Key's to the kingdom- Video

teebin

wow, this blow by blow from the CM's perspective is very cool. I love hearing the details like this. The cue, the curtained windows, the camaraderie. What more did the family receive today, after the initial? Fast passes, dinner at the royal table, a VIP host, special seat for the fireworks? Anyone know?

Anim8edcox

Here's a link to Channel 9's site with a little info and a short video.
http://www.wftv.com/news/9999686/detail.html#

A link to Orlando Sentinel's photos...
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...,3127677.photogallery?coll=orl-dp-classifieds

It's a shame that the CM's between Town Square to Center Street rushed so close into the carpet and stood directly on the edge so that hardly any of the characters could be seen. (Which is why the director must have constantly asked them not to do to keep such an outcome from happening.) But what a magical moment nonetheless. I can't wait to see the actual moment photo that they must have taken before the street filled up with waving Mickey hands. If anyone finds it online please be sure to share it with the rest of us. All around though it was an incredible moment that the Spangler family will remmeber all their lives. Congratulations to everyone. :sohappy:

PaisleyMF

wow, this blow by blow from the CM's perspective is very cool. I love hearing the details like this. The cue, the curtained windows, the camaraderie. What more did the family receive today, after the initial? Fast passes, dinner at the royal table, a VIP host, special seat for the fireworks? Anyone know?

The Keys to the Kingdom, 2 hours for themself in the Magic Kingdom, with a start over Tommorowland, then to Fantasyland (this areas open at 9 am) then Liberty Square, Fronterland and Adventureland (don't remember the exact order) selectect attractions like Space Mountain, Dumbo, (a once in a lifetime) Carousel with Caracters (that was awsome), and so on.

Lunch at the Castle. Grand Marshalls for the Disney Dreams parade.

To almost end a Unhappy Birthday Party, and to end Wishes! desert party at the Train Station.

If there is more please include because i still haven't gone to bed. running on adrenaline now.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:​

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm pulling the video down

Folks,

I hate to do this but the link to the video is being kidnapped all over the net and the bandwidth utilization on my web site has skyrocketed. 80% of my monthly allocation has been used in the last 4 hours. Unfortunately most of it is not coming from WDWMAGIC viewers.

I have a pretty good idea of what the traffic is like from WDWMagic from other things I've posted but other sites and people have abused things. It's being posted on multiple different bulletin board sites including instructions on how to bypass the referral block. Someone has even posted it on their MySpace site.

If someone has another place to post it, I'll be happy to get the file to you to post but I'm not willing to pay the incremental bandwidth cost for this at this time.

My apologies to those who didn't get a chance to see it by now,

Don

head mouse

Save it to photobucket. or yahoo video. it's FREE. or upload it to youtube. Also free In fact I'll be glad to host it for you on MY photobucket, youtube, or yahoo accnt.

Anim8edcox

Thanks so much for the new link to the video Don!

As for the family reactions, it's interesting to note in one of the photos found online that the mother and daughter are holding out their arms to the right of the picture (Their left) and the son and father are holding out their arms to the left of the picture (Their right). Minnie came out on the daughter's side and Mickey on the son's side. A psychologically gender based moment? Maybe...but a very sweet one to realise and absolutely marvelous to see.

Slipknot

Thanks so much for the new link to the video Don!

As for the family reactions, it's interesting to note in one of the photos found online that the mother and daughter are holding out their arms to the right of the picture (Their left) and the son and father are holding out their arms to the left of the picture (Their right). Minnie came out on the daughter's side and Mickey on the son's side. A psychologically gender based moment? Maybe...but a very sweet one to realise and absolutely marvelous to see.

Then again, we were doing rehearsals for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours or so. Chances are they had the family stand in such a way that Mickey ran to the son and Minnie to the daughter. Just a thought.

Baums101

I'm probaly the only one that thinks this but a few months ago I was standing right there basically on my way to Tomorrowland. Yes it was Tom. land. That was the koolest thing EVER!

CrashNet

I saw the video finally. That is so cool. What a magical moment that was! :D The looks on their faces was priceless. I hope they do more stuff like this.

diddy_mouse

Awww....that was pretty cool. Thanx for sharing the video link. I know if that was me, I would be in such shock, and having a reporter ask me questions would not be easy to deal with. :hammer: :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'm working from home today and had a chance to record the segment on GMA with the first winners in the Year of a Million Dreams. The Spangler's had the Magic Kingdom to themselves this morning. The download is a little large (17MB) and requires that you have QuickTime loaded to view. Near the end it includes some computer renderings of the upcoming Cinderella Castle Suite. They also make reference to a contest GMA is running to be the first guests to stay in the suite.

Now available on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcsoTvgLMo

Heh... Mike Barrs used to do sports on WGN... nice to see him movin up in the world.

Oh.. and Mr. Spangler's goatee annoys me for some reason...lol :lol: :lookaroun

OMG I'M SO TIRED!!! But it was so worth it!! The cue was when the "BE OUR GUEST" music started to play and then we ran out all crazy like bouncing and screaming and clapping for the family.

But they had no donuts for us, which made us sad....very sad indeed. The bakery was preparing for morning hours so they were teasing us with the smell!! *curses*

Like several other CMs mentioned, we were inside the stores waiting along with characters and we had two rehearsals. We were NOT TO GET ON THE "FORRRRRRRRRRRRRBIDDEN RED CARPET" XD!! I was in the mainstreet watch store =D And I had to open the door to get out of there and when it was three minutes till, I swear I could hear all of our hearts beating, just waiting for the rush,.,,,, IT WAS SUCH A RUSH when we heard the cue.....

While our store was covered with curtains, I had just enough curtain to peak outside....when I saw the family walk down the red carpet, holding hands and taking small curious steps, I started bawling. When the cue came up, My heart just stopped and we ran!!!

It was truly a heart warming feeling to do this for family and to see it from my point of view was just....wow....amazing. It was worth not getting sleep! THE FORBIDDEN RED CARPET OF DOOM!! Enjoy!!

mkevent1.jpg

The parents seemed estatic, the kids were a bit quiet in the interview but I kinda hope thats down to nerves and all (I'ld prolly be more likely to chatter and be all OMG MICKEY AND MINNIE).

Still they seems dot make the most of it. Maybe they justrealy wanted to get on with their park private time XDDD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom