News Lasseter taking leave of absence

jackmosby

What are you talking about ? Most of the books that are listed on the 2017 Banned Book Week list are here because of the alt-right/Christian right, not because of what you call "the SJW". The only book that is challenged because of allegations of sexual misconduct by its author is a children book written by Bill Cosby. Stop making stuff up

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It's the world we live in, The perpetually offended up here have had many crusades to remove books/movies from people considered 'tainted', It's so bad that the local libraries celebrate 'banned book week'

http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/

PIXAR stuff is joining a long list of things the 'perpetually offended' want to ban.
Can't see anything in that link that mentions Pixar .

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Then it should be pretty easy to post a picture of said posters especially if they are "all over the damn place".

Can't see anything in that link that mentions Pixar .
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

EPCOTCenterLover

I'm expecting even more scandals to come about now after the Gary Goddard exposure. If I remember correctly, someone here on these boards with knowledge of Hollywood's inner workings mentioned a famous single male Hollywood producer or director with the same interest in pre-teen / early teen males up and coming stars. Someone related to directing Comic Book / Superhero films. Can't remember names but I think he was associated with Goddard at some point. I wonder, too, when accusations with hit regarding Imagineering (after all the jokes and references made on this board by several posters.)

bclane

I'm expecting even more scandals to come about now after the Gary Goddard exposure. If I remember correctly, someone here on these boards with knowledge of Hollywood's inner workings mentioned a famous single male Hollywood producer or director with the same interest in pre-teen / early teen males up and coming stars. Someone related to directing Comic Book / Superhero films. Can't remember names but I think he was associated with Goddard at some point. I wonder, too, when accusations with hit regarding Imagineering (after all the jokes and references made on this board by several posters.)
Might have been referring to Bryan Singer as he fits that description.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
It's the world we live in, The perpetually offended up here have had many crusades to remove books/movies from people considered 'tainted', It's so bad that the local libraries celebrate 'banned book week'

http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/

PIXAR stuff is joining a long list of things the 'perpetually offended' want to ban.
More b#ll#cks, linking to a site that has nothing to do with your quaint little tale....

AEfx

The fact is that we as hardcore fans on a Disney theme park forum simply don't represent the general public mind set in any way, shape, or form.

Exactly, which is why Lasseter is nearly completely unknown to the general public, unlike Harvey Weinstein who is a world-wide celebrity in his own right.

Pixieish

In today's environment they are already irretrievably tarnished even now in my farm town the SJW's are trying to get all PIXAR related materials removed from circulation. Very Orwellian of them. JL is Double Plus Ungood down the memory hole with his works.
What is it with SJW's needing to take everything to the nth degree? You disagree with them, they yell in your face until you give up and walk away and then they feel like they won the argument, even though there was never any argument to begin with. They want to wipe history from the face of the earth because it's icky. Now they want to get rid of PIXAR films because of JL. Are Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 no longer required reading in school?!?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What is it with SJW's needing to take everything to the nth degree? You disagree with them, they yell in your face until you give up and walk away and then they feel like they won the argument, even though there was never any argument to begin with. They want to wipe history from the face of the earth because it's icky. Now they want to get rid of PIXAR films because of JL. Are Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 no longer required reading in school?!?
Just FYI...he has provided no actual proof that this is happening. I have searched high and low and can not find the first news article or even an off hand blog post suggesting that this is actually happening.

While it is not beyond the realm of possibility, it is currently just another fable created by a poster that has been proven time and time again to be a serial lair.

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't have to the local SJW's have posters all over the damn place DEMANDING that our local library remove PIXAR products from circulation cuz Lasserter is some kind of monster.

Really? Pictures, or link to a local news story, or even another poster mentioning a similar incident, would be nice. Otherwise, I don't believe it happened.

Pixieish

Just FYI...he has provided no actual proof that this is happening. I have searched high and low and can not find the first news article or even an off hand blog post suggesting that this is actually happening.

While it is not beyond the realm of possibility, it is currently just another fable created by a poster that has been proven time and time again to be a serial lair.
I realize he hasn't provided proof, but in my mind there's no need to what with what they're pulling when there isn't even a scandal going on - demanding the removal of statues, etc. etc.

sedati

With Coco, there was a woman Producer, and a Latino gay man co-directing and co-writing and writing most of the music. So... that's a step in the right direction.
Yes, and there's still something odd about her leaving and stating this as the reason. She pitched an idea that they loved and the door was swung wide open to them. Now, it happens that they had a creative falling out, but the statement seems more in line with someone who was never given a chance and this isn't the case.

Tick Tock

Then it should be pretty easy to post a picture of said posters especially if they are "all over the damn place".
Really? Pictures, or link to a local news story, or even another poster mentioning a similar incident, would be nice. Otherwise, I don't believe it happened.
Since he hasn't returned to give us his sources yet, I'll take a stab at it:
From Totally Legit News.com
"Mobs going crazy over Coco's Success....Demand Pixar to be removed from public eye."
Seriously, it's totally happening!
battle1.jpg

Link:
www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/packages/holidays/holiday-central-christmas/the-best-christmas-recipes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom