Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

scarr13311

The menu for Kouzzina never really resonated with us, so we never tried it. But, we were big fans of Spoodles. I'm a bit sad now that we didn't give it a try.
I have to wonder though, if maybe they're working with her on moving it or maybe a new concept for Disney Springs.

Curious now as to what will replace it.

I agree were big fans of Spoodles was sorry to see it go. We enjoy Greek food, and we ate at Kouzzina's when it opened we were not impressed, and the serves was poor so we never returned. Probably closing low attendence and so so food and just hyped up because of Cat Cora. So I can see why it is closing won't miss it. Can't wait to hear what new place will be there and I hope it is good.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Please let Big River Grilleworks be next.....that place is awful! Actually, I would like to see changes to most of the Boardwalk food options. The bakery is nice, but it would be nice to have a sit down place as well for breakfast.

Would have much rather seen Big River go over Kat. Big River is the only place on WDW property that I have was so unhappy with the service I got a manager after a few bites and told them how terrible it was. Never returned. It really seems to be the general consensus.

lunchbox1175

That is the problem with celeb driven business ventures. Their popularity come and go. Once they are no longer the "Next big thing" they become less viable. I have never been there so maybe talking out of term. If the food is really that good than maybe the celeb baking wont matter.

I tend to think of Planet Hollywood. The food to me was bleh but it had charm since Arnold, Stalone, Willis, and Moore owned it. Granted it was a really fun place to eat but lost it Fizz after a while.

I always thought Disney would be better off with eateries that were well themed, good food, and did not depend on a Celeb endorsement to drive it. This way when that person is no longer exciting, the business model still works.
I totally agree here, I think that they need to stay away from the Celebrity endorsed restaurants and stick with the theming of the resorts. I don't necessarily think they need to put in a higher end restaurant, maybe break up the restaurant and put in something more Boardwalk like.....another Casey's would be great over there and would probably still leave room to put in another QS type restaurant as well. There are plenty of signature restaurants around the lake and in the world showcase as well, so convenience isn't really a huge issue.

MaryMcMagic

I can't say that I have been there but its not for her menu, the Boardwalk is difficult to get to if you're not driving. Its a shame because that is a great place for a stroll at night.

I've never thought of it as a hard to get to location. No matter which resort I've stayed, I've just taken a bus to DHS and jumped on the Friendship Boat to the Boardwalk. I also find it a nice add on to a "half day" and AK.

Dads 2 Boys

I'd love to see some cross branding with the chefs from The Chew. Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall...Anyone?

Batali's restaurants are not as good. Symon's on the other hand.......while he's an amazing chef he's not as concerned about branching out like say Bobby Flay.

I'd love to see one of Flay's restaurants...whether one of his signatures or one of the burger palace locations.

rkelly42

Batali's restaurants are not as good. Symon's on the other hand.......while he's an amazing chef he's not as concerned about branching out like say Bobby Flay.

I'd love to see one of Flay's restaurants...whether one of his signatures or one of the burger palace locations.
Beat me to it by 4 mins. One of bobby flay's restaurants would do well I believe.

MickeyPeace

I have eaten breakfast at Kouzzina twice and both times it was excellent. Service was a little on the slow side. Loved the tasteful decor. I'll miss it as a good option for breakfast while staying at an Epcot resort.

If you want to see lines down the boardwalk and the average Disney guest completely satisfied with the menu, stick a Shake Shack in there.

note2001

Making a point of trying Kouzzina this summer before it closes. The one time we considered it before it was quite late and the place was too quiet for my liking.

I've never been to the real Boardwalk area, so pardon my lack of knowledge...
Aren't there some iconic restaurants that could be brought down to Disney and fare well while keeping the theme?

Last edited:

Obi

I was in line for lunch at Be Our Guest the other day and a guest actually got angry at the CM outside monitoring the queue line because there wasn't any kids chicken nuggets on the menu. I overheard her proceed to say that the menu was unacceptable for children if there wasn't any chicken nuggets on it. My jaw just dropped! I was like holy crap lady, I can't wait to see how fat your kids get in the next 5-10 years if she thinks only feeding children chicken nuggets is good for their health.

was that katiebug101 that got angry about not having any chicken nuggets on the bog menu?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom