News Lasseter taking leave of absence

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And yet all the accusers back off. Paid off, scared off? Without people following through in their allegations there will be no change. #Metoo

Seriously?! Read @bclane's story. Read what I just posted. Read what other women on this thread have posted about THEIR own experiences. And then reconsider the words you just wrote.....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Seriously?! Read @bclane's story. Read what I just posted. Read what other women on this thread have posted about THEIR own experiences. And then reconsider the words you just wrote.....
Calm down. He was talking about Singer (it's quoted in his post even).

And, as to what he said...he's right, that is what happened. Heck, even one of the accusers was dropped by his OWN attorneys because they became convinced the guy was making it up.

I don't see how that relates in any way to your post or @bclane 's...because, he was talking about Singer's past situations.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's so horrible!!! I'm so sorry for your daughter, but glad she got help and finally felt able to tell you about it.

I was a VERY stupid and rebellious teenager due to my dad having a terminal disease and my mother going completely off the deep end and basically abandoning us for booze and drugs...I consider myself lucky to be alive after some of the situations I ended up in.

Thank you. And I'm glad you are okay. It's really, really sad that there are so many of us who can give truth to this behavior. And explain why it still goes on.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Calm down. He was talking about Singer (it's quoted in his post even).

And, as to what he said...he's right, that is what happened. Heck, even one of the accusers was dropped by his OWN attorneys because they became convinced the guy was making it up.

I don't see how that relates in any way to your post or @bclane 's...because, he was talking about Singer's past situations.

I know who he was referring to. It's the "people need to follow through with their accusations or there will be no change" that I'm objecting to. Many try. As we have learned, they're not believed.

bclane

I know how you feel. In discussing Lauer's firing with my daughter on Wednesday, she finally told me she was raped at gunpoint...at the age of 13. The guy told her he knew where she lived and he's kill us all if she told. This was around the time my mother died and I attributed her problems with that - she and my mom were very close. We even went to counseling because she was having problems and clearly depressed. Which I thought was grief over my mom's death. She never confided to the therapist what happened. But she finally, on her own, years later, saw a therapist. Thank God.

The guilt I fell that 1) I couldn't protect my daughter from this monster and 2) I didn't recognize what was really going on with her has resulted in several sleepless nights. It took all my self control to not crash the car when she told me - I was that shocked, upset and angry, at him and me.

So not only was I assaulted as a 19 year old college freshman, I find out my daughter was raped..at gunpoint. Yes, people, it's that pervasive.....
OMG I am so sorry....for both you and your daughter. That is so gut wrenching to hear LAKid53. Yes thank God she went to a therapist and I pray you were both able to get the help you needed to work through everything that comes with that kind of trauma. And I understand the guilt you felt. We went through the same guilt for those exact two reasons that you mentioned. It was horrible. My God, I'm so sorry.

LAKid53

Premium Member
OMG I am so sorry....for both you and your daughter. That is so gut wrenching to hear LAKid53. Yes thank God she went to a therapist and I pray you were both able to get the help you needed to work through everything that comes with that kind of trauma. And I understand the guilt you felt. We went through the same guilt for those exact two reasons that you mentioned. It was horrible. My God, I'm so sorry.

Thank you. She won't tell me who he was. But she did say he was now in jail, for something.

bclane

I'm one of them, can't find him now
I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly, but if you are saying that you are a victim yourself then I am truly sorry for whatever happened to you. I hope that one day you are able to find him and that justice will be served. If I'm misunderstanding you, then I apologize.

21stamps

I'm from Jersey and ever since I was a kid in the 80s I have known who Trump is and the papers generally reported that he was a rich piece of crap who was horrible towards women, he was always in the gossip columns of every paper about his marriages who he was dating, his latest Howard stern appearances. His statements on Stern alone would be enough for any other politician to have to resign. And even though he was reported as a womanizing piece of garbage he was still a big time celebrity but times change and he is the most powerful man in the free world, does a lot to help him not have to face his accusers

And this is the exact line that I don’t think we should cross when assigning guilt of sexual assault.

Are there a lot of “rich powerful men” who are womanizers? Yes.
Does that make them all guilty of sexual assault? No.

I said something similar in another thread.. we can’t go crazy with the guilt assignment.
If we link womanizing..or even the creepy ‘sugar daddys’ as Men who are Assaulting Women.. then what are we saying to the women who are actual victims of assault, rape, or harassment, by no choice of their own?

We can’t water down the meaning of words.
The words- Sexual Discrimination. Sexual Harassment. Sexual Assault. Rape.
These consist of such a depth of malice and damage. IMO it’s an insult to the victims of any of those situations to lump them all together. Until men and women know the difference then the seriousness of them will still be downplayed, as it has been for so long.

JoeCamel

I'm sorry JoeCamel. I hope so too.
It was a long time ago but has influenced my life for all that time. There is nothing that will heal, nothing that will make it right. Even death of the perp will not stop what they put in process. It is forever and to have it happen over and over again is what is coming to the surface these weeks. Proof or no proof is inconsequential, the damage is done.
These women and men that are coming forth may not have proof. Many times it is he/she said to he/she said but it happens every day to so many people.

I don't know if it will ever change, we are hard wired for sex. It is part of our DNA to reproduce but the power thing is not part of that. It is just exercising power over other to make you feel like a big person when you are really showing ho much of a little person you are.

JL is not pushing sex he is just showing power while hoping sex results.

bclane

It was a long time ago but has influenced my life for all that time. There is nothing that will heal, nothing that will make it right. Even death of the perp will not stop what they put in process. It is forever and to have it happen over and over again is what is coming to the surface these weeks. Proof or no proof is inconsequential, the damage is done.
These women and men that are coming forth may not have proof. Many times it is he/she said to he/she said but it happens every day to so many people.

I don't know if it will ever change, we are hard wired for sex. It is part of our DNA to reproduce but the power thing is not part of that. It is just exercising power over other to make you feel like a big person when you are really showing ho much of a little person you are.

JL is not pushing sex he is just showing power while hoping sex results.
I don't know what to say except that I'm so sorry it happened to you. You didn't deserve any of it and none of it was your fault, no matter what happened and what the details are. It is never ever the victims fault. The only way I know of to truly heal is to do that one thing that is the absolute hardest thing anyone could ask of you and that is to forgive the person that hurt you. Not for them, but for you. If you believe in God, pray that He will give you the power to forgive him. Either way, if you haven't gone through counseling/therapy, no matter how long ago it happened, I would highly recommend it. It truly breaks my heart to think about how many people go through this everyday. Surround yourself with people who you love and who love you and help everyone you can. There is personal healing that comes with helping others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom