Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

DisneyDoctor

please don't make me spell it out word for word for you...
Thats okay, I honestly don't care too much. Real life is getting pretty busy, gonna take some time away. Ruffling some feathers on here has been fun, but I'm gonna stop now. Most people will be happy I'm sure haha. I sincerely hope all of you have a good rest of the winter and spring. I hope no one took any of my boredom induced rants and pointless arguments personal. Although I understand if you did. I apologize. Anyways, cheers.

Curious Constance

The hilarious part is 20 somethings thinking you can change a 75+yr old person just because 'society has changed'.

The only way the older population changes... is by dying.
No one likes to deal with or even talk about reality. Then they wonder why none of the changes they are trying to institute actually happen in the real world.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No one likes to deal with or even talk about reality. Then they wonder why none of the changes they are trying to institute actually happen in the real world.

Seriously.. these people are set in their ways. When your 97yr old grandfather still says "colored people" - you realize it's a product of his time and not that he's doing it out of spite. Or when he calls out a girl as a real looker... or looks down upon some cross dressing or the like.

If someone thinks "oh those people are so rude!!" or "they are so insensitive!!!" -- Then they are the one living in fantasyland and 40-50 years from now they'll understand when the generation before them continues traits from their era, not whatever the latest is.

Curious Constance

Seriously.. these people are set in their ways. When your 97yr old grandfather still says "colored people" - you realize it's a product of his time and not that he's doing it out of spite. Or when he calls out a girl as a real looker... or looks down upon some cross dressing or the like.

If someone thinks "oh those people are so rude!!" or "they are so insensitive!!!" -- Then they are the one living in fantasyland and 40-50 years from now they'll understand when the generation before them continues traits from their era, not whatever the latest is.
Now we'll sit back and wait for the inevitable post saying you condone sexual abuse towards women.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

What constitutes the 5% of woes we don't contribute to? I don't think any 20 year old thinks they are immune and not contributing to the problem. We want to try and change many of the problems that have plagued society for a long time. That's not a bad thing.

Have you thought about my original question? Now, what constitutes the 95% of problems we contribute to or cause?
I was gonna type out a long response, but I see you're leaving us anyway...and well...
iwm64o.gif

TROR

AP's are why we're getting garbage like Pixar Pier which led to Lasseter's growing head making him think these actions were ok.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disneyland is for old farts like us. Keep millennials where they belong at Magic Mountain. ;)
This is just me and my old opinion, but I think Disneyland should be more easily accessible for families and people who actually appreciate the place for what it is and not simply use it for a new Instagram or YouTube video. Not saying that young people can't appreciate it for what it is, but it just seems to happen less and less, in favor of treating Disney like a social media hangout.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is just me and my old opinion, but I think Disneyland should be more easily accessible for families and people who actually appreciate the place for what it is and not simply use it for a new Instagram or YouTube video. Not saying that young people can't appreciate it for what it is, but it just seems to happen less and less, in favor of treating Disney like a social media hangout.

So only APs for those that can prove they have no social media presence? Or APs for those that prove they only post non-selfie style pics and no videos?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom