Lasers back on in Dinosaur

Slowjack

Really miss the lasers. There's so much bumpy darkness in this ride that it's a shame when any effect is lost. The laser box at the beginning made for a disorienting sense of movement. These days you're just goin' up a hill.

Figments Friend

Here you go! :D

dinoriders1.jpg

Disney needs to build this...NOW !

:p

Captain Neo

They probably just gave them a quick fix to impress George K. I will be impressed if they actually stay working and the other effects that have been listed extensively on this website have been fixed.

ctxak98

Meh, those lasers aren't working or I'll change my name to jt05.

So sad. Dinosaur is a mistaken copy of indy to begin with, was changed much for the worse to tie it in with the already forgotten movie of 'Dinosaur', and today runs in the worst condition of all rides in DAK - and that's saying something considering it is up against some pretty stiff competition from Everest and Kali.
Although I disagree with you on most points here, I can say I agree AK needs some TLC to its rides! However I prefer Dinosaur over Indy anyday. just my honest opinion. I find Indy over-Hyped in my opinion

articos

No I am pretty sure they were turned off back towards the opening! correct me if I am wrong @marni1971
@Alektronic is in a position to know just as much as Martin is. The portal laser was intermittently operating before being turned off and then parts removed. So although it may not have been there as much in later years, it may not have been officially removed as a show effect until '06.

ctxak98

@Alektronic is in a position to know just as much as Martin is. The portal laser was intermittently operating before being turned off and then parts removed. So although it may not have been there as much in later years, it may not have been officially removed as a show effect until '06.
Thanks and I don't really know much on who knows what around here so I don't mean to offend anyone! I just know that every time I've ridden it, Even when it was countdown to extinction, The lasers have not worked. I might just always have bad luck on timing! lol

The Empress Lilly

Thanks and I don't really know much on who knows what around here so I don't mean to offend anyone! I just know that every time I've ridden it, Even when it was countdown to extinction, The lasers have not worked. I might just always have bad luck on timing! lol
Here's a non-exhaustive list of insiders:

Marni (good friends with Martin)
Whylightbulb
Drew81
The Empress Lilly (bestest insider)
Articos
Spirit
WDW74 (spirit wannabe)
Lee
Alektronic
PeterAlt (knows all about the upcoming 5th gate)

Don't trust anything said by George.

articos

Don't think there was any offense meant or taken, just wanted to let you know. I think @Alektronic knows more than most anyone here when it comes to the show effects and technical services. You probably had bad luck with the lasers. They were very cool, and I hope they are reinstalled if they ever decide to refurb Dino.

Here's a non-exhaustive list of insiders:

Marni (good friends with Martin)
Whylightbulb
Drew81
The Empress Lilly (bestest insider)
Articos
Spirit
WDW74 (spirit wannabe)
Lee
Alektronic
PeterAlt (knows all about the upcoming 5th gate)

Plus @Tim_4 and @t3techcom18. And our own @wdwmagic, of course. And Eddie S., of course, too. Poor @George.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I hope and pray that people don't have to be told not to trust what I say. One exception would be the story of my torrid love affair with Judy Dench. That is entirely true. Also, the anecdote about Worldy, the monster that lives in World Showcase lagoon, saving the drowning tourist also really happened.

I can see that if I write another trip report people will doubt everything I say. "They didn't really eat at Coral Reef. What a liar!"

djkidkaz

Don't think there was any offense meant or taken, just wanted to let you know. I think @Alektronic knows more than most anyone here when it comes to the show effects and technical services. You probably had bad luck with the lasers. They were very cool, and I hope they are reinstalled if they ever decide to refurb Dino.

Plus @Tim_4 and @t3techcom18. And our own @wdwmagic, of course. And Eddie S., of course, too. Poor @George.

So alektronic should know exactly why the yeti doesn't work?

Alektronic

So alektronic should know exactly why the yeti doesn't work?

The Yeti actually works fine, but management decides to keep it off. First, it's all about the money. If they say it isn't about the money, it is definitely all about the money. Then it comes down to safety and the legal dept ( how much money can we be sued for if somethingh breaks). They are so afraid of being sued that instead fixing things to make it right, they would rather just turn it off and save money on maintenance and lawsuits. So no more show quality it is all about money savings. DAK is by far the worse of all the parks for maintenance wise.

Since this was about the lasers at Dinosaur, there are 2 lasers, one is Argon and the other is Krypton. Originally, the Argon(green) laser was used for the time portals and the end and beginning of the time tunnels. The Krypton laser was used the finale horizon meteor blast, then when they re-did the finale they moved the laser to the Iguanadon as a capture portal. Then like anything, things wear out after a lot of use. So they had to buy a new argon laser tube and they are expensive and they didn't like that at all. So after years of use, they had problems again, they replaced some parts here and there and tweaking on the PowerTrac. They decided instead of replacing the laser tube again, we will just use the Krypton(red) for all 3 laser portals. Then coming up with many excuses why not to use it like safety, what happens if it shoots someone in the eye? What happens when that fails? We don't have enough time to turn them on? They just decided to turn them off even though they still work fine. Just half of the other stuff in Dinosaur, it is just really depressing when you think of the stuff they got turned off and not using anymore and just collecting dust.

The Empress Lilly

Good additions! So this then is the 100% official, articos list of acknowledged insiders:

Marni (good friends with Martin)​
Whylightbulb​
Drew81​
The Empress Lilly (bestest insider)​
Articos​
Spirit​
WDW74 (spirit wannabe)​
Lee​
Alektronic​
PeterAlt (knows all about the upcoming 5th gate)​
Tim_4​
t3techcom18​
wdwmagic​
Eddie Sotto (aspiring imagineer, would be cool if they hired him, some of his stuff is promising, if unpolished)​
Don't trust anything said about George, including this.​

CAN WE GET A STICKY FOR THIS

djkidkaz

The Yeti actually works fine, but management decides to keep it off. First, it's all about the money. If they say it isn't about the money, it is definitely all about the money. Then it comes down to safety and the legal dept ( how much money can we be sued for if somethingh breaks). They are so afraid of being sued that instead fixing things to make it right, they would rather just turn it off and save money on maintenance and lawsuits. So no more show quality it is all about money savings. DAK is by far the worse of all the parks for maintenance wise.

Since this was about the lasers at Dinosaur, there are 2 lasers, one is Argon and the other is Krypton. Originally, the Argon(green) laser was used for the time portals and the end and beginning of the time tunnels. The Krypton laser was used the finale horizon meteor blast, then when they re-did the finale they moved the laser to the Iguanadon as a capture portal. Then like anything, things wear out after a lot of use. So they had to buy a new argon laser tube and they are expensive and they didn't like that at all. So after years of use, they had problems again, they replaced some parts here and there and tweaking on the PowerTrac. They decided instead of replacing the laser tube again, we will just use the Krypton(red) for all 3 laser portals. Then coming up with many excuses why not to use it like safety, what happens if it shoots someone in the eye? What happens when that fails? We don't have enough time to turn them on? They just decided to turn them off even though they still work fine. Just half of the other stuff in Dinosaur, it is just really depressing when you think of the stuff they got turned off and not using anymore and just collecting dust.

See and if that's 100% accurate that the yeti works and its just off for fear that something MIGHT go wrong, that really makes me angry! It's also sad because at least when we assumed it was broke there was always the potential it could be fixed and that's what we were waiting on. But this is something you'd have to wait for a huge leadership change that is willing to see things differently.

I just don't understand how it would even get built without all this stuff being checked out and approved prior to construction? Obviously the lawyers knew the yeti arm would swing over the track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom