Jungle Cruise Movie Confirmed, Will Refurb Coming Soon?

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74875

"Walt Disney Pictures has confirmed that the studio has cast "Toy Story" franchise voice stars Tom Hanks and Tim Allen in the big screen adaptation of Disney's theme park ride Jungle Cruise. The studio released the following statement:

The Walt Disney Studios is excited to be in development with Mandeville Films and writer Roger S.H. Schulman on a feature film based on the Jungle Cruise, one of the most iconic attractions in Disney theme park history. The film will pair up Tim Allen and Tom Hanks in their first live-action project, after their previous collaborations in the Toy Story trilogy.‬

Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman will produce.

The popular ride has visitors traveling the rivers of the jungle guided by a riverboat skipper and encountering wild animals as they cruise."

I know we've heard rumors for the movie in the past, but it now seems like the ball is getting rolling, especially with big names like Hanks and Allen on board. I'd expect this will cause the ride to get a boost in popularity and publicity, should we expect a refurb as well?

fyn

Oh' dear it seems we have another Haunted Mansion-style flop on our hands.

I'm normally a die-hard optimist, but I can't even remotely comprehend how this movie is going to be good based on that description.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Which refurb? The one put on hold 4 years ago? Or 3 years ago? Or two years ago?

The way it`s going there won`t be any water left to cruise on...

Jerm

I would guess they will make it like the old Bob Hope Road films with him and Bing, which will make it very funny I think!

Crazy Harry

I was excited about this movie until I heard who the two lead actors were. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but I was hoping for a slightly more serious, action adventure type film. I know I am insinuating a lot with just brief word of who's in it, but I am sceptical.

pumpkin7

i bet it will be something along the lines of 'the campers stuck up the pole with the rhino at the bottom' type of film. tim allen doesn't do serious.

Atomicmickey

Well, one thing seems to be certain. They'll be exploring "synergy" between the film and the attraction.

Hey, it's worked for Pirates.

And it is way too early to pronounce anything about this project, no
one knows how it will turn out. I'll just be hopeful.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the Astro-Orbiter movie, the PeopleMover movie, and, of course, DVC: The Movie.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, one thing seems to be certain. They'll be exploring "synergy" between the film and the attraction.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the Astro-Orbiter movie, the PeopleMover movie, and, of course, DVC: The Movie.

But if they greenlight DVC: The Movie, what will become of Disney's best-kept secret? :rolleyes:

jt04

Which refurb? The one put on hold 4 years ago? Or 3 years ago? Or two years ago?

I believe the one two years ago was a 'pre-furb'. :lookaroun

:wave:

Could be good. The question is whether this may involve the birth of an AC/SEA franchise/spinoff/origination story/reboot or hints of a backstory through cameos of characters etc.

Just a thought.:shrug:

Thrill Seeker

Well Thunder Mountain is supposedly going to finally get it's refurb soonish, so maybe after that Jungle Cruise can go down...

hpyhnt 1000

No, no, a movie about the DDP is where its at! The anticipation, suspense, and horror; I can just taste box office hit! :p

As for this Jungle Cruise film, I don't know what to think. About the only thing we can gather from this is that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen must not be getting many movie offers these days.

Disney Rocks

Well, the Jungle Cruise is a comedy with the corny jokes, so I see why they would make a movie with that angle. The movie may be another Haunted Mansion movie bomb. I think a renovation may come after they see how the film turns out. Here's hoping Tim and Tom aren't our new skippers in the next few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom