Just Engaged: An August 2010 Trip Report!

As the title suggests, this was an especially exciting trip for us and I can’t wait to share all of the fun details. Seeing as how I am lucky enough to write one of these every few months or so, I’m going to forego the normal introductions. Instead, why don’t I share five non-Disney things you might not already know about the two of us? Let’s see... non-Disney stuff?! This might be hard!

1 – We love live music! Seriously, aside from Disney, this is what we spend money on. Some of our favorite artists we’ve seen live include David Gray, Ben Folds, Brandi Carlile, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, KT Tunstall, She & Him, Jack Johnson, A Fine Frenzy, Counting Crows, Nickel Creek, and Jimmy Buffett to name a few.

2 – We name inanimate objects and refer to them as such... this is especially true for electronics, and oddly enough they really do take on personalities. No,seriously! For example, our laptops are Petunia (mine) and Frances (his); our Garmin’s are Neville and Navi; and my camera is more affectionately known as Ginger. Weird? Maybe just a little bit. :ROFLOL:

3 – As much as I hate to admit it, we are complete and utter TV junkies. We LOVE our TV. And if I had to pick the one show we are jointly most excited to see this fall season it would have to be Dexter. Bring on the creepy.

4 – We are totally one of those couples who met at a bar. It just so happened that we both worked there while in college. Ahhh... everyone loves a good cliché, right?! :lookaroun

5 – We have a standing tradition of buying one another a book to celebrate each holiday. And when I say holiday, I mean every holiday you can think of from St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas. Usually the only time we stray outside the lines is on birthdays. We’ve built quite an impressive collection so far ranging from popular fiction to non-fiction, children’s books to biographies and we throw in some Disney “coffee table” books and “Art of’s” for good measure every now and then. Amazon is our friend! As are the myriad of used book stores we come across in the different places we visit. We already have enough to fill our own library when we buy a house!

Of course, no introduction is complete without the requisite photo, but for the heck of it, let’s go “old school.” Here we are with the elusive Rescue Rangers in 2004:

Nov04040.jpg

We started planning this trip sometime after the Princess Half Marathon and eventually booked when the AP rates came out earlier in the summer. To be more precise, while I was in the midst of a quick weekend trip with my mom, Brett called and made the resort reservations, solidifying our stay at Caribbean Beach from August 13-August 17. And then, as per usual, we decided we would drive down after work on Thursday, so we booked a hotel through priceline for the night of the 12th.

Just the other day I realized that we haven’t repeated a resort since I began writing trip reports... so here’s a look back:
The Contemporary – September 2008
Old Key West – December 2008
Port Orleans Riverside – January 2009
Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge – July 2009
The Beach Club – December 2009
Pop Century – March 2010
Coronado Springs – June 2010

We were both incredibly excited for this trip because we felt like it was our first truly “us” trip in a long while that spanned a decent amount of time and didn’t include some kind of endurance event to focus on. :eek: Okay, so I’m not gonna lie... I went into this trip “hoping” there’d be a little something special, but not really expecting it. There was one small detail that tipped me off ahead of time. I ALWAYS maintain the reservations and type up a minimal list of our dining plans/confirmation #s and before I could do it for this trip, Brett told me he typed it up at work one day when he had some free time. Hmmmm... interesting. I started wondering if he’d made some changes to the dining. And then I started thinking, why would he have any reason to mess with our dining?! I tried to dismiss this thought though, mostly because I didn’t want to be disappointed if it turned out he wasn’t planning on proposing. Thankfully, he did! So let’s get to it…

jmcdougall

Holly, I think we had a similar introduction to disney. If I remember correctly Brett took you to disney for your first time as an adult. I married Mike at 25 and had never been to disney. Mike could not believe it and a few years later took me (pre 3 children). I fell in love and in retrospect he may actually regret that trip as it is my favorite place to visit. We go often to disney but balance it with a yearly trip to the mountains which we all love (him in particular) and hike as much as we can. 2 of our 3 children love to fly fish with their dad. We are thinking of going next October and I may just write a trip report as I certainly love to read them. Looking forward to more from you and Brett! I'm still in awe of the marathon yall ran. Janine

maggiegrace1

So great Holly..I feel like I am there...:D...and Polynesian is our fave place..we have "our" hammock there..:D

LOVE Blue Moon also..YUM!

The worst part about a Disney tripis leaving..:(

WishIWasAtWDW

still loving the trip report! i'm getting kind of sad that its almost over! :cry: :lol: it looks like you all had the BEST TRIP EVER and i don't want to stop reading! i'll be back at the world in december and even though i was just there last month, i am antsy to get back. these reports help the time pass by just a tad bit faster. thanks again for sharing!

popsicletrees

I'm so glad that you were able to get Petunia up and running. First off, absolutely loving this trip report. I am very much living vicariously through you right now. And the food - MON DIEU! There are so many places that you've convinced me to try.

Your wedding ceremony will be absolutely beautiful outside of the Poly. What a picture perfect setting. You are going to make such a beautiful bride!

One last thing - kudos to the CM who captured the shot of Goofy putting yours and Brett's hands together. That is a really great capture-the-moment shot.

Congratulations to you two again!

sweetpee_1993

Mornings are, by far, my favorite time at Disney. It's peaceful and I always feel refreshed in the morning, excited to see what the day brings.

As for Via Napoli, I really do believe that our pizza choice had a lot to do with it. It was just something about the flavor combinations that didn't work for us. Plus the calamari, which is supposed to be crisp, was quite soggy... not a good thing. I'm tempted just to try the all cheese one next time. It's definitely not Papa John's, but in my opinion that is a good thing, although the boys might not agree. :lol:

Early mornings in the parks are my favorite times to be there, too. It's just the act of actually waking up and getting out of the bed that is so difficult for me. I don't know why. I think I enjoy sleeping entirely too much. No joke. I will say, tho, that getting out of bed at WDW is muuuuch easier than any other day. In fact, I'm trying to start training my body now by setting my alarm to get up earlier than I have to so I'm acclimated before we get there next month. We'll see if I can actually have success with this.

The pizza at Via Napoli. Yes. I would have to order the cheese pizza. I've seen pics of it and it's laden with sauce and the cheese looks like it's blobs w/space between vs. a full spread-out layer. These things also concern me a little. Chandler can't have a lot of tomato sauces because of his migraines. We always have to go with light sauce on pizzas. The cheese...hhmmmm...think I'll order extra cheese so it's closer to being as solid a layer as possible. There's no such thing as too much! I love flatbreads, tho, so I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. If the kids end up hating it then I guess it'll be more for me. :slurp:

The speed of the Friendship boats slightly annoys me because they're so slow. Couple that with stops at the resorts between the parks and I'm usually ready to pop with impatience by the time we get to the other park. However, when waiting out the rain the slow boat would be perfect.

I totally *heart* the Muppets. They're just so awesome! I love Sam the Eagle. Love me some Kermy! Love love love! Fraggle's, too. Wish we saw the Fraggles at DHS. I'd love to see Red! She was my faaaaave! I've not seen the updates at Muppet Vision so I'm super excited to see that on our next trip. I know the movie was pretty grainy last time I saw it.

The discounts for AP peeps at the shops has been on for some time now. My problem is I always forget at the registers. I'd have to go look up the list but I'm pretty sure it's for any/all shops that are Disney owned & operated. I suppose I should just get in the habit of asking at every register I approach if there's any AP or Disney Visa discounts. I don't keep an eye out for the announcements so there could be more out there that I don't know about either.

Oooooh...no TSMM! I've wondered how horrible the guests who don't know about it are when they show up & see that it's closed. A ride that insanely popular has to be a huge let-down for some to have to miss. I'd be sad but I don't think I'd pitch any huge fits. Not like if I had to look at cranes looming over the castle again anyway. LOL!

Block Party Bash! I want to see this parade! Heck, I want to actually see all the daytime parades for a change. LOL!

Wouldn't it be awesome to meet Boo? One of my friends has this total love for Boo. I think I'd actually have a prayer of getting her to go to WDW with me for my kids-break trip next year if she could meet Boo. LOL!

Okay! And YES! I totally totally toooooootally cannot believe your luck with the VIP seating for BatB show AND getting to meet the characters after. I must figure out how to score these things! How many people can say Gaston made a pass at 'em??? Too freakin' cool! I've never met Beast in either form either. I would love to. Aside from during MVMCP, do you know of any other places he appears with Belle??? That's one character I would go on the hunt for!

That little waterfall at Poly will forever be in my brain as Holly & Brett's spot. Y'all are so so sweet!

Can't wait for the rest. I'm also feeling a little sad that the end is so near but then you've got more trips soon enough PLUS I'm hoping finishing this report will get you moving towards that wedding planning thread. I've been watching for it..... :p

tiaragirl

Kenzie, when is your next trip?! We'll start the planning now. :D You, my friend, have style so it's nice to hear you think I dress classily.

Guuuuuuuuuurl, I wish I knew. Hopefully before May of 2010 with the girls, and hopefully on my parent's dime!

And hey hey, your last TR pretty much inspired me to always be classy. If you can wear a skirt at MK, I can TOTALLY wear a skirt.

Nicole... I'll take all the volunteers I can get. We'll put you and Kenzie in the second sea raycer. You two can catch the whole ceremony from a different angle than Kelly and Kerby626.

Can I just take a moment to LOVE THIS PLAN? So there. Love you Nicole, we can talk about our weddings + dresses, and Prince Charmings.

Which reminds me, Holly.. if you're looking for ideas check out 'weddinggawker.com'. Pictures galore!

Nicole220

Can I just take a moment to LOVE THIS PLAN? So there. Love you Nicole, we can talk about our weddings + dresses, and Prince Charmings.

Which reminds me, Holly.. if you're looking for ideas check out 'weddinggawker.com'. Pictures galore!
Done. This is for sure happening.

<3 Kenzie, we'll also be bawling our eyes out as we watch the beautiful ceremony. I know I will be.

Holly, just a warning, that site is addicting. :)

tiaragirl

<3 Kenzie, we'll also be bawling our eyes out as we watch the beautiful ceremony. I know I will be.

Considering how much bawling happened while watching people's random engagement videos on youtube (how are we so cool?) I fee that crying as we essentially creep the ceremony will definitely happen.

And the site is very addicting.. that's why I had to share, there's no more TR to take up all your time! Hahhaa.

joanna71985

Thanks, Joanna! I actually looked around for you while we were at the Studios, too bad we didn't see you that day.

It makes sense due to all those narrow channels; I guess I'd just never thought about it before. Does it happen often?

Big Betty?! That is just PERFECT.

Rats! Oh well, I'm sure next time we'll get lucky :)

From what my trainer told me (she used to work at JC), it didn't happen all the time (but often enough).

Heh, thanks :eek:

The best part? At the very end of the show when Gaston came out to bow, as he was walking off stage, he pointed in my direction and made the “call me” sign with his hands just before one last flex of the bicep. I swear I’m not making this up. He must’ve noticed my obsession with photographing him throughout the entire show. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

That's AWESOME!! :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
You are...so lucky!! :lol:

Tell me about it! It's a good thing Brett finally decided to put a ring on my finger; otherwise, he may have lost me. :ROFLOL:

Does the TR have to end?

Yes. But this also means the pre-trip report for our wedding can begin! :sohappy:

Holly, I think we had a similar introduction to disney. If I remember correctly Brett took you to disney for your first time as an adult. I married Mike at 25 and had never been to disney. Mike could not believe it and a few years later took me (pre 3 children). I fell in love and in retrospect he may actually regret that trip as it is my favorite place to visit. We go often to disney but balance it with a yearly trip to the mountains which we all love (him in particular) and hike as much as we can. 2 of our 3 children love to fly fish with their dad. We are thinking of going next October and I may just write a trip report as I certainly love to read them. Looking forward to more from you and Brett! I'm still in awe of the marathon yall ran. Janine

We did have a very similar introduction to the World. I wonder if Brett and I would still be together if I hadn't have responded so favorably to his favorite place. :ROFLOL: Seriously. I love that you balance your Disney trips with family trips to the mountains. The mountains sound so relaxing and peaceful. As for writing up a trip report in the future, you should totally do it. While it can consume a huge chunk of your time, it's such a wonderful way to relive your trip. I still go back and read some of mine. Especially the one about the marathon; without the report, I'd wonder if I had dreamed the whole thing up!

So great Holly..I feel like I am there...and Polynesian is our fave place..we have "our" hammock there..:D

LOVE Blue Moon also..YUM!

The worst part about a Disney tripis leaving.

You've got that right... Ughhh I dread the leaving part before my trips even begin.

Brett and I may have to visit your hammock. :animwink:

still loving the trip report! i'm getting kind of sad that its almost over! it looks like you all had the BEST TRIP EVER and i don't want to stop reading! i'll be back at the world in december and even though i was just there last month, i am antsy to get back. these reports help the time pass by just a tad bit faster. thanks again for sharing!

Oooh... I'm totally hoping your December trip report includes your very own version of a Disney engagement, Ashley. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm so glad that you were able to get Petunia up and running. First off, absolutely loving this trip report. I am very much living vicariously through you right now. And the food - MON DIEU! There are so many places that you've convinced me to try.

Your wedding ceremony will be absolutely beautiful outside of the Poly. What a picture perfect setting. You are going to make such a beautiful bride!

One last thing - kudos to the CM who captured the shot of Goofy putting yours and Brett's hands together. That is a really great capture-the-moment shot.

Congratulations to you two again!

Thanks, Rachel... I'm so excited to get married at the Poly with just our families there. It just seems so perfect and romantic.

Which restaurants in particular are you thinking about trying now? I'm just curious, because dining is my most favorite thing EVER. Next to character stalking, of course. :lol: And I LOVE capture-the-moment shots!

LOL!!! The Gaston story is cracking me up!!!

Gaston cracks me up. I'm not so secretly hoping and praying that with the new Fantasyland expansion there will be a Gaston meet and greet. I believe I've said this before in a prior trip report, but I think he'd be PERFECT for meet and greets, and just as popular as the stepsisters.

Early mornings in the parks are my favorite times to be there, too. It's just the act of actually waking up and getting out of the bed that is so difficult for me. I don't know why. I think I enjoy sleeping entirely too much. No joke. I will say, tho, that getting out of bed at WDW is muuuuch easier than any other day. In fact, I'm trying to start training my body now by setting my alarm to get up earlier than I have to so I'm acclimated before we get there next month. We'll see if I can actually have success with this.

The pizza at Via Napoli. Yes. I would have to order the cheese pizza. I've seen pics of it and it's laden with sauce and the cheese looks like it's blobs w/space between vs. a full spread-out layer. These things also concern me a little. Chandler can't have a lot of tomato sauces because of his migraines. We always have to go with light sauce on pizzas. The cheese...hhmmmm...think I'll order extra cheese so it's closer to being as solid a layer as possible. There's no such thing as too much! I love flatbreads, tho, so I'm definitely gonna give it a shot. If the kids end up hating it then I guess it'll be more for me.

Yeah with the dining, you totally have to just try it out for yourself. There are some super popular places that we're not big fans of and vice versa. And I agree... you can never have enough cheese.

The speed of the Friendship boats slightly annoys me because they're so slow. Couple that with stops at the resorts between the parks and I'm usually ready to pop with impatience by the time we get to the other park. However, when waiting out the rain the slow boat would be perfect.

Agreed!

I totally *heart* the Muppets. They're just so awesome! I love Sam the Eagle. Love me some Kermy! Love love love! Fraggle's, too. Wish we saw the Fraggles at DHS. I'd love to see Red! She was my faaaaave! I've not seen the updates at Muppet Vision so I'm super excited to see that on our next trip. I know the movie was pretty grainy last time I saw it.

I was actually surprised by just how obvious the upgrade was. Once I saw the new video, it made me realize how much it needed it. Oh yeah... and I'm so excited to hear that your trip is just around the corner. Are you guys still road tripping it?

The discounts for AP peeps at the shops has been on for some time now. My problem is I always forget at the registers. I'd have to go look up the list but I'm pretty sure it's for any/all shops that are Disney owned & operated. I suppose I should just get in the habit of asking at every register I approach if there's any AP or Disney Visa discounts. I don't keep an eye out for the announcements so there could be more out there that I don't know about either.

Yeah back when we first got APs (circa 2004 :lol:), it was just World of Disney... I wonder how long we've been missing out. 10% isn't much... but if you get to use it on EVERYTHING that really adds up!

Oooooh...no TSMM! I've wondered how horrible the guests who don't know about it are when they show up & see that it's closed. A ride that insanely popular has to be a huge let-down for some to have to miss. I'd be sad but I don't think I'd pitch any huge fits. Not like if I had to look at cranes looming over the castle again anyway. LOL!

Block Party Bash! I want to see this parade! Heck, I want to actually see all the daytime parades for a change. LOL!

Wouldn't it be awesome to meet Boo? One of my friends has this total love for Boo. I think I'd actually have a prayer of getting her to go to WDW with me for my kids-break trip next year if she could meet Boo. LOL!

I'm with you... I always say I want to see the afternoon parades and we very rarely see them. We tend to forget about them ahead of time, and during the summers it is rare for us to be in the parks around parade time.

As for Boo and the rest of the Block Party Bash gang... I was super convinced we'd meet some of them on the DHS stretch of the marathon in 2009 because they had just rolled that parade out sometime in 2008. I was heartbroken to find that NONE of them were out. And really, I had no reason to think they'd be out; other than me just psyching myself up for it. What a let down!

Okay! And YES! I totally totally toooooootally cannot believe your luck with the VIP seating for BatB show AND getting to meet the characters after. I must figure out how to score these things! How many people can say Gaston made a pass at 'em??? Too freakin' cool! I've never met Beast in either form either. I would love to. Aside from during MVMCP, do you know of any other places he appears with Belle??? That's one character I would go on the hunt for!

We've lucked out A LOT with fun stuff at Disney; I'm always so thankful for it too. And the Beast is occasionally out with Belle in France. I think it's hit or miss, but I've actually seen him there quite a bit.

That little waterfall at Poly will forever be in my brain as Holly & Brett's spot. Y'all are so so sweet!

Can't wait for the rest. I'm also feeling a little sad that the end is so near but then you've got more trips soon enough PLUS I'm hoping finishing this report will get you moving towards that wedding planning thread. I've been watching for it.....

I love that it's now "our" little waterfall. And thank you, Kelly. You are right on track... I wanted to get this trip all wrapped up before starting a pre-wedding report thread. I've lurked about on the "other" boards, but I just feel so much more comfortable over here.

Guuuuuuuuuurl, I wish I knew. Hopefully before May of 2010 with the girls, and hopefully on my parent's dime!

And hey hey, your last TR pretty much inspired me to always be classy. If you can wear a skirt at MK, I can TOTALLY wear a skirt.

Not only can you totally wear a skirt, but you can so TOTALLY rock the look! I'm not gonna lie, I would love to see a family report from you. I just have these visions of the cutest Canadian family ever taking on the World.

Kenzie. Kenzie. Kenzie. You totally cut my work-related productivity in half the moment you posted that website. I heart you for that. It's fabulous.

Done. This is for sure happening.

Yeah, you aren't kidding. I keep hitting randomize and dreaming. I want a billion different weddings so I can use all those super cute themes.

Considering how much bawling happened while watching people's random engagement videos on youtube (how are we so cool?) I fee that crying as we essentially creep the ceremony will definitely happen.

And the site is very addicting.. that's why I had to share, there's no more TR to take up all your time! Hahhaa.

Is it actually considered "creeping" when I invite you to sit out in the lagoon and take paparazzi photos for me?! I'll even spring for the sea raycer!

Rats! Oh well, I'm sure next time we'll get lucky :)

From what my trainer told me (she used to work at JC), it didn't happen all the time (but often enough).

LOVE me some Gaston. And I'll be on the lookout for you when we're there in December.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Day 6, August 17: MK/Check out

The time had arrived... the dreaded last morning of the trip. We got up early and packed all our things before heading up to Kona for one last Disneyfied breakfast.

IMG_8044.jpg

Surprisingly, I made a departure from the norm and ordered something other than Tonga Toast... stop the presses! :eek: I decided to try the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes and even though they were delicious, they were no match for Tonga Toast. Plus it was a ridiculous amount of pancakes. I didn’t even know where to start with them.

IMG_8049.jpg

Our server saw me taking pictures of our food and made the requisite comment about it, as others have done in the past. I laughed and agreed that I must have issues. But he didn’t stop there; he started saying things to Brett about how I must have real problems and how dealing with me on a daily basis must not be easy. It actually got to a point where I felt a bit uncomfortable. Like many of you, I take pictures of our food at practically every meal, and while people like us aren’t the norm, I highly doubt this is the first time he’s seen someone bust out a camera at the table. It was just weird.

After breakfast we hopped on the monorail, where one of the stowaways from my camera bag scurried out to check out the sights. :lookaroun If only the Kona server could see just how weird I really am. :ROFLOL:

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

We’ve always joked that it would be fun to take the chipmunks to a park for some photo ops and we felt that this was a great morning for doing just that. It kinda kept me from focusing on leaving later in the day.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
First stop... everyone has to get a picture in front of the train station!

IMG_8058.jpg

Turns out it was EMH two days in a row at the MK so the park had been open for about 30 minutes already once we got there. We headed straight to Tomorrowland to pick up Space Mountain fastpasses.

IMG_8081.jpg

Where a bit of confusion ensued…

“Look, Chip, look, there we are!”
“We must’ve crossed over the space time continuum, Dale!”

IMG_8062.jpg

Future Dale noticed my ring immediately, and started doing a little dance. It took a second before I realized he was doing the Beyonce “Single Ladies” dance, you know, the part where she’s singing “Oohh, ohhhhh, oooh. Oohh, ooh, ooh, Ooohh!” It was absolutely hilarious. He was so excited when I recognized the song and started singing along.

IMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

Then he and Future Chip started making the little guys do the moves!

IMG_8073.jpg

We wandered over to Fantasyland, but didn’t stay long. As much as I tried not to pay attention to them, the walls really do zap some of the magic. It's not too big of a deal for those of us who get to go often, but I hate it for first timers.

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

We rode the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, before attempting to ride the teacups, but it was going down that day, so we just cut our losses in Fantasyland and made our way over to Adventureland. The stowaways were making a lot of noise, seeing as how Adventureland is, well, Adventureland!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
First up... the Magic Carpets!

IMG_8094.jpg

The chipmunks attempted to take over the tiki room. Dale went on the lookout while Chip tried to distract the hosts.

IMG_8096.jpg

Then we took a quick cruise across the continental rivers. “That tarantula’s as big as me!” “Hey, Dale, why don’t you stick your hand in here.”

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

We scurried off to the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse for a little more adventure.

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

I really love the views from up here.

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Aye! Tis’ pirate time now! “Dale! I think there might be some acorns down here. You crawl in and see, and I’ll keep an eye out for pirates!” :ROFLOL:

IMG_8125.jpg

The plan was to hit up Big Thunder Mountain but the line was ridiculous. There wasn’t even a question that we’d be skipping that one, as that queue is just brutal, especially in the heat. Instead we grabbed a coke and headed over to the Train Station.

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

We got off in Toontown and took a few pictures. I love the Miss Daisy, it’s kinda sad that she won’t be there when we go back. At least the Barnstormer will be staying around with the new expansion/renovation. Yay for Goofy!

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8138.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

I’m afraid I won’t miss the County Bounty too much, though. :lol:

IMG_8140.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Back in Tomorrowland we hopped on the TTC. Oh how I love thee!

IMG_8146.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

And met Stitch. Sniff. Our last character meet and greet of the trip.

IMG_8170_diptych.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

Lastly, we cashed in our fastpasses for Space Mountain, while Chip and Dale foraged some snacks for the road.

IMG_8197.jpg

One last shot for posterity at the castle and then we had to drag the 'munks outta there.

IMG_8210.jpg

Not able to prolong the inevitable any longer, we exited the park and headed back to Tuvalu.

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8217.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I’m not gonna lie...it was a SAD day. I may have even shed a tear or two (and I can’t blame my weepiness on the alcohol this time :lol:). Knowing that we’d be back for our wedding trip was really the only thing that made leaving the Poly bearable for me. Melodramatic, much?! I’m going to be a wreck after the wedding/honeymoon trip.

We called bell services, and a gentleman met us in the room all too quickly. Maybe this was a good thing because it forced me not to linger or wallow. :cry:

IMG_8224.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

How is it that the following set of pictures is oozing with sooooooo much sadness?! It’s like the postcard perfect blue sky was mocking us.

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
The CM drove us right to our car, which was nice because we didn’t have to bring it around. We had to make one last trip inside the Grand Ceremonial House and out by the pool for a few last minute pictures, because I didn’t get enough already. :lol:

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

Brett practically had to drag me outta there, but not before I got one last picture of us by our waterfall out front!

IMG_8264.jpg

And then it was on to the parking lot…

IMG_8265.jpg

We went over to Downtown Disney to grab a bite to eat at Earl of Sandwich before hitting the road. The Earl was pretty packed but we got in and out of there fairly quickly.

IMG_8273.jpg

Then we made one last run through the World of Disney. I don’t know why, probably because we were trying to prolong the inevitable. I actually don’t remember much at all from being at Downtown Disney before we left. Mostly because I was already missing my dearest Tuvalu.

IMG_8279.jpg

With shoulders hunched over in defeat we finally drug ourselves back to the car and headed home. Woe. :lol: It was so hard for me to let go of the very BEST trip ever. Thankfully, we’ve got a wedding to plan!! And an opportunity to top our spectacular engagement trip. More than anything, I have to thank Brett for making it all happen!

And so it is... the trip report that seemed like it would never end has finally come to a close. Petunia and I thank each of you for your patience! Now on to the wedding plans!

diddy_mouse

Leaving is always the hardest after such an AMAZING trip. I can totally relate to you on that one girl.

Beaucoup congrats once again and best wishes on your wedding/honeymoon. Couldn't have picked a better place (but you knew that already ;)) Oh and I will totally follow your pre-wedding thread when that gets started.

Thanks for sharing your engagement with us. You guys are totally made for each other. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom