Lame excuse for nightlife?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone really put any credence in what Screamscape reports? :shrug:

I can create a guest survey that reflects whatever I want it to reflect. Biased polling is an effective way for executives to further their agenda.

Lee

Adventurer
Wow...where to start with all the idiotic statements that have popped up all of a sudden.

Hardcard: Seriously, what's with the bad attitude? Is it just that much fun to ridicule things that people enjoy? Do you get a kick out of being that way?
I've grown seriously sick of having something that I enjoy, and am passionate about, be put down in this manner. It's totally pointless and mean spirited, and just reeks of looking for a fight. If I say that it is like insulting my family or friends, I am not kidding. I don't appreciate it...at all.

Here's an idea: Tell me something you really enjoy. Your favorite club, or band, or movie, or ...just anything. Make a thread about it so that I can, for no good reason at all, attack and ridicule it. Just for kicks. :rolleyes:

Seriously...it's just childish.

alecshawn: *sigh* Your pointless dislike for PI has been well noted. It is your opinion, not fact. In your opinion, closing PI was a good move. That does not make it so.
But, let's play with your post a bit. Just for kicks.
If I assume that your statistic is valid, and that only 10% of vacationers ever used PI...So what? How many people use the golf courses? How many people go to the luau at the Poly? How many ride horses or use watercraft or play mini-golf? The answer, a similar number. The rusult? That number is totally irrelevant. It is all a part of the Disney vacation experience and is available for guests to use if they so choose. There is no reason why guests should not also have options for nighttime entertainment outside the parks.

Now, another goofy statement: "VERY VERY few vacationers will miss it, locals (seedy ones) WILL miss it."
So...calling me seedy? And the other posters here who loved the AC and PI in general? We all seedy? I can assure you sir, we are not seedy in the least. Obviously you have some sort of problem with bars and night clubs, and the guests that go there, that prevents you from being able to see any redeeming qualities there at all.

Now, this little gem: "As stated above, if you want to bar hop, go somewhere else."
No. I don't appreciate being forced to go elsewhere. If you don't like PI, don't go. Just go wherever you go, do whatever you do, and be quiet. Let the rest of us enjoy ourselves as we see fit. This whole "my way or the highway" attitude is both silly and offensive.

Ok, here's two good ones: " Families don't abandon their kids for a night of binge drinking and frolic." and "If folks cant go on a family vacation (as over 90% of WDW business is families) and not bar hop...then maybe one needs to get better habits."
Sure. Adults with kids should act accordingly. But what about the rest of us? The adults who have no children, and don't want any. We are becoming the least appreciated demographic now days. Plus, the young singles, adults whose kids are not with them, etc. We should all suffer? I think not, sir.

Oh, they just get better: "It was no secret that there were issues will the type of folks hanging out there."
No. Not really.
There were a few isolated incidents that happened a couple years ago, but I assure you they were not at all a factor in the closing of PI. Not at all.
And even having said that, what few problems there ever were, happened after the idiots in charge changed PI from an admission-based area to an open area where anyone could come in. Before that change, there was never any problem at all, in fact PI was bustling along very well.

And last but not least, this brain fart: "P.I. was the opposite of what Disney is all about."
:ROFLOL:That is just absurd! So absurd that I can't even wrap my head around that twisted logic. Please, sir....help me understand how something as purely Disney as Adventurers Club was the "opposite of what Disney is all about."

End rant...for now.
I apologize if I come acrossed as angry, but....well, I am.
AC meant a lot to me. More so than a couple of the Disney parks. I take any attack on it personally, and will defend it to my dying breath.

One last statement. One I've used before when talking about rides and attractions.
Disney should be - Something for everyone, not everything for everyone.

sknydave

Ok.. 5-10% ever took advantage of Pleasure Island..

According to Themed Entertainment Association, 46,990,000 people visited at least one park at Walt Disney World. So that's between 2,349,500 - 4,699,000 people enjoyed Pleasure Island.

See how easy that was?

Lee

Adventurer
Wonderful post, Lee, but try not to let my favorite troll get to you too much.
I know, I know...I should just put them on ignore and pretend they don't exist.
:brick:

Few things in this world get me riled up...dissing the AC is one of them.:fork:

EPCOT Explorer

I know, I know...I should just put them on ignore and pretend they don't exist.
:brick:

Few things in this world get me riled up...dissing the AC is one of them.:fork:

Now you know how we feel about EPCOT Center.:wave::lol:

Well said, Lee. Your points are quite concrete. Makes me wish I got to see AC.

alecshawn

I am sitting here with a HUGE smile on my face.
Why?
All of the folks that are upset about a place that was so unDisney, its not funny.
A place that brought "seedy" as stated per WDI....folks out of the bowels of Orlando.
And, yes, they were seedy.
A place that was a failure, both in concept and finance.
This place is now closed and will not reopen as we know it. THANK YOU DISNEY!
It is rumoured that upscale shopping and eating establishments will be the replacements for P.I., i hope so.
Again, if folks want to bar hop.....go to Universal or Orlando.

Golf courses and other "non disney park" related places to go, doesnt attract gang "wannabees" or 21year olds that want to simply cause trouble.
Again, kudos to Disney.

EPCOT Explorer

Why?
All of the folks that are upset about a place that was so unDisney, its not funny.
A place that brought "seedy" as stated per WDI....folks out of the bowels of Orlando.
It is rumoured that upscale shopping and eating establishments will be the replacements for P.I., i hope so.

Golf courses and other "non disney park" related places to go, doesnt attract gang "wannabees" or 21year olds that want to simply cause trouble.
Again, kudos to Disney.

You really have no idea of the intentions, aims, and goals of WDI and TDO when they built PI, do you?:rolleyes::lol:

alecshawn

Wonderful post, Lee, but try not to let my favorite troll get to you too much.
spoken by a fella that likes call people trolls that he disagrees with.
ZERO, ability to debate on facts and merit. He tries to discredit those he cannot debate intellectually with thought and core beliefs.

unkadug

ZERO, ability to debate on facts and merit. He tries to discredit those he cannot debate intellectually with thought and core beliefs.

If it walks like a duck...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Why?

Again, kudos to Disney.
Having only been to the AC twice, I can't speak for all the time, but the place was very "Disney" and had no seedy elements while I was there. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am sad that it currently isn't open to the general public. Unlike yourself, I sincerely hope Disney will come to their senses and re-open it. "Kudos" only go to people who make good decisions, none are warranted here.

unkadug

It failed. Who cares as to WHY they built it. It was morally bankrupt when it opened.
But. they did the right thing by closing it.
EOM.

Ahh, your reasons for disliking PI are becoming evident.

Are you a member of the Christian Coalition?

Do you find it your moral obligation to rid the world of sin and vice?

SirGoofy

^I'm going to have to say yes.

How bout these facts?

I spent every Thursday night, and almost every weekend at PI from January-May 2008. Never was there "gangs." Never were any of the female or male friends I was with were ever harassed by these "seedy" elements you like to talk about.

A good friend of mine works DTD security, and in the 4 months she worked there while PI was still operating, she was never called in to stop "seedy" elements from causing mischief.

How bout them facts?

Lee

Adventurer

Bring it. Let's go.

PI was closed for purely financial reasons, let's start there.
Next, there was NEVER a seedy element at AC. Never.

Did you ever go, or are you basing your statements on some personal belief?:shrug:

SirGoofy

Bring it. Let's go.

PI was closed for purely financial reasons, let's start there.
Next, there was NEVER a seedy element at AC. Never.

Did you ever go, or are you basing your statements on some personal belief?:shrug:

I believe he was talking about me, Lee, but still, I will enjoy taking him on with you.:D

I feel like this may be a bit of a...hoopla!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom