La Fiesta de MJ

Pongo

Original Poster
Fantasmic!329 said:
Thanks, Bon, but first I need to persuade her to go to Disney. :lol:

Luke, you do not want glasses. I hate wearing them. But I have a phobia of touching my eye (so no contacts) and really don't care for surgery; so for now, I'm stuck with glasses. I hope I'll get over the phobia. Not sure. :(

I don't think I could handle contacts either. Just the thought makes me feel weird.

Fantasmic!329

Pongo said:
I don't think I could handle contacts either. Just the thought makes me feel weird.
I accidently poked my eye in second grade, and I couldn't see right for a few weeks. :lookaroun I'm just scared that the same would happen with contacts.

nibblesandbits

Fantasmic!329 said:
I only HAVE to read The Color of Water by James McBride, but I haven't started it. Yet, I have read about 7 other books. Funny that I LOVE to read the books that I don't have to. :drevil:
Freddy, I'm the same way!

MommytoMJM

Ok, these are essentially my new glass, mine are more purple...

Theses (not the color, but the size) are what I normally wear

In fact I used to have these glasses in pink....

Pongo

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
I never had to wear glasses... but I'm doomed eventually. Both my parents wore them.

My sister has had an astigmatism (sp?) since she was about 15 or so. And my dad wears glasses. And my mom is using reading glasses now.

Maybe I got the good genes in the family.

Pongo

Original Poster
MommytoMJM said:

That's funny, because the top pair are what everyone my are wants to wear :lol:

MommytoMJM

dreamteacher said:
hi
I have been reading this thread for some time now just wanted to say hope everyone is doing good.

Thank you and welcome to the thread! I hope you'll pop in and vsist with us more often! :D

MJ and I are doing okay, she is still recovering from her bout in the hospital and so am I!

DisneyBunny

MommytoMJM said:

I like your new ones! Quite stylish :D

nibblesandbits

Fantasmic!329 said:
Thanks, Bon, but first I need to persuade her to go to Disney. :lol:

Luke, you do not want glasses. I hate wearing them. But I have a phobia of touching my eye (so no contacts) and really don't care for surgery; so for now, I'm stuck with glasses. I hope I'll get over the phobia. Not sure. :(
oh contacts aren't so bad. I've been touching my eye since I was in fifth grade. I would really like to get Lasik though, but I'm scared to. But I will more than liely get it sometime in my life.

dreamteacher said:
hi
I have been reading this thread for some time now just wanted to say hope everyone is doing good.

eek! A lurker!

*makes sure she hasn't said anything stupid...today*

*Nope, we're good*

Hi dreamteacher!!! :wave:

MommytoMJM

They are the in thing, I hate, hate, hate them!!!!! (The new stylish glasses)

You get used to contacts, mine I can wear for 30 days straight and then throw away, so I don't take them in and out everyday. I started wearing them when I played competitive paintball.

nibblesandbits

MommytoMJM said:

You get used to contacts, mine I can wear for 30 days straight and then throw away, so I don't take them in and out everyday. I started wearing them when I played competitive paintball.
see, I have gas permeable lenses, so I don't get to throw mine away and I'm supposed to take them out at night.

Makes me really want to look into Lasik!!! I hear it's wonderful though. I haven't been able to see without help since I was 8. It's almost been 15 years since I could actually see.

DisneyBunny

Pongo said:
My sister has had an astigmatism (sp?) since she was about 15 or so. And my dad wears glasses. And my mom is using reading glasses now.

Maybe I got the good genes in the family.

My mom has astigmatism and is blind as a bat without hers. Dad wore them too, but I don't know much about it. Marc is the only one in his whole family that doesn't need glasses - both parents, both brothers, and all 4 grandparents need them. He got off lucky!

Fantasmic!329

nibblesandbits said:
oh contacts aren't so bad. I've been touching my eye since I was in fifth grade. I would really like to get Lasik though, but I'm scared to. But I will more than liely get it sometime in my life.
My brother had the surgery done, and he is now glasses-free. :wave:

Pongo

Original Poster
MommytoMJM said:

Wait a second. Did I read that right?

Wow, Bonny. I would have never guessed. That's AWESOME.

DisneyBunny

MommytoMJM said:

I picked out a pair of sunglasses for my mom once. Very stylish. I thought they looked great on her! But she never let me forget how much she hated them, and the next time she got a pair, she reverted back to that ginormous 80's style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom