Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

ExtinctJenn

I think that's an easy cop out to not put a lot of effort into the decorations.
I disagree. I think it's being deliberate to make sure they stay true to the "story" and don't do what people were afraid was being done, just toss some Christmas into it. It wouldn't make sense at all to have big pretty expensive decorations in that story in my opinion.

disney4life2008

I perused the video but what exactly is the overlay? I saw some decorations that looked like they were purchased from the entrance to dollar tree and noticed a candy cane covering the "U" on the entrance sign.

Mickey_777

What constitutes a pricey set of decorations as opposed to cheap ones anyway? They're all made in the same factory in China last time I checked.

And the non-holiday spiel is darn funny IMO. How can you not like "This is our sandstone wall...but many take it for granite. I think it rocks. It's one of our more boulder attractions."?

Californian Elitist

What constitutes a pricey set of decorations as opposed to cheap ones anyway? They're all made in the same factory in China last time I checked.

And the non-holiday spiel is darn funny IMO. How can you not like "This is our sandstone wall...but many take it for granite. I think it rocks. It's one of our more boulder attractions."?

It's not necessarily funny, just clever, IMO. I usually chuckle a little bit on Jungle Cruise, but I never burst out laughing.

Now the "R-rated" Storybook spiel... That's funny.

TP2000

Actually, they usually go later. Small World is usually still presenting Christmas in mid-January.

Mansion Holiday closes first the Sunday after New Year's Day. And Small World Holiday remains open while Mansion is closed for 10 to 12 days to remove the Holiday. When Mansion reopens around January 15th as regular Haunted Mansion, Small World Holiday closes to be turned back into regular Small World within about 10 to 12 days.

They like to play it off because many Asian cultures have a big deal for New Year, and many Latino cultures have important events around Three Kings Day in early January. So the excuse is that Small World Holiday is still celebrating those January events for an extra week or two. But really, it's about keeping E Ticket capacity up in the park. January also sees several other regular rehabs at other rides in January, so there's usually two or three other things closed that month besides Small World and Haunted Mansion for decoration removal.

Wbnemo1

ok gang,
Ya gotta give it a little time, this is new for us, new for everyone, ..there are more puns, but a lot of the skips are still getting things Down, we have had over 100 skippers that had to learn this and we were given minimal time for training time and I mean minimal, about 3 hours each, including boat time, then the spiel was taken away and we had to try and recall what we learned, today, with live crews. The skipper that was featured in the video was doing the for the very first time live, better yet , she was the first one to do it, personally, she's a great skipper and once she's got this all smoothed and flowing, you will love her version!. You all caught the very first Jingle Cruise.

Now about the decor...again, as already stated in an earlier post, the general idea of this, at least the way I interpret it, is that we skippers were home sick for the holidays to spend it with our extended families, so in order to make things a little more "homey" we grabbed things we could find to Spruce up, err.... no pun intended there, yeah, spruce the place up...it's not like we have a lot of money to spend and it is decorated to show this! lol, so five and dime store bobbles, trinkets and decorations is all we could afford, and check out those boxer shorts on the Icicle Irma...those are real unused boxer shorts from 1940 specifically bought for the occasion...no i didn't buy them :)

Cheers,
Will...Aka Skipper Babs

tissandtully

ok gang,
Ya gotta give it a little time, this is new for us, new for everyone, ..there are more puns, but a lot of the skips are still getting things Down, we have had over 100 skippers that had to learn this and we were given minimal time for training time and I mean minimal, about 3 hours each, including boat time, then the spiel was taken away and we had to try and recall what we learned, today, with live crews. The skipper that was featured in the video was doing the for the very first time live, better yet , she was the first one to do it, personally, she's a great skipper and once she's got this all smoothed and flowing, you will love her version!. You all caught the very first Jingle Cruise.

Now about the decor...again, as already stated in an earlier post, the general idea of this, at least the way I interpret it, is that we skippers were home sick for the holidays to spend it with our extended families, so in order to make things a little more "homey" we grabbed things we could find to Spruce up, err.... no pun intended there, yeah, spruce the place up...it's not like we have a lot of money to spend and it is decorated to show this! lol, so five and dime store bobbles, trinkets and decorations is all we could afford, and check out those boxer shorts on the Icicle Irma...those are real unused boxer shorts from 1940 specifically bought for the occasion...no i didn't buy them :)

Cheers,
Will...Aka Skipper Babs

Thanks, people on here can be kind of mean. I think she was doing great for the very first time.

Bolt

I had a skipper today who knocked it out of the park but he did give a warning to us (not sure he should have) that they hadn't got the script until this week and had weren't able to practice it on the boats until actually executing it since they had to run he original script up until last night.

But for me Jungle Cruise is better at nighttime because you get young skippers who love their role.

Goofyernmost

Well, the Jungle Cruise jokes have never been funny. Punny or corny, sure. Not sure what you were expecting. As far as the decorations go, aren't they supposed to look like what the skippers would have been able to get shipped to the jungle back in the 30s-40s? (correct me if thats the wrong era, but I'm going off the music) So yeah, a bit low budget, Christmas wasn't always the mega cash drop it is now. Heck, people used to think aluminum Christmas trees were all the rage at one point.
Had one in 1963. The latest in modern celebration. It only lasted one year and was taken to the landfill. Kept the color wheel for some reason, my parents never used it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom