Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

RSoxNo1

It doesn't have to be the Disneyland enhancements, but I would appreciate a Haunted Mansion level refurb. Don't change the spirit of the attraction, don't put in characters, but add more gags, add more content, "plus it".

Tonka's Skipper

With the proper preplanning and prefab, in 6 weeks and GREAT deal of things will be done. This is a major amount of time for a attraction like JC. The mechanics are not any where near as complicated as BTR or SM.

I would expect to see many new improvements and redoing of existing scenes.

This is just another example that Disney as woken up(from Iger's only the bottom line counts operation) and is catching up and bring back the classic attractions and adding more excellent attractions.

AKK

Disneykidder

I know it sucks (My trip is Aug 21-31) but if you go outside of holidays SOMETHING is going to be on refurb. Just be glad it's only two things not 4-5.
Actually, I just found out the exact dates and we will be able to see The Jungle Cruise but not Muppet Vision. YAY. My kiddies LOVE it!!

El Grupo

In preparation for WDW's 50th anniversary, I would love to see Disney take the best elements from the Fire Mountain and Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition concepts for a new attraction in Adventureland. Do a complete refurb of JC and have it, as well as the train running through a volcano or jungle temple that houses the new ride.

Dfan48

i Know this is out of this forum but OLC just announced the new night safari jungle cruise in TDL Adventureland.and it sAys it will be a TDL exclusive ride.

dreamscometrue

They've announced quite a few refurbs this year...while I know it upsets some because it digs in to their vacations, I'm glad to see proper maintenance being scheduled on all attractions. They need it!

I agree wholeheartedly. Everyone wants the attractions maintained to a pristine standard, so bring on the refurbs.

Having said that, some guests get really upset if any attraction is being refurbed during their vacation.The number of people who were vocal about 'Splash' being down last year, actually astounded me. During my 10 days there, I heard people complaining about the 'Splash' refurb when I was near BTMRR, while on the bus and in the queue at the Main Street Bakery. Some seemed very angry, and I'm sure Guest Relations heard about it. That's annoying. I just wanted to tell them all, "Let WDW maintain their attractions and stop whining about it!"

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Hopefully they cover that HVAC unit they replaced last winter that is left exposed as well as the outside of the tunnel.

JimboJones123

Now we just need Peter Pan down. But I'm guessing that will have to wait until Snow White opens.
I am always surprised that no update bohered to polish off the flaking and poorly pieced together inside to the volcano. It is the worst presentation in all of Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom