Kenai and Koda

drew81

Original Poster
For any Brother Bear fans....

You might see Koda and Kenai out randomly at AK, but just for the summer.

NewfieFan

For any Brother Bear fans....

You might see Koda and Kenai out randomly at AK, but just for the summer.

I'm guessing summer doesn't mean Sept., does it!?!

:(

Hey drew, a little OT but have you heard anything about Phineas and Ferb and/or Club Penguin coming to the Studios?

munkgirl

One of the reasons why recent characters have been going away so quickly is safety. Bolt, Up, and Ratatouille all had very complicated personalities, and sometimes they hurt their friends. Remy in particular, I've heard, scared many of his friends away. Russell from Up was another character who didn't get along well with many people. Koda and Kenai were not as disagreeable, from what I've heard, but they had similar problems.

Also, the only human characters I've seen from the past few years that wasn't entirely creepy was Carl Fredrickson and the guy from Atlantis. Meet the Robinsons, Darby, even Leelo all give me the hibbly-jibblies.

BrerFrog

Didn't Home on the Range come out of the Florida Studio?

Phil Collins :hurl:

They should of learnt something from the Disney Decade movies: characters sing, not narrators*

* with the exception of The Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight

I liked Phil in Tarzan, and I think the singing narrator was a good fit for that movie. But I agree that most Disney animations should have the characters singing the songs.

Maybe I am just a spoiled children on the Renaissance era.

IMO, Lilo and Stitch was definitely the worst of those movies as well. Disney did a horrible job of marketing Brother Bear and Treasure Planet and those movies deserved much better.

Stitch has become annoying due to Disney milking the character, but they do so because the Animation Studios has been unable to create such a remarkable character during the past decade. Still, I like his movie. :D

sittle

I'd love to meet Carl, Russel and Dug.... My son loves that movie!!

Munkgirl.. you've noted that these character hurt their friends... is it mainly due to the construction of the characters outfit? Or have they been having accidents in character (ie: falling down, bumping into things etc)....

Imo, any child meeting a character is a bit frightening and surreal. Whether it's Mickey, Goofy, Russell or Donald.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
You think these guys were out of place at WDW? I was amazed at DLParis when I saw Big Al! He was sooooo happy when he figured out we knew who he actually was. We kept calling him "Le Grande Al". He got a kick out of it. Now THAT'S bad character placement. Not even from a movie but a show that only exists in the US. Maybe that's where all the old characters go to retire in peace?

SinginSarah

Kenai and Koda are still at DAK, but not on a normal schedule. They're called "swing" characters, which means if one of the scheduled performers calls in sick and there is someone who can do Kenai or Koda, they will be called in to take their place.

I've never heard of Kenai or Koda hurting their friends, in fact I know a couple of performers who absolutely love them. However, as a costuming CM, I hate them. They're a pain in the butt for us.

_Scar

Kenai and Koda are still at DAK, but not on a normal schedule. They're called "swing" characters, which means if one of the scheduled performers calls in sick and there is someone who can do Kenai or Koda, they will be called in to take their place.

I've never heard of Kenai or Koda hurting their friends, in fact I know a couple of performers who absolutely love them. However, as a costuming CM, I hate them. They're a pain in the butt for us.

I'm curious, which costume is the most annoying? :lol::lookaroun

And can anyone confirm that Dug will be at DAK in the beginnin of August? :shrug:

munkgirl

I'd love to meet Carl, Russel and Dug.... My son loves that movie!!

Munkgirl.. you've noted that these character hurt their friends... is it mainly due to the construction of the characters outfit? Or have they been having accidents in character (ie: falling down, bumping into things etc)....

Construction.

I wasn't speaking from experience, so you would know better than I would. They just looked like heavy, sweaty bears to me :zipit:

And can anyone confirm that Dug will be at DAK in the beginnin of August? :shrug:

All signs are pointing to "No, he won't" for any of the Up characters returning from Paradise Falls any time soon.

Kristamouse

Awww my kids love Brother Bear! One of my favorite WDW memories is in Canada when my little girl, then 3 ran to Koda and Keni to hug and talk to them. She commented on Keni's totem of love and asked if they still played with the other bears. The CM with the bears giggled and said it was very nice to see a Brother Bear fan. No other kids were around and the attention from them was wonderful. That movie is great and one both of my older kids agree on...the animal movies tend to make boys and girls happy...My kids are only 6, 5, 21months and 9 weeks so we missed seeing the Brother Bear in theaters, was it a flop?

Tinkrbell

I'm curious, which costume is the most annoying? :lol::lookaroun

I'm also a costuming CM, at Epcot & DHS. I think the most annoying character is probably Sulley. Not only is he massive & kinda hard to get into to put together, but he also needs to be brushed alot before he is "show ready." His fur gets tangled easily & it gets really bad after being washed.

I've heard that the Up characters won't be at DAK due to costume problems. I'm not sure what kind of problems exactly as I've been in Wisconsin since January & won't be back there till August.

Animaniac93-98

My kids are only 6, 5, 21months and 9 weeks so we missed seeing the Brother Bear in theaters, was it a flop?

The $85 million domestic gross was probably considered disappointing, but its worldwide total was $250 million, $24 million less than Lilo and Stitch. If the production budget was the same as that movie, than I would not call it a flop. I remember seeing it opening day.

DVD sales have apparently been very strong, but I can't find any numbers doing a simple search on the-numbers.com.

Cynderella

Such a shame! I love this movie! Ever since I saw it I say Eh alll the time. We even named our lab Koda, even though she's a girl :lol: (her original name was Dakota which everyone was naming their dog dakota so it had to go). Now I have the I'm on my way song stuck in my head!! :D

erasure fan1

On our last trip while my daughter was meeting them in the AK, some lady who spoke no English and riding a motorized cart, drove right up in front of everyone. She got off the cart and handed her camera to the cast member. She then proceeded to point at the camera and the characters as to get the CM to take her picture.:hammer: Of course this has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was funny. As for getting rid of the brother bear characters, it doesnt really bother me. I thought the movie was average at best so I wont really miss them. Im a bit surprised that they are getting as much love as they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom