La Fiesta de MJ

Uponastar

Disnut said:
That is good. I almost left also. I can only be here a little while longer. I do need to do my bills. I keep putting them off.

Not one of my favortie jobs, either.
But it feels so good when it's done.
Now that I use Electronic Bill Payer it takes only a few minutes.
No checks, stamps, or envelopes.
It's great!

MommytoMJM

Okay, getting used to glasses on, glasses off all the time is going to get old... I need to buy one of thos glasses holders for around my neck...

lunalovegoddess

*drive-by posting*
hi y'all! Hugs for everybody, but double for the kiddos.

Having had the benefits and drawbacks of both public and private school, I can vouch for the fact that private school has its own set of unspoken rules. I thought the idea of wearing uniforms would serve as an equalizer, but it didn't matter. I was poor and on scholarship and there was naught to do about changing that. So I left public school to get away from the male bullies, who abused me physically, to be bullied by the private school girls, whose torment was more psychological and social.

If I had to pick my poison, I guess I'd prefer the boys, because at least I understood them. I mouth off to them, they hit me. Someone beats you up, you have to get back up and prove that you are tough enough to take it. You don't let them know how hurt you really are. It's all about saving face. Winning a fight is not as important as earning their respect.

Growing up with older brothers taught me to fight dirty when necessary, so I could handle myself one-on-one in a fight. However, I couldn't fight the girls. I didn't know how to play by their rules. No matter what I did, it was always the wrong thing. If I mouthed off to the boys, and they didn't like me, I knew why. With girls, generally they were biased against me before I even opened my mouth. My hair, my glasses, my background... their problem was never about me, but about things that I couldn't control.
They hurt me with words. Fists I understood, but humiliation and ostracism were foreign concepts.

Gee. That was a pleasant post. :rolleyes:

Disnut

Uponastar said:
Not one of my favortie jobs, either.
But it feels so good when it's done.
Now that I use Electronic Bill Payer it takes only a few minutes.
No checks, stamps, or envelopes.
It's great!

I still do my bills the old fashion way. I know it takes longer but that is ok most of the time.:lol:

Disnut

lunalovegoddess said:
*drive-by posting*

Having had the benefits and drawbacks of both public and private school, I can vouch for the fact that private school has its own set of unspoken rules. I thought the idea of wearing uniforms would serve as an equalizer, but it didn't matter. I was poor and on scholarship and there was naught to do about changing that. So I left public school to get away from the male bullies, who abused me physically, to be bullied by the private school girls, whose torment was more psychological and social.

If I had to pick my poison, I guess I'd prefer the boys, because at least I understood them. I mouth off to them, they hit me. Someone beats you up, you have to get back up and prove that you are tough enough to take it. You don't let them know how hurt you really are. It's all about saving face. Winning a fight is not as important as earning their respect.

Growing up with older brothers taught me to fight dirty when necessary, so I could handle myself one-on-one in a fight. However, I couldn't fight the girls. I didn't know how to play by their rules. No matter what I did, it was always the wrong thing. If I mouthed off to the boys, and they didn't like me, I knew why. With girls, generally they were biased against me before I even opened my mouth. My hair, my glasses, my background... their problem was never about me, but about things that I couldn't control.
They hurt me with words. Fists I understood, but humiliation and ostracism were foreign concepts.

I had people (mostly girls) pick on me. I was very shy in school. But it was never that bad. I really never understood why others pick on others. As I get older I am finding our I had it pretty lucky.

Uponastar

lunalovegoddess said:
*drive-by posting*

I think I'd rather deal with the physical abuse too.
At least with that you can say "Here! Look! This is what he/she did to me!" But the other stuff is usually so deeply hurtful you tend to keep it buried. It's easier than facing it. You can't understand the idea that you aren't somehow responsible for the abuse. The stuff I took from other kids and even teachers (nuns!) in regard to my speech problem, I never told anyone. I think I felt like I deserved it for being different. It was a daily struggle. But I think I'm a kinder person for it. At least I try to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom