Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

note2001

They should put something you'd actually find on a boardwalk like Ocean City or Wildwood. Mack and Manco pizza, Taylor pork rolls sandwiches, waffles and ice cream, fresh squeezed lemonade and lime Rickey's. And Uncle Bill's pancakes and scrapple for breakfast.

That's what I'm talking about :) Disney should make an attempt to bring the flavor of Jersey's boardwalk down.
I'm from New England so the only comparison I have (as poor as it is) is Revere beach's Kelly's.

Dwarful

We ate at Kouzzina's the summer of 2012. We were with another family and it was their favorite place to eat. After our meal we all agreed it would be a long time before we made a special trip back. The dining room was pretty empty and yet service was awful and the food just ok.

dolce20

Oy vay, will I ever have a day where "Snooki" isn't a word that goes hand-in-hand with Jersey? She's not even FROM my lovely garden state! She came over and trashed up a perfectly good shore town like Seaside Heights and all great things about my shoreline will now forever be tainted/overlooked/forgotten. Like Figment...*sigh* somebody get me a corn dog and a Bruce record - quick!

EpcoTim

They should put something you'd actually find on a boardwalk like Ocean City or Wildwood. Mack and Manco pizza, Taylor pork rolls sandwiches, waffles and ice cream, fresh squeezed lemonade and lime Rickey's. And Uncle Bill's pancakes and scrapple for breakfast.

Keep the greasy-haried, fake-tanned-axe body spray-covered meatheads in Jersey and I'd say you have a plan.

Actually, it might be more wise to cover a Cali boardwalk. Disney has already taken its beating for barely understanding what California is all about, so they have that going for them.

Tigger1988

Oy vay, will I ever have a day where "Snooki" isn't a word that goes hand-in-hand with Jersey? She's not even FROM my lovely garden state! She came over and trashed up a perfectly good shore town like Seaside Heights and all great things about my shoreline will now forever be tainted/overlooked/forgotten. Like Figment...*sigh* somebody get me a corn dog and a Bruce record - quick!
Seaside was trashy long before Snooki, it's not called Sleezeside for nothing. However there's many other shore towns in the state, none of which have "meatheads". They'd be smart to theme it as something you'd actually find on the boardwalk.

dolce20

Keep the greasy-haried, fake-tanned-axe body spray-covered meatheads in Jersey and I'd say you have a plan.

Actually, it might be more wise to cover a Cali boardwalk. Disney has already taken its beating for barely understanding what California is all about, so they have that going for them.
Haha, very funny..
Every one of my 39 years has been in Jersey and I can assure you that I:
1. am not tan. In fact, I'm white, porcelain in fact.
2. wear minimal amounts of perfume..and when I do, it's made by a reputable manufacturer of perfume.
3. don't go to the gym.
4. prefer not to wear hair gel, spray nor mousse. I left it behind in the 80's as did most normal people in Jersey.

Have I mentioned that I hate Snooki?

Yes, I realize you were half kidding in your description of New Jersey people.

dolce20

Seaside was trashy long before Snooki, it's not called Sleezeside for nothing. However there's many other shore towns in the state, none of which have "meatheads". They'd be smart to theme it as something you'd actually find on the boardwalk.
Back in the 80's (before Snooki existed?), SEAside was a great town to spend summer nights in..rides, pizza, custard..and not a meathead of today's meathead standards in sight. Mullets? Yes. Meatheads? Not back then.

EpcoTim

Haha, very funny..
Every one of my 39 years has been in Jersey and I can assure you that I:
1. am not tan. In fact, I'm white, porcelain in fact.
2. wear minimal amounts of perfume..and when I do, it's made by a reputable manufacturer of perfume.
3. don't go to the gym.
4. prefer not to wear hair gel, spray nor mousse. I left it behind in the 80's as did most normal people in Jersey.

Have I mentioned that I hate Snooki?

Yes, I realize you were half kidding in your description of New Jersey people.

I'm not sure what a "Snooki" is, but if Google's Boardwalk translator is correct than its a "giant bag of cotton candy wrapped in a giant bag of whip cream and deep fried in spongecake. Serve well dry, washed-up and wrinkled". That is disgusting.

And yes, I was actually more than half kidding, just taking a cheap shot at a very small minority in what is otherwise a very normal, regular and sane state.

Last edited:

dolce20

I'm not sure what a "Snooki" is, but if Google's Boardwalk translator is correct than its a "giant bag of cotton candy wrapped in a giant bag of whip cream and deep fried in spongecake. Serve well dry, washed-up and wrinkled". That is disgusting.

And yes, I was actually more than half kidding, just taking a cheap shot at a very small minority in what is otherwise a very normal, regular and sane place.
Holy crap, let's hope the new Kouzzina doesn't serve THAT on the menu! Or if they do, maybe they can ring a bell or sound some sirens like when people order the "kitchen sink" next door at B&C. ..and thanks for saying we are normal and sane! I knew I liked you! ;)

Next Big Thing

Disney doesn't make it very easy to get there...
This is the biggest thing.

If it had it's own separate parking lot i'd probably end up there a lot more than I do, there's so much water in that area though they can't really do anything (or at least anything that would be financially worth it).

The Boardwalk itself is really the resort area as it is though, so an influx of DTD-style traffic would be pretty unwelcome to those staying there.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not a problem isolated to Disney, I can assure you. There's a reason Mythos is a shadow of what it used to be.

That's the first time I've heard that about Mythos...I've been dining there since before IOA opened for previews and always had an excellent meal and a good, varied menu.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I miss Spoodles. We had Thanksgiving dinner there one years, it was fantastic. Cat's I never really cared for.

Spoodles-50907-029.jpg
Spoodles-DiningRoom-A--101306-5151.jpg

I just think they jumped on the Iron Chef hype too quickly and that has faded over the years. Much like Idol.

eastvillage

Between the (slightly) out of the way location on the Boardwalk and the new addition of a restaurant in WS that also serves Mediterranean food (Spice Road Table), I'm sure this all contributed. Sad though, I had dinner at Kouzzina and really enjoyed it. Canceled a brunch there one trip due to time, but was hoping to get back to try it out. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom