Jungle Cruise movie

Phil12

Another cheesy action movie to add to Dwayne Johnson's repertoire. He just may win another Slammy Award for this effort. Hopefully they'll revive the award for him. After all he's one of six producers on this project.

voodoo321

Also and this goes without saying, if the movie is a big hit jungle cruise will be changed to be a movie tie in on both coasts.

IMO the movie overlay hurts pirates and frankly should be removed.
I was going to say that, for this reason, I hope the movie fails. But if Disney doesn't realize why this would be a horrible, horrible idea then why should I care? Even if this movie makes a ton of money it will be forgotten within a year.

Totally agree about Pirates. Even though it was a successful franchise and a few of the movies were good, the ride should have never been changed. And they only keep making it worse. I don't have much desire to ride it anymore. Plus, the movies aren't a staple in pop culture anymore and Johnny Depp has fallen off the map. Part of the danger of using celebrities

FigmentJedi

Totally agree about Pirates. Even though it was a successful franchise and a few of the movies were good, the ride should have never been changed. And they only keep making it worse. I don't have much desire to ride it anymore. Plus, the movies aren't a staple in pop culture anymore and Johnny Depp has fallen off the map. Part of the danger of using celebrities
For better or worse, the original Pirates trilogy has become a part of Disney's canon of live-action classics, even with people hating Depp now. So while I agree with undoing the movie changes that assume riders are goldfish, I still think Jack should stick around in some form. Just you know, not a "Where's Poochie?" form.

Phil12

I was going to say that, for this reason, I hope the movie fails. But if Disney doesn't realize why this would be a horrible, horrible idea then why should I care? Even if this movie makes a ton of money it will be forgotten within a year.

Too late. Dwayne Johnson is already making changes to the ride:

ObscurityPoint

I’m going to be crucified for saying this BUT...this may not be a bad thing. The trailer seemed to take a lot of inspiration from the Hong Kong version of the ride-which,in my opinion, is probably the most technologically impressive and biggest-scale version of Jungle Cruise. Guys listen, there’s no way they will install a Dwayne Johnson or Emily Blunt animatronic on the ride, but I could see some upgraded animatronic animals, projection effects, maybe a loose storyline for skippers to follow involving the sacred treasure (with all the corny jokes and improv of course) and MAYBE a temporary overlay or change to some of the boats designs. Now I know a lot of people will hate this since it is a Disney classic, but if done right, and keeping all the magic of the original ride but adding upgraded effects and enhancing the experience, it could turn the US versions of Jungle Cruise into a much more exciting adventure.

starri42

^Oh, but I would expect the cue lines to go through some major changes, including seeing Blunt and Johnson’s pictures as members of the SEA club. Calling it now if these changed indeed do go through.
And people will no doubt complain, despite no one ever having a problem with what amounts to exactly the same thing in the Imagination queue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Oh good, you pulled up an article from two years ago which Disney has disavowed.

You're pretty clever, aren't you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom