Jungle Cruise to get holiday overlay

Sassagoula-Rvr

I love that the boat is called "Happy GNU Year".
I saw that too! I love it, this is the kind of thing that is pretty inexpensive (I imagine anyways) and yet provides a different experience for guests! I love the Jungle Cruise, but usually it's not usually at the top of the list of things I'm looking forward to. But this holiday trip, I can't wait to experience it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here they are
JCP927716SMALL.jpg

JIN666999.jpg

Fox&Hound

I don't care what the naysayers say, this is a great idea!!!!! Way to keep things fresh by adding a small twist to a classic ride. Loooooove this. With things like this, Avatar concept art, New Fantasy Land, more DVC hotels being built, I really feel like things are on an upswing. Yes, the parks could still use more attractions, but overall, I am very excited about the direction the parks are headed in.

(insert complaining from another poster here)

MerlinTheGoat

I certainly hope there's going to be a bit more to the ride itself than just adding some Santa hats to the animals and skippers. That actually looks weird and i'm not sure whether I like it at all...

I'll wait and see what the full ride is like. I'm usually for holiday overlays, but i'm skeptical about this one. It needs to fit with the theme. Haunted Mansion holiday works so well because they completely close it for a lengthy time and it essentially transforms into a completely different ride. Small World holiday somehow fits really well with Christmas decorations anyways and the song melds perfectly with another song (that can also be annoying when played on loop, probably why it fits). Even the Country Bears changed all the songs and costumes to make logical sense. I just hope they do more with Jungle Cruise than what the poster indicates. The skippers dialog changes will likely be fine, as well as their decorations in the boat and queue. But adding Santa hats to the animals seems a bit stupid.

A funny joke would perhaps be to add northern animal figures to the ride such as reindeer or whatever. It wouldn't fit with the jungle theme, but it would be a funny joke. Someone mentioned having Santa crash land in the jungle and replace the guy being chased up a pole by the rhino, also a funny idea.

Last edited:

Sassagoula-Rvr

I certainly hope there's going to be a bit more to the ride itself than just adding some Santa hats to the animals and skippers. That actually looks weird and i'm not sure whether I like it at all...

I'll wait and see what the full ride is like. I'm usually for holiday overlays, but i'm skeptical about this one. It needs to fit with the theme. Haunted Mansion holiday works so well because they completely close it for a lengthy time and it essentially transforms into a completely different ride. Small World holiday somehow fits really well with Christmas decorations anyways and the song melds perfectly with another song (that can also be annoying when played on loop, probably why it fits). Even the Country Bears changed all the songs and costumes to make logical sense. I just hope they do more with Jungle Cruise than what the poster indicates. The skippers dialog changes will likely be fine, as well as their decorations in the boat and queue. But adding Santa hats to the animals seems a bit stupid.

A funny joke would perhaps be to add northern animal figures to the ride such as reindeer or whatever. It wouldn't fit with the jungle theme, but it would be a funny joke. Someone mentioned having Santa crash land in the jungle and replace the guy being chased up a pole by the rhino, also a funny idea.

I guess I don't know how much more you can do...to me it seems the skippers dialog pretty much is what makes the Jungle Cruise? I go for the corny jokes and the nostalgia...mixing it up with some holiday decorations and dialog is a great idea in my mind...and costs Disney very little.

The Duck

So far, the reports that I've been reading have said that the only changes were some of the skipper's spiel and Christmas decorations in the queue. It looks cute on the poster but I wouldn't hold my breath about the animals wearing Santa hats.

JimboJones123

So far, the reports that I've been reading have said that the only changes were some of the skipper's spiel and Christmas decorations in the queue. It looks cute on the poster but I wouldn't hold my breath about the animals wearing Santa hats.
You literally thought that there might be literally hats on the animals? That doesn't make any sense. It is a poster.

taz0162

I am liking this. As long as they rotate the decorations for the attractions.
Ex. I saw Country Bear Jamboree Holiday Edition three times and last Christmas was so excited to see that it was the regular classic one again. Maybe do Jingle Cruise for 2-3 Years in a row and move on to another attraction. I wouldn't touch Pirates or Haunted Mansion because it would take away from their storylines. Jungle Cruise is perfect as it was always light-hearted with all the jokes throughout the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom