La Fiesta de MJ

lunalovegoddess

Uponastar said:
I think I'd rather deal with the physical abuse too.
At least with that you can say "Here! Look! This is what he/she did to me!" But the other stuff is usually so deeply hurtful you tend to keep it buried. It's easier than facing it. You can't understand the idea that you aren't somehow responsible for the abuse. The stuff I took from other kids and even teachers (nuns!) in regard to my speech problem, I never told anyone. I think I felt like I deserved it for being different. It was a daily struggle. But I think I'm a kinder person for it. At least I try to be.

just thinking about the nun I had for a teacher still gets me steamed
She belonged to the generation which believed in corporeal punishment. The other teachers were laypeople, and generally I got on well with them. However, with the exception of two teachers, I did not think I could talk to them about my problems.
What I despised about those girls was that they could be saccharine sweet to my face, but then degrade me and take advantage of my attempts at friendship to humiliate me.

lisbetgabrielle

My satellite is down. It has been raining for what seems to be hours now. Well maybe 2. I need to get Netflix and rent some movies. But then what would I rent? I have no idea what to put on my list there are so many I haven't seen because no captioning.

Uponastar

lunalovegoddess said:
just thinking about the nun I had for a teacher still gets me steamed
She belonged to the generation which believed in corporeal punishment. The other teachers were laypeople, and generally I got on well with them. However, with the exception of two teachers, I did not think I could talk to them about my problems.
What I despised about those girls was that they could be saccharine sweet to my face, but then degrade me and take advantage of my attempts at friendship to humiliate me.

Kids are the cruelest creatures and I think girls are way worse than boys.
Boys tend to be more physical, but then it's usually over.
Girls. . . they ridicule and torment and it never ends.

Uponastar

lisbetgabrielle said:
My satellite is down. It has been raining for what seems to be hours now. Well maybe 2. I need to get Netflix and rent some movies. But then what would I rent? I have no idea what to put on my list there are so many I haven't seen because no captioning.

Poor Nana!
There must be some movie you'd like to watch.

lisbetgabrielle

Uponastar said:
Poor Nana!
There must be some movie you'd like to watch.
Actually there are many I want to watch. I just don't know where to start. Since they weren't captioned in the theater I never went to see them there. Love anything Disney, Classics, really want to see Children of A Lessor God. Wouldn't caption that. :)

lunalovegoddess

I think the one lesson I took with me from that time was that people in authority could be just as cruel as anyone else, just as willing to abuse their positions.
*For the record, I was never molested by priests, but I had a friend who was. He wouldn't come forward because everyone liked the priest and he didn't think anyone would believe him, at least not until I saw something I shouldn't have. I was asked not to mention it to anyone, which made me suspicious. If he wanted it kept a secret, then there must be something shameful about it. Later on, I blurted out my concerns during confession with a priest that I trusted, and the situation was resolved.*

lunalovegoddess

Alright. I'm being a real downer tonight, so I'm going to leave you with some fun news...
A) I finally got to read Danse Macabre, and it was better than I expected.
B) I saw the season finale for Doctor Who, and it made me laugh and cry, it was beyond comparison...
C) My kids are doing well, and alternating between amusing me and reminding me that my mom wished I would someday have children that acted the same way I did as a kid. She got her wish.
D) Bryan went to Clear Channel today... things are looking up.

I'm just not sure why I'm so pensive today... :confused:

joanna71985

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Work went well today. All I did was stand by the lines in HOF at Toontown and tell people which characters were in the rooms (even though the pictures were above the lines:rolleyes:), tell people that Mickey was next door in the Judge's Tent, and tell people where the bathrooms were. It wasn't too bad. Tomorrow I am at the Teacups, with Alice I believe. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Have a good evening everyone!:wave:

Disnut

Uponastar said:
Good night everyone!
Bonny and MJ . . .you're my girlies!

Connor . . . hope you're okay.

Love you all.

Good night Dot.

I need to go also my eyes are so droppy. I am falling asleep here at my keybroad.:snore:

lisbetgabrielle

Rain, thunder and lightening finally stopped! Yipee. Home it doesn't rain again until after we get home from church tmw night. Be home after 9pm. Probably be on before I go as well. NIght everyone. Hope I actually sleep tonight. I hate fibro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom