Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

Dads 2 Boys

Possibly, but some of the blame might be who she partnered with to manage/run them for her as well.

Her restaurants have never sustained that well....and I think it's a reflection on her. She doesn't come across as likeable and the food is good but service isn't at a standard that other "Iron Chef" restaurants are.

I've been to Bobby Flay's and Morhimoto's restaurants and the food is substantially better but the service is incredibly higher that hers.

The Crafty Veteran

The service was terrible at Kouzzina the time we went there. The waiter, when he actually showed up, was a complete nitwit and acted like he was doing us a favor. The food was good though, but this is no shock.

PhilharMagician

It has been 5 years so I would have to assume that a 5 year contract/lease was signed since it opened in September 2009 and closing September 2014. I have to assume that the profit was not what Cat Cora was expecting and simply did not sign a new lease. I would imagine the Disney demands a pretty high dollar to lease restaurant space on WDW property which goes against the restaurants bottom line.

lunchbox1175

I am totally ok with this, thought it was over priced and not that great to begin with. It will be interesting to see what they put there as I would love to see Morton's, but with the Yachtsman and Shula's on the lake as well, I don't see that happening. Hopefully something that fits with the theming. Or they will probably just put in some kind of buffet with a character meal.

Polydweller

This was one of my very favorites! To read the menu it didn't sound like much, but once you tried the food it was absolutely PHENOMENAL! Sorry to see it will be closing. :cry:
That really shows a large part of the problem. Restaurants basically advertise in two ways. One is how the menu reads and the menu needs to appeal to a large enough audience. Lots of people on various boards are saying that the menu didn't appeal to them. The second way is word of mouth. There was some initially but the celeb chefs name only lasts so long. Over the last few years this has been one of the least common restaurants for people to comment on throughout the internet. In a highly competitive market like WDW that's a big problem.

Restaurants are low margin businesses. Fail at those two things and it's not hard to go out of business.

When we ate there, we were disappointed both with the service and the food. The other signature restaurants around, such as Wolfgang Puck's we far superior.

I hated that because we are a fan of hers on Food Network, but I look forward to something new here

worldfanatic

It was really nothing special.
And being next door to the amazing Flying Fish made it seem especially average.
We gave it a try and never considered going back.

Looking forward to something (anything) new in that prime Boardwalk location.

C D Hazel

Please let Big River Grilleworks be next.....that place is awful! Actually, I would like to see changes to most of the Boardwalk food options. The bakery is nice, but it would be nice to have a sit down place as well for breakfast.

I have to agree with you about Big River. I ate there once--and could hardly stomach the food that one time. I swore it off after that experience. VERY mediocre fare (though the drinks aren't bad).

jlsHouston

Please let Big River Grilleworks be next.....that place is awful! Actually, I would like to see changes to most of the Boardwalk food options. The bakery is nice, but it would be nice to have a sit down place as well for breakfast.

Totally agree. Big River was one of my worse lunches. I think I got the burger...And I also agree the food choices at the BW are limited for the size of the resort. I hated that practically everything qs is outside dining. My pet peeve about staying at the BW. Of course that is keeping with the theme I guess.

I ate at Kouzzina for breakfast once and it was okay but the eggs were cold. I hate being served cold food. While I love good greek food never made the time to dine there for dinner but I will be sure to do so this summer before it is gone for good.

HouCuseChickie

Dined at Kouzzina for dinner back in September. We were not overly impressed...still it was nice having a place with food beyond the generic. I was really more bothered that they removed a number of the good looking items from their breakfast menu. After those changes, I saw no point in trying breakfast unless I was at Boardwalk. And of course that's where I'm looking to stay in November. Oh well, hope it's replaced with something exciting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom