Jungle Cruise Movie Confirmed, Will Refurb Coming Soon?

Malvito

I find it surprising to see the negative comments and reviews for a movie that has yet to shoot so much as a frame of film.

Are we now basing a movie's quality on Minority Report?

Any creative endeavor stands a 50/50 chance of achieving a particular level of quality, and nothing is going to please everyone. I'm reading a lot of "...sounds lame." How lame did the initial press releases for Pirates of the Caribbean sound before anyone actually saw it?

As to a refurb of the ride, since I do not get to visit the parks on a yearly basis I am unaware of what could or should be done. What are suggestions as to the best way to refurb The Jungle Cruise?

Yeah, how many people thought "Old Dogs" with Travolta and Williams was gonna suck? Just look how much that movie made...Oh sorry, it did suck.

Malvito

Yes, Old Dogs did suck. POTC did not.

I'm not arguing in favor of Jungle Cruise being an unqualified success, without having seen it. I am arguing in favor of seeing something before panning it.

TinkerFan

I haven't heard anything about this before but my husband is now thrilled.. He loves the Jungle Cruise - why I have no idea but he does.

Other than POTC, Disney has not had much recent success with live actor films. Take anything with Duane "The Rock" Johnson as examples. I don't think Jungle Cruise has the mass appeal to make a successful film. It's a cool ride with a good captain, let's leave it at that.

NoChesterHester

Question on the previously planned and cancelled refub: was this a freshening up of the attraction or did the plans include something more substantial.

In other words, is this a Small World style refurb (freshening and fixing everything, new audio etc...) or a Haunted Mansion style refurb (new show scenes and new effects)?

Sorry to double post, but I'm far more interested in the potential refurb of one of my favorite rides then debating the merits of a movie that hasn't even started filming.

I'd really love to hear from one of our insiders as to what they know about the scope of the oft postponed refurbishment. A great refub could really inject some needed energy into Adventureland, especially if the Tiki Room is returning to original form.

MickeyPeace

Other than POTC, Disney has not had much recent success with live actor films. Take anything with Duane "The Rock" Johnson as examples. I don't think Jungle Cruise has the mass appeal to make a successful film. It's a cool ride with a good captain, let's leave it at that.

Duane The Rock Johnson made Disney a boat load of money with The Game Plan. It grossed about $78 mil. The fact that it's about a football player who knocks up some chick he dated without knowing it until 8 years later while being A DISNEY MOVIE! is another story.

Race To Witch Mountain was a flop but still made a couple mil.

Mr Johnson was also rumored to be starring in a franchise about Tomorrowland. Who knows if Witch Mountain squashed that or if it's still being developed.

Jungle Cruise has mass appeal for sure. Maybe you meant to say it doesn't have depth? It has about as much as Pirates had before it was made into a movie and look what happened with that. Anything can be made into a successful film if the right people are involved and the elements fall into place.

Tangled took a lot of flack also while being made and it was a very good Disney film. Wait and see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom