Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

debpeduz

My family and I have eaten at Kouzzina for both breakfast and dinner. It wasn't a place that totally wowed us, but it was pretty good. I agree with previous posts-please don't put a chain restaurant in. There are enough of those around the area. It would be nice to have something unique and special to the boardwalk. Perhaps bring in a restaurant that is at the same caliber of Flying Fish Cafe - absolutely amazing and we try to go on every trip!!

C.FERNIE

Our Family never really liked it... so quite glad really... we always stay at the boardwalk and when it changed from spoodles it just emptied and the food was not to our liking! BRING BACK SPOODLES!

jt04

See my response to you in the ADH thread. It applies here as well.

You have a need to control others it seems. I do not like golf but that does not mean I think others should not enjoy it. It is good golf is an option at WDW.

Something for everyone.

JTT

I think a joes crab shack would work there also.

They have always had Like buttons when you agreed with a post.

Now I wish they had a Hate button.

It's not that I hate Joe's, it's the fact that when you go to Disney World you should get a unique Disney experience. That's what people pay for. They don't pay enormous sums of money to get an experience that you can get in any town USA.

baymenxpac

no offense, guys, but the idea of the kind of chain restaurants on the boardwalk that you're mentioning kind of makes me never want to go to the boardwalk again, and it's one of my favorite places in all of WDW.

also, sort of playing it fast and loose with the term "delicious." the last time i was forced by my group of friends to eat at bubba gump in times square -- the touristy of tourist traps -- (yes, it was 10 years ago, and no, i haven't been back since), i found it to be nothing more than underwhelming food you can find in any chain restaurant.

good news though: if you want to experience real, upscale dining, it does exists within walking distance of the boardwalk.

Irie

You have a need to control others it seems. I do not like golf but that does not mean I think others should not enjoy it. It is good golf is an option at WDW.

Something for everyone.
Not trying to control anything, but people (and by that I mean people that actually go to WDW) spend large sums of money at WDW to escape from the ordinary/mundane. You would have everything at WDW be generic. A concept you cannot seem to grasp is that once unique experiences dwindle so does the justification for going to WDW in the first place.

surfsupdon

There should be bus transportation to the BoardWalk in the evenings. Five (5) extra busses needed, maybe from 4pm-12am. Make it more accessible for Resort Guests. I think some variation of this could work out well.

Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk/Swan/Dolphin all can walk. Plus Guests at Epcot/ MGM.

BUS for Grand Floridian, Poly, Contemp, Wilderness.

BUS for Riverside, French Quarter, OKW, Saratoga.

BUS for AKL & Coronado.

BUS for All Stars.

BUS for Caribbean, Pop, and Animation.

ABQ

There should be bus transportation to the BoardWalk in the evenings. Five (5) extra busses needed, maybe from 4pm-12am. Make it more accessible for Resort Guests. I think some variation of this could work out well.

Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk/Swan/Dolphin all can walk. Plus Guests at Epcot/ MGM.

BUS for Grand Floridian, Poly, Contemp, Wilderness.

BUS for Riverside, French Quarter, OKW, Saratoga.

BUS for AKL & Coronado.

BUS for All Stars.

BUS for Caribbean, Pop, and Animation.
That I agree with. If the locations on the Boardwalk are destination Disney wants to have visited upon by folks staying in other places than the Epcot resorts, they need to offer a better way to visit them other than driving (good luck with parking, btw)

majortom1981

no offense, guys, but the idea of the kind of chain restaurants on the boardwalk that you're mentioning kind of makes me never want to go to the boardwalk again, and it's one of my favorite places in all of WDW.

also, sort of playing it fast and loose with the term "delicious." the last time i was forced by my group of friends to eat at bubba gump in times square -- the touristy of tourist traps -- (yes, it was 10 years ago, and no, i haven't been back since), i found it to be nothing more than underwhelming food you can find in any chain restaurant.

good news though: if you want to experience real, upscale dining, it does exists within walking distance of the boardwalk.

There are 2 chains on the boardwalk already, joes crab shack would fit the theme of the boardwalk. Espn zone is a chain since it exists in more then one place and so is the big river grille. I guess you do not like star bucks either or ANY OF THE epcot restaurants since they are run by chains also.

surfsupdon

That I agree with. If the locations on the Boardwalk are destination Disney wants to have visited upon by folks staying in other places than the Epcot resorts, they need to offer a better way to visit them other than driving (good luck with parking, btw)

Exactly. The bus service wouldn't be direct, there would obviously be multiple stops. But if I were staying elsewhere than a Deluxe Epcot, I would def take a Disney bus to the BoardWalk each and every trip.

FerretAfros

There are 2 chains on the boardwalk already, joes crab shack would fit the theme of the boardwalk. Espn zone is a chain since it exists in more then one place and so is the big river grille. I guess you do not like star bucks either or ANY OF THE epcot restaurants since they are run by chains also.
The restaurant at the Boardwalk is ESPN Club, not ESPN Zone; although a similar concept, they've always been independent. The ESPN Zone brand folded around 2010, closing all locations except for DTD Anaheim and LA Live (next to the Staples Center), so it's not common at all any more (and if you're from soCal, you're likely to think of Disney Parks as being a chain of its own)

I had no idea that Big River was a chain, but given the terrible reviews it's gotten in this thread, it really doesn't do much to support the idea that there should be chains at Boardwalk

Mammymouse

Boardwalk is our home resort (DVC) but we have not stayed there in a couple years because I usually book last minute and we can never get in :(, although in previous years I always could. As others have mentioned if you are not staying there getting in to park is a big problem, even if you are DVC. They always have the lot reserved now for a "function", and "forget-a-bout-it" when it is Food and Wine Festival. And, there are no buses from EPCOT to Boardwalk, which we found out the hard way years ago when there were tornado warnings and we wanted to get back to the Boardwalk where we were staying.

I never thought a Greek restaurant on the Boardwalk was a good fit. I think that the Boardwalk just needs a better blend of restaurants that would be reminiscent of the Jersey Shoreline as the Hotel/DVC tries to portray, and I think the Clubs would fit better at DTD. We've stayed at Beach Club many times and that and Yacht Club seem to have much better themation (word?) of food offerings.

baymenxpac

you know, it's funny. i wrote my comment very, very carefully to avoid this type of comment, but i guess just can't expect people to appreciate nuance. if you go back and, ya know, read what i wrote, you'll see i said, "chains like the ones you're talking about." there's no reason to go full-blown third party vendor there, especially for something -- and i apologize if you somehow have a vested interest in joe's crab shack -- as mundane and low-end as joe's crab shack.

as long as you're mentioning other chains, i love starbucks coffee, don't really find anything worth eating at ESPN and find no reason to frequent the place unless a game is on that i just can't miss (which is quite rare when i'm on vacation), and what's the third? big river, i guess? that place kind of stinks, too. i don't have anything against chains, per say. the food is usually consistent, the kitchens are usually immaculate. it boils down to quality and bang for my buck. why am i going to the boardwalk specifically (which is a place that, anecdotal or not, i've found to have serve a niche market and doesn't necessarily need cross over appeal for every one on every budget) to buy food i could eat at home any time i want?

also, i don't think something existing in more than one place qualifies something as a chain. il mulino exists in vegas and in the swan. i don't think i'd call it a chain. same can be said for, say....tom colicchio's craft, which as multiple locations.

willtravel

They have always had Like buttons when you agreed with a post.

Now I wish they had a Hate button.

It's not that I hate Joe's, it's the fact that when you go to Disney World you should get a unique Disney experience. That's what people pay for. They don't pay enormous sums of money to get an experience that you can get in any town USA.
I guess you don't go and will not go to DDD now or when the renovation is done? I don't think there are unique experiences there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom