Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

Obi

we had dinner at kouzzina on our last trip. first time there and we gave it a try. our experience was really great! the food was delicious and our waiter was very attentive. was looking into going there again on the disneymoon, but sadly, it will be closed by then. oh well....

SagamoreBeach

This was one of my very favorites! To read the menu it didn't sound like much, but once you tried the food it was absolutely PHENOMENAL! Sorry to see it will be closing. :cry:

Looking for a place to have dinner, I stopped to read the menu. Nothing jumped out at me or sounded like I would want to try it. I'm sure it was an excellent restaurant. That's the thing about food... it is subjective and personal.
-T

CheshireCat12

Booked Kouzzina for breakfast- looking forward to trying it before it closes. Cat Cora played into my decision not at all. I liked the interesting menu. We need more Disney dining options for those of us with more adventurous palates! I don't do the steakhouses- I'm much more interested in things like Boma, Sanaa, Spice Road/Marrakesh.

Genie of the Lamp

"Walt Disney World regularly reviews and updates the portfolio of our food and beverage offerings here," a Disney World internal memo said.

"After five successful years operating Kouzzina by Cat Cora, we have decided to move on to new opportunities," it said. "We are very appreciative of the amazing Cast Members who made Kouzzina by Cat Cora such a popular destination. Our collaboration has been an incredible adventure and we are very proud of the restaurant we created and the experiences we provided to countless families who enjoyed everything Walt Disney World Resort has to offer. It is our hope to work together again in the future.”
-Joint statement from Cat Cora and WDW

(Source: Orlando Sentinel)

Mukta

Kouzzina's stacked breakfast is my favorite meal in all of WDW. I can't imagine a trip without it! I eat there at least once every trip. I am devastated. :(

USAF79

Bummer. Really enjoyed breakfasts there. Very unique take on breakfast compared to the regular disney breakfast of Mickey waffles, runny eggs and home fries. Great interior with open kitchen. Never had dinner there....

MarkTwain

Why not a real NJ Boardwalk joint...sausage and peppers, porkroll egg and cheese, pizza slices bigger than your head, zeppoles...and snooki could be hostess, maybe even do a meet and greet

Actually that could be a lot of fun...and make Big River over into a proper Gastropub...so you would have reasonably priced fun food...and then something a little more sophisticated but not Flying Fish... Then maybe they could send ESPN to Downtown Disney and put the Adventurers Club in it's place...

I could go for this.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Why not a real NJ Boardwalk joint...sausage and peppers, porkroll egg and cheese, pizza slices bigger than your head, zeppoles...and snooki could be hostess, maybe even do a meet and greet

LOL, I would have "liked" that post if not for the snooki mention!!

I'm definitely curious to find out what will go in that spot. I was a fan of Spoodles.

dolce20

Spoodles had charm. Their quirky logo/signage was cute when lit up on the Boardwalk at night.

Kouzzina had a really nice breakfast menu - standard American fare with a twist, nice flavors. Dinner offered a wonderful seafood stew with great fresh fennel flavor. They never did enough of a decor update when it switched to Kouzzina but that's neither here nor there. For an iron chef, service should have been more polished but overall, a very good/overlooked restaurant.

What would I like to see next? NOT a chain, please!!!! Not a buffet. Maybe not even a celebrity chef establishment and please no expansion of a bar. (ESPN is gigantic enough and Big River is a monstrosity). I'd like an original Disney owned and run casual eatery. Something on par with Kona, Wave or Whispering Canyon. All deluxe resorts need this and we already have a signature. As a Jersey girl and an interior designer who appreciates all Disney design, I'd REALLY like to see something that fits the mould of the Jersey coastline/turn of the century theme, in a fresh way of course. Flying Fish does a beautiful job of this. Perhaps seafood is already covered at FF so let's go for something like Jersey-shore inspired sandwiches, gourmet sausages, market vegetables, fun takes on corn dogs, Taylor ham, flavored lemonades and other gourmet versions of boardwalk treats.

Last edited:

Fe Maiden

If you want to see lines down the boardwalk and the average Disney guest completely satisfied with the menu, stick a Shake Shack in there.

I've never been to the real Boardwalk area, so pardon my lack of knowledge...
Aren't there some iconic restaurants that could be brought down to Disney and fare well while keeping the theme?

They should put something you'd actually find on a boardwalk like Ocean City or Wildwood. Mack and Manco pizza, Taylor pork rolls sandwiches, waffles and ice cream, fresh squeezed lemonade and lime Rickey's. And Uncle Bill's pancakes and scrapple for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom