying to make a point.
Part of my issue is, I do not think LAKid is lying, even if he stated a falsehood. I deep read his post and the point he was making, which wasn't false. Or necessarily true. But rather, communicated a point of view.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Part of my issue is, I do not think LAKid is lying, even if he stated a falsehood. I deep read his post and the point he was making, which wasn't false. Or necessarily true. But rather, communicated a point of view.

LAKid here. Why would you think I'm lying? The photo I posted is off a respectable media website taken during the official opening of Pandora. I watched the video of the opening, which was posted on this site. Bob Iger was present. He spoke. What falsehood did I state? I was responding to Ford's statement...and I quote:

True because TDO management never visits the parks

And provided pictorial evidence to the contrary. How, pray tell, is that lying?

bclane

LAKid here. Why would you think I'm lying? The photo I posted is off a respectable media website taken during the official opening of Pandora. I watched the video of the opening, which was posted on this site. Bob Iger was present. He spoke. What falsehood did I state? I was responding to Ford's statement...and I quote:

It’s lying because you know as well as I do that that was actually Bob Iger’s animatronic stunt double doppelgänger from Earth 2 and not the real Bob Iger. You should be ashamed of yourself.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It’s lying because you know as well as I do that that was actually Bob Iger’s animatronic stunt double doppelgänger from Earth 2 and not the real Bob Iger. You should be ashamed of yourself.

:p

Well, I must admit that for a man who's spent time in front of the camera as a show host and weatherman, he's a tad "stiff"....

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, back to John Lasseter taking a leave of absence....

It will soon be Oscar nomination time. Do you think the Lasseter issue will hurt Coco's chances at both a nomination and statue?

The Empress Lilly

Iger is not TDO management. James Cameron is not TDO management. Hence what you posted is a falsehood: the picture does not, in fact, show TDO management in a Disney Park.

Which, however - and that is the point! - does not imply that you are lying at all. Merely that you may be factually incorrect, but that it is up to the reader to read your intention, an intention which was not to state a falsehood.

The lazy reader may think you are lying, but we, those who put in the effort you as author deserve, know you are not. That is, you are incorrect, but not wrong, and certainly not lying. ;)

The Empress Lilly

It will soon be Oscar nomination time. Do you think the Lasseter issue will hurt Coco's chances at both a nomination and statue?
I'd say yes, it will affect Coco's chances. After two decades of kisses serial rapist Weinstein's behind Hollywood will now show just how tough it is and not touch any leper with a ten foot pole.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Iger is not TDO management. James Cameron is not TDO management. Hence what you posted is a falsehood: the picture does not, in fact, show TDO management in a Disney Park.

Which, however - and that is the point! - does not imply that you are lying at all. Merely that you may be factually incorrect, but that it is up to the reader to read your intention, an intention which was not to state a falsehood.

The lazy reader may think you are lying, but we, those who put in the effort you as author deserve, know you are not. That is, you are incorrect, but not wrong, and certainly not lying. ;)

If you interpret TDO as Team Disney Orlando...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'd say yes, it will affect Coco's chances. After two decades of kisses serial rapist Weinstein's behind Hollywood will now show just how tough it is and not touch any leper with a ten foot pole.

Which is a shame, because those creatives responsible for Coco will be professionally penalized by the behaviors of Weinstein, Lasseter and others. And some may have been actual victims...

Captain Neo

It's ironic that you have decided what is truth or not... while one has gone through several iterations of investigation and courts... and the other has not.

The other straight up admitted guilt and took a long “sabbatical” fron the company while mounting evidence and witnesses have been dug up from Emeryville to Anaheim.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Looks like they were nervous about it. ;)

Disregarding all that, when somebody constantly replaces the common hyperbole for literalism, one can read the literalism as hyperbole. And the hyperbole can serve as an exaggeration meant to highlight a basic truth. The technically incorrect can be more truthful than the strictly correct.

Does TDO management visit the parks on any regular basis? Do they enjoy the parks sincerely? Enjoy it as entertainment for themselves or for 'others'? (I have sold garbage that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole myself, but I did taste it to see if it was fit to throw in the through for the masses eating it)
Is there anybody in TDO who would genuinely visit the parks if it were entirely unrelated to work? If no practically applicable insight could be gained? After they are retired? Visit the park the way Walt, or Tony Baxter, or Marty Sklar visit it? Is there any grownup in TDO who can't wait to do Enchanted Tales with Belle the way Walt couldn't wait to ride his train again? I bet not, and I blame this for how we ended up with garbage like ETwB.

^^^^ THIS x1,000,000 ^^^^

@The Empress Lilly, you get it Walt rode his train for the sheer joy of it, Like Stephen Tyler rode his coaster, because those creative endeavors made them happy, DL was 'Walt's Happy place' and it showed.

WDW is TDO's money factory and like most US industrial plants it looks like crap, Go visit a Japanese factory no matter how old the production equipment it looks like it just left the factory itself.

the.dreamfinder

Unless I missed something he never actually admitted guilt to anything more than a hug.
From his statement
It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent. Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down. I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.

Sonconato

Looks like they were nervous about it. ;)

Does TDO management visit the parks on any regular basis? Do they enjoy the parks sincerely? Enjoy it as entertainment for themselves or for 'others'? (I have sold garbage that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole myself, but I did taste it to see if it was fit to throw in the through for the masses eating it)
Is there anybody in TDO who would genuinely visit the parks if it were entirely unrelated to work? If no practically applicable insight could be gained? After they are retired? Visit the park the way Walt, or Tony Baxter, or Marty Sklar visit it? Is there any grownup in TDO who can't wait to do Enchanted Tales with Belle the way Walt couldn't wait to ride his train again? I bet not, and I blame this for how we ended up with garbage like ETwB.
Perfectly said.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom