News Lasseter taking leave of absence

peter11435

I’ll pose the same question as above. Do allegations now equal guilt? Is that all we need to crucify someone?

You don’t believe, with everything going on, that journalists haven’t tried their hardest to uncover something? We can’t devolve into some kind of Scarlett Letter society.
No, Allegations do not equal guilt. But you implied that he was not one of those accused. If there are allegations, then he is accused. The article was about women who come forward to defend men who are accused. Trump is a man who was accused and had women come forward to defend him.

Guilt or innocence is another matter altogether. I don't believe that we have objectively come to a conclusion on that matter.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I made a comment on the article. I’m sorry that it offended you. It wasn’t meant to, just an observation.

Let’s focus on men who we know are guilty., and try to find out if others are., it’s a waste of time to focus on claims that would definitely have brought charges, or settlements, and especially more headlines at the time.
I don’t know about you., but I don’t think it’s healthy or beneficial to put blanket labels without actually knowing the truth.

Your logic in comparing those accused is mind boggling..

21stamps

Your logic in comparing those accused is mind boggling..

We have nothing to lump Trump to these men.. it has nothing to do with political bias.
If settlements are now socially accepted admissions of guilt- where are they?

It was a junk portion of the article that shouldn’t have been written in.. but alas, they must appeal to the masses. That’s why I think it was worthless. There’s enough bad going on.. let’s focus on that.. let journalist keep uncovering it.. but no need for that kind of lumping and speculation.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We have nothing to lump Trump to these men.. it has nothing to do with political bias.
If settlements are now socially accepted admissions of guilt- where are they?

It was a junk portion of the article that shouldn’t have been written in.. but alas, they must appeal to the masses. That’s why I think it was worthless. There’s enough bad going on.. let’s focus on that.. let journalist keep uncovering it.. but no need for that kind of lumping and speculation.

And you just confirmed the point the article is making.

21stamps

No, Allegations do not equal guilt. But you implied that he was not one of those accused. If there are allegations, then he is accused. The article was about women who come forward to defend men who are accused. Trump is a man who was accused and had women come forward to defend him.

Guilt or innocence is another matter altogether. I don't believe that we have objectively come to a conclusion on that matter.

Im saying that we know of allegations that involve some type of admittance, or settlements., or basically more to go on than stories that came out a year ago... but have never been able to gain traction or be verified.

There has to be a limit to when and what circumstance we assign guilt.. that specific article did not show that there is a limit to such a thing.. and that could be dangerous going forward.

21stamps

And you just confirmed the point the article is making.

I will not jump on a “Everyone is Guilty!” bandwagon until there is something that shows guilt. As a human, and especially as a woman.
Womanhood should not be “believe everything you hear because it is coming from a woman”. Not in my opinion.. we, all of us, are free thinking strong women.. we aren’t a herd. I don’t like when the media treats us as such.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Im saying that we know of allegations that involve some type of admittance, or settlements., or basically more to go on than stories that came out a year ago... but have never been able to gain traction or be verified.

There has to be a limit to when and what circumstance we assign guilt.. that specific article did not show that there is a limit to such a thing.. and that could be dangerous going forward.

:facepalm:

Most of Bill Cosby's accusers can't sue because the statute has run...and prosecutors can't file criminal charges for the same reason. But he was mentioned.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I will not jump on a “Everyone is Guilty!” bandwagon until there is something that shows guilt. As a human, and especially as a woman.
Womanhood should not be “believe everything you hear because it is coming from a woman”. Not in my opinion.. we, all of us, are free thinking strong women.. we aren’t a herd. I don’t like when the media treats us as such.

Then given that logic, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Mark Halpern, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer and the subject of this thread, John Lasseter, should still have their jobs.

21stamps

Then given that logic, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Mark Halpern, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer and the subject of this thread, John Lasseter, should still have their jobs.

Every one of those men have accusers who had verifiable stories to back up at least some of the claims. At least from what I read. I missed a lot of it.

I need to ETA.. not everything will be verifiable.. sometimes it will just be one person’s word vs the other... and men can definitely still be guilty without “proof”.. but in all of these there is a pattern..and in some cases, admittance.
Again, I don’t think the injection of Trump into the article was relevant to these specific cases.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Every one of those men have accusers who had verifiable stories to back up at least some of the claims. At least from what I read. I missed a lot of it.

So this really gets down to who's more believable.... All of those women lied.

21stamps

The article was basically “women enable men like Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose”.. and stated women who support Trump as an example.

If people believe that allegations, rather flimsy ones, should make people crucify someone.. then we are headed towards some kind of witch hunt.. or already in the midst of one. Or maybe the definition of “enable” is something different than it has always been.

Last edited:

21stamps

It has everything to do with political bias.

The article? Yes, yes it did.

It lumped women who supported someone who has not paid out settlements, or admitted guilt.. to women who showed support for men who did in fact admit to guilt.

I would hope people would look beyond their own bias, and see the distinction between the two scenarios.

21stamps

Do you look beyond your own?

I look at everything individually, because I am individual.. I don’t subscribe to group think or trendy pitch fork parties.. I can acknowledge the difference between the scenarios I just mentioned. You honestly can’t?

You can honestly call 2 women “enablers” 1 of which supports a man who has admitted that he was guilty of wrong doing.. and the other who supports a man because she doesn’t have such conviction based on the claims? This is equal to you?

bclane

Here is an article that details the sexual assault allegations against President Trump (I don't read the Washington Post, but it was the first articles that came up):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...uct-the-complete-list/?utm_term=.318b251a4eb9

The interesting part for me is when you scroll down to the list of corroborating accounts that go along with the accusations themselves. To me, the recording of him bragging about kissing and grabbing women is pretty damning, but maybe he was just being an , but then you also have him bragging to Howard Stern about purposefully walking in on half naked woman during the pageants and then you combine that with multiple woman accusing him of sexual assault and it becomes a hard sell to convince even completely unbiased independent thinkers (as if there was such a person) that he is totally innocent. I don't like the idea that our President might actually be a sexual predator, but I think that when there is that much smoke, there is likely a giant burning furnace of a fire to go along with it.

21stamps

Here is an article that details the sexual assault allegations against President Trump (I don't read the Washington Post, but it was the first articles that came up):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...uct-the-complete-list/?utm_term=.318b251a4eb9

The interesting part for me is when you scroll down to the list of corroborating accounts that go along with the accusations themselves. To me, the recording of him bragging about kissing and grabbing women is pretty damning, but maybe he was just being an ***, but then you also have him bragging to Howard Stern about purposefully walking in on half naked woman during the pageants and then you combine that with multiple woman accusing him of sexual assault and it becomes a hard sell to convince even completely unbiased independent thinkers (as if there was such a person) that he is totally innocent. I don't like the idea that our President might actually be a sexual predator, but I think that when there is that much smoke, there is likely a giant burning furnace of a fire to go along with it.

For me, having lived in Palm Beach County until 2013.. I know how gossipy Palm Beach is.. our news and newspapers are such a joke compared to most other cities. So many articles of powerful man who cheated on their wives or sexually harassed someone or accused of doing is such were in the papers constantly, I never remember reading something like this about Donald Trump.
I’m skeptical about that.. why/how would it never come to light.. or at least be gossiped about. And I lived and frequented places where I would have heard it.

As for his tape.. I won’t even begin to defend that.. but it is a far cry from the admissions/accusations on Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose. They were words between two men.. the other men took actions that we know hold some truth to them.

If “we” or the “media” are going to claim that women are enabling sexual assault/harassment, then we should be a little more sure that the claims are true.

21stamps

I just would love to see the day when men don’t whistle or call out to women.. when they don’t grope inappropriately, when they don’t try an unwanted kiss, or get uncomfortably close, or make deragotory comments about women based on their looks or what they’re wearing.

I hope all of the men here never did any of that when they were younger, but somehow I doubt it. When all of that ends.. then we will see an end to workplace abuse as well. It all boils down to viewing women as equals, not as objects. 100% equals, there can be nothing less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom