News Lasseter taking leave of absence

Pixieish

Ok just read it. Yes, it was very thought provoking, thanks for reminding me about the article. I think it must be something within our natures to want to defend the accused. I see myself doing this all the time with my students when I hear another teacher accuse one of my kiddos of cheating or misbehaving. I know that isn’t a perfect analogy, but I know that it is a powerful instinct to want to support those that we care about even in the face of very convincing accusations. I’m not sure what the solution to that is, but I think that now that the flood gates have been opened, that at the very least people will begin to question their loyalty in these situations. I’m hopeful that things will be better going forward, but I also know that this is just the beginning.
Which article?

21stamps

Um, no. He was mentioned in a list of accused abusers, along with other politicians. The article focuses more on Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer and others.

But he isn’t one of those accused abusers. It was an opportunity to take a shot at the president. Thought it was striking to lump him with men who are most likely guilty of actual sexual assault.

21stamps

Wrong, again. At least 10 women have accused him of similar behavior.

And accusations equal guilt?

I’m asking this in all seriousness.

IF those women are telling the truth.. and especially in today’s climate., you don’t think anything would be done? No bias, just a question.

The better mention would have been Bill Clinton.. but that doesn’t mesh with CNN.

disneygeek90

IF those women are telling the truth.. and especially in today’s climate., you don’t think anything would be done? No bias, just a question.

The better mention would have been Bill Clinton.. but that doesn’t mesh with CNN.
I believe the article is choosing to talk about pertinent, current allegations and trends. Not an event 20 years ago.

21stamps

Ummmmmm....

I’ll pose the same question as above. Do allegations now equal guilt? Is that all we need to crucify someone?

You don’t believe, with everything going on, that journalists haven’t tried their hardest to uncover something? We can’t devolve into some kind of Scarlett Letter society.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Wow, just wow. Legally, until those accused are adjudicated, these are accusations. And John Conyers is mentioned...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/trump-women-accusers/index.html

21stamps

I believe the article is choosing to talk about pertinent, current allegations and trends. Not an event 20 years ago.

Lol. Ok. Then it would make sense to stick to current allegations, would it not?

Anyway.. wasn’t trying to start a debate.. again, had to point out the obvious. I found it striking, and telling, and think it’s dangerous to move along those lines. Everyone and anyone can be guilty.. as long as someone says they are. Not a good look for America. And it distracts from men who are guilty, and the women who have suffered by their hands.

rd805

Didn't Bill Clinton commit adultery and not sexual harassment/abuse? I'm not saying one thing is better than the other, just that they are not related. In an article talking about sexual abuse by men in power positions, obviously Trumps accusations should be mentioned.

disneygeek90

Lol. Ok. Then it would make sense to stick to current allegations, would it not?

Anyway.. wasn’t trying to start a debate.. again, had to point out the obvious. I found it striking, and telling, and think it’s dangerous to move along those lines. Everyone and anyone can be guilty.. as long as someone says they are. Not a good look for America. And it distracts from men who are guilty, and the women who have suffered by their hands.
Most of your posts end up in debate and "all knowing posts", nothing new here. I'm not sure how it's not exhausting to you.

21stamps

Didn't Bill Clinton commit adultery and not sexual harassment/abuse? I'm not saying one thing is better than the other, just that they are not related. In an article talking about sexual abuse by men in power positions, obviously Trumps accusations should be mentioned.

He was accused of sexual harassment and assault.. by many women.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Paula Jones accused Clinton of sexual harassment while he was governor of Arkansas - he settled out of court.

21stamps

Most of your posts end up in debate and "all knowing posts", nothing new here. I'm not sure how it's not exhausting to you.
When literally no one here had made comments about Trump and his relevance to the article/Matt Lauer/JL and then someone calls out the article for "making it about Trump." Gotta love it.

I made a comment on the article. I’m sorry that it offended you. It wasn’t meant to, just an observation.

Let’s focus on men who we know are guilty., and try to find out if others are., it’s a waste of time to focus on claims that would definitely have brought charges, or settlements, and especially more headlines at the time.
I don’t know about you., but I don’t think it’s healthy or beneficial to put blanket labels without actually knowing the truth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom