Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Heres my platform:
-reduced crowds
-a new Tomorrowland
-new original attractions
-and the reduced presence of NBC at Haunted Mansion in favor of adding in a "More Haunted" Mansion overlay during Halloween.

Notes from BOD -

-reduced crowds : Loss of revenue, strike one
-a new Tomorrowland : Increased capital expenditures with limited monetizing, strike two
-new original attractions : Limited monetizing possibilities, strike three
-and the reduced presence of NBC at Haunted Mansion in favor of adding in a "More Haunted" Mansion overlay during Halloween.

You'd be fired the same day and removed by security before even getting to your fourth idea out of your mouth.

TROR

- Limit the amount of guests allowed entry while increasing the price of tickets
- Create new park specific IPs to sell to the masses in the form of new original attractions

TROR

I noticed a week or two ago that Lasseter's portrait is still up on the wall in Carthay Circle.
They can't take down a portrait of a man who has admitted misconduct in the work place, but they can photoshop somebody else's head over Tom Staggs's body in the groundbreaking for Avatar photo. GG Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wish I had it saved, but in one of the restaurants, I believe, in Avatar Land, there's a photo of that groundbreaking and both Tom Staggs and Meg Crofton's heads were replaced.

That sounds like something that another forum site would do, not something Disney would actually do in the land itself. So you sure you didn't see it maybe on another site where they themselves photoshopped it not Disney?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

That is not even the same photo they claim is being "revised". Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Also note the dots at the top of the "revised" photo, that was done by whomever edited the photo to remove the Avatar promotional watermark.

Here are the real photos from the Inside the Magic article:

http://www./2014/01/avatar-land-con...e-world-of-pandora-to-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That is not even the same photo they claim is being "revised". Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Also note the dots at the top of the "revised" photo, that was done by whomever edited the photo to remove the Avatar promotional watermark.

Here are the real photos from the Inside the Magic article:

http://www./2014/01/avatar-land-con...e-world-of-pandora-to-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Original photo:

1515850918644.png

Shopped photo hanging up in Pandora:

1515850965803.png

It's a thing that did happen. No one disputed it when it was originally noticed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original photo:

View attachment 256068

Shopped photo hanging up in Pandora:

View attachment 256069

It's a thing that did happen. No one disputed it when it was originally noticed.

If its true then I stand corrected, however if true then they photoshopped everyone except Joe and George. This means they photoshopped Jon Landau (Avatar producer, the guy handing the shovel to the "Jake" character) and Bruce Vaughn (WDI, the guy to the right of Jon) which would not make sense if they were just trying to remove Staggs and Meg from the photo. I could understand maybe removing Staggs, Meg, and Bruce because they all don't work for Disney anymore, but what about Jon? What did Jon do that would have him be removed from the picture, especially since he is still involved in all things Avatar with James Cameron? So there is something else going on here.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If its true then I stand corrected, however if true then they photoshopped everyone except Joe and George. This means they photoshopped Jon Landau (Avatar producer, the guy handing the shovel to the "Jake" character) and Bruce Vaughn (WDI, the guy to the right of Jon) which would not make sense if they were just trying to remove Staggs and Meg from the photo. I could understand maybe removing Staggs, Meg, and Bruce because they all don't work for Disney anymore, but what about Jon? What did Jon do that would have him be removed from the picture, especially since he is still involved in all things Avatar with James Cameron? So there is something else going on here.

That still is Jon but altered to make him look like his Pandora alter ego, Marshall Lamm...

Yeah, it's all hard to believe.

TROR

He'll be back but then people will complain on Twitter and he'll be fired. Iger's made it clear he doesn't care about Lasseter's behavior.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That still is Jon but altered to make him look like his Pandora alter ego, Marshall Lamm...

Yeah, it's all hard to believe.

Now it makes sense, this is not Disney erasing its "history" as was being alluded to. This is the modification of a picture to make it tie into the story of the land. As I said before you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Now it makes sense, this is not Disney erasing its "history" as was being alluded to. This is the modification of a picture to make it tie into the story of the land. As I said before you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Yeah, but the one who are being made to tie into the story through complete facial reassignment are the ones also gone from the company. The ones still with the company have had no facial reassignment.

As much as often defend Disney... I have no defense of this.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, but the one who are being made to tie into the story through complete facial reassignment are the ones also gone from the company. The ones still with the company have had no facial reassignment.

As much as often defend Disney... I have no defense of this.

I agree but I'm sure there is an explanation that is more than just erasing history like I said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom