Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

hawkfam

Well, this is his wording in the statement so it seems to fall in line with what a few others suggest about it having nothing to do with the parks and everything to do with his work/social behavior:

I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.

celluloid

Never been a fan for other reasons but was not expecting this. Geesh. You may want to go ahead and take beyond that sabbatical.

Even if you take the witnesses with a grain of salt, so many different types of occasions and then the admission to it himself.

SSG

Original Poster
Jeez....

"Sources say some women at Pixar knew to turn their heads quickly when encountering him to avoid his kisses. Some used a move they called “the Lasseter” to prevent their boss from putting his hands on their legs."

"The same source said he once noticed an oddly cropped photo of Lasseter standing between two women at a company function. When he mentioned that to a colleague, he was told, “We had to crop it. Do you know where his hands were?”

TROR

Jeez....

"Sources say some women at Pixar knew to turn their heads quickly when encountering him to avoid his kisses. Some used a move they called “the Lasseter” to prevent their boss from putting his hands on their legs."

"The same source said he once noticed an oddly cropped photo of Lasseter standing between two women at a company function. When he mentioned that to a colleague, he was told, “We had to crop it. Do you know where his hands were?”
Was writing up a post about how I don't think we should be equating hugging without consent to the types of actions of Weinstein, Spacey, or Takei, but yikes this is bad.

britain

Man... :(

As grateful as I am about the rising tide of fearlessness coming from victims that are speaking up (and I do hope it continues, and that it leads to lasting change) it's hard to hear this news. My kneejerk reaction is to cough it up to too much drink mixed with extroverted chumminess. I sure hope it's not darker than that.

But no matter what the cause, behavior like this can't be permitted.

TwilightZone

OysEJfz2.png

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Was writing up a post about how I don't think we should be equating hugging without consent to the types of actions of Weinstein, Spacey, or Takei, but yikes this is bad.
This is more than hugging he's being accused of - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...uct-detailed-by-disney-pixar-insiders-1059594

Sources say some women at Pixar knew to turn their heads quickly when encountering him to avoid his kisses. Some used a move they called “the Lasseter” to prevent their boss from putting his hands on their legs. A longtime insider says he saw a woman seated next to Lasseter in a meeting that occurred more than 15 years ago.

“She was bent over and [had her arm] across her thigh,” he says. “The best I can describe it is as a defensive posture ... John had his hand on her knee, though, moving around.” After that encounter, this person asked the woman about what he had seen. “She said it was unfortunate for her to wear a skirt that day and if she didn’t have her hand on her own right leg, his hand would have travelled.”

The same source said he once noticed an oddly cropped photo of Lasseter standing between two women at a company function. When he mentioned that to a colleague, he was told, “We had to crop it. Do you know where his hands were?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom