Kenai and Koda

_Scar

what you dont like phil collins hes great especially when he sings with bone thugs n harmony

:lookaroun:veryconfu No comment. :zipit:

Phil Collins should have stopped with Tarzan.

Personally, I like when the characters sing in the movie rather than a person singing over and over again that is not even in the movie.

disnyfan89

:lookaroun:veryconfu No comment. :zipit:

Phil Collins should have stopped with Tarzan.

Personally, I like when the characters sing in the movie rather than a person singing over and over again that is not even in the movie.
In Brother Bear Phil sang about two songs and a small fragment of the Welcome song. the other songs where sung by other individuals (like Tina turner).

Not every movie would work in musical form. Some movies it would be akward or out of place for the characters to sing. Also, not every individual would want to see a movie where the character themself sings. It was simply a different style that matched the trends of modern movie making.

drew81

Original Poster
That's ashame. Brother Bear imo is one of the most underated Disney movies to come out in the past few years. I'm always shocked when people dismiss it as it has several great messages and was beautifully animated. Not to mention the music by Phil Collins. Drew, do you know if this change is also happening on the California side? I know they discontinued the Brother Bear show at DCA around spring but the characters can still be seen every now and then.

I have no info about them at Disneyland.

Animaniac93-98

IMO, Lilo and Stitch was definitely the worst of those movies as well. Disney did a horrible job of marketing Brother Bear and Treasure Planet and those movies deserved much better.

Brother Bear did quite well overseas, better than any other post Tarzan Disney animated feature in fact but it's campaign in NA wasn't all that good. Before anyone says "that's only overseas", isn't WDW an international tourist destination with many non US citizens going who might know who these two bruins are? :p

TP's campaign and release date were beyond terrible. So much so that I'm fully inclined to believe it was done that way intentionally.

EpcotServo

Treasure Planet, talk about great idea, terrible execution.

If we're talking about which one of the "Misses" are actually awesome, there is only one: Atlantis. THAT'S a good movie.

FigmentJedi

I'm annoyed they keep tossing aside characters from the more recent movies so fast. Especially with Robinsons, Bolt and Ratatouille. And unfortunate yet likely, Up's going to join that club.
Shame Kenai and Koda aren't around and a shame they don't use the Atlantis ones.

_Scar

I'm annoyed they keep tossing aside characters from the more recent movies so fast. Especially with Robinsons, Bolt and Ratatouille. And unfortunate yet likely, Up's going to join that club.
Shame Kenai and Koda aren't around and a shame they don't use the Atlantis ones.

Up and Ratatouille were both wildly successful. And so was Bolt if I'm not mistaken.

I see a HUGE demand to meet Dug! :D

dxwwf3

Bolt did OK, but is mostly forgotten by now, which is about what I thought of the movie: An ok 90 minutes, but extremely forgettable.

EPCOT Explorer

Treasure Planet, talk about great idea, terrible execution.

If we're talking about which one of the "Misses" are actually awesome, there is only one: Atlantis. THAT'S a good movie.
Agreed on TP, but honestly, Atlantis too....I walked away from that feeling so let down. Awesome idea, though.

_Scar

And yet you don't see the Bolt or Ratatouille characters around anymore.

Ratatouille is very prominent in Chefs de France. And he also may be getting his very own E-ticket in France.

I STILL don't see why Gusteau's restaurant hasn't popped up on Pixar Place yet!! It's perfect!

imagineer boy

Ratatouille is very prominent in Chefs de France. And he also may be getting his very own E-ticket in France.

I STILL don't see why Gusteau's restaurant hasn't popped up on Pixar Place yet!! It's perfect!

I'd rather not see a France E-ticket, but I do love the Gusteau's resteraunt idea. That would be perfect for Pixar Place.

_Scar

I'd rather not see a France E-ticket, but I do love the Gusteau's resteraunt idea. That would be perfect for Pixar Place.

Not in Epcot France, but Paris, France.... Disneyland Paris Resort in Walt Disney Studios! :p That park REALLY needs attractions too, so I hope they get that!

If I were an Imagineer, I'd push for that restaurant. Have Gusteau Animated, like Crush/Mike W, talking to passer byers like he does to Remy.... ahhhh sheer perfection and a concept that is so easy. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

imagineer boy

Not in Epcot France, but Paris, France.... Disneyland Paris Resort in Walt Disney Studios! :p That park REALLY needs attractions too, so I hope they get that!

If I were an Imagineer, I'd push for that restaurant. Have Gusteau Animated, like Crush/Mike W, talking to passer byers like he does to Remy.... ahhhh sheer perfection and a concept that is so easy. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Ah okay. I'm not sure if a ride based off of the movie would work too well though. I think a resteraunt would be way cooler, plus its what the movie was all about right? Food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom