Kenai and Koda

drew81

Original Poster
This might've been posted already-

Kenai and Koda have been retired. They are gone and will not be coming back.

heartodisney

picture.php

This was taken at Epcot in 06..they were our last character pic that trip..how ironic..:cry:

MissM

:(

I have a nice pic of them back in Canada pavilion a few years back. Shame though, it was a nice meet-and-greet. I imagine not many people knew who they were.

drew81

Original Poster
Most of the characters from that time frame were gone within a year or two ie Treasure Planet, Atlantis. The one exception would be Lilo and Stitch.

_Scar

Good, something a bit creepy about those characters. :eek:

And a talking dog next to a regular dog isn't creepy? :lol:

They're just bears...

Just to fill everyone in. The one with the necklace is the little bear's guardian.

imagineer boy

I'm surprised they lasted that long. Brother Bear was not very much of a success at all and like everyone else here has said, I doubt anyone knows who they are.

Most of the characters from that time frame were gone within a year or two ie Treasure Planet, Atlantis. The one exception would be Lilo and Stitch.

That would be a BIG exception. :lol:

luvlifeinfl

oh man, when we purchased our dog a Yorkie Poo we named him Koda and it was from the movie, we just wanted one of our pets to have a name from a character from a Disney Movie.

EpcotServo

They were still in Canada?

Oh well, Brother Bear is the only meh film that came out of the Florida Studio, but I don't blame them. I don't blame them.

drew81

Original Poster
They were still in Canada?

Oh well, Brother Bear is the only meh film that came out of the Florida Studio, but I don't blame them. I don't blame them.

They hadn't been in Canada for sometime. They were only at AK at Camp Minnie-Mickey recently.

disnyfan89

That's ashame. Brother Bear imo is one of the most underated Disney movies to come out in the past few years. I'm always shocked when people dismiss it as it has several great messages and was beautifully animated. Not to mention the music by Phil Collins. Drew, do you know if this change is also happening on the California side? I know they discontinued the Brother Bear show at DCA around spring but the characters can still be seen every now and then.

_Scar

Didn't Home on the Range come out of the Florida Studio?

Phil Collins :hurl:

They should of learnt something from the Disney Decade movies: characters sing, not narrators*

* with the exception of The Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight

dxwwf3

IMO, Lilo and Stitch was definitely the worst of those movies as well. Disney did a horrible job of marketing Brother Bear and Treasure Planet and those movies deserved much better.

disnyfan89

Didn't Home on the Range come out of the Florida Studio?

Phil Collins :hurl:

They should of learnt something from the Disney Decade movies: characters sing, not narrators*

* with the exception of The Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Koda sang in Brother Bear. In fact many of the songs in Brother Bear where all from the perspective of the character. No Way Out was from the perspective of Kenia, Welcome to our Family was the perspective of the bears at the fishing hole, and On my way was from the perspective of Koda which he sang the beginning of. Great Spirits was also somewhat from the perspective of the villiage people and the old woman (Tabitha I think her name was.) Transformation was the spirits singing to Kenia telling him about the journey he is about to take.

Just cause the characters themselves aren't singing doesn't mean the song isn't as important. As you your self pointed out, Can you feel the love was not sung by the Characters but from the perspective of the characters. And yet it, along with the circle of life are perhaps the two most loved and used songs from the lion king.

TTA-ATW

This makes me Beary sad.

Brother Bear is my favorite Disney animated feature. I am going to miss seeing them at the Canada Pavilion. Good-Bye my bear friends, you will be missed(at least by me):cry:

_Scar

I mainly didn't like Phil Collins invading Tarzan. Not saying that movie would of ended up better without Phil, but Phil did not make that any better. ;/

I saw Brother Bear wayyyy backkk. Didn't he sing a few songs? I don't remember any catchy songs from that movie to remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom