Jungle Cruise closing for lengthy refurbishment late this summer

Captain Chaos

I agree wholeheartedly. Everyone wants the attractions maintained to a pristine standard, so bring on the refurbs.

Having said that, some guests get really upset if any attraction is being refurbed during their vacation.The number of people who were vocal about 'Splash' being down last year, actually astounded me. During my 10 days there, I heard people complaining about the 'Splash' refurb when I was near BTMRR, while on the bus and in the queue at the Main Street Bakery. Some seemed very angry, and I'm sure Guest Relations heard about it. That's annoying. I just wanted to tell them all, "Let WDW maintain their attractions and stop whining about it!"
Next time, please do... WDW is in the state of bad repair because of those whining little babies... I'm glad they are getting back to the practice of shutting rides down to maintain them, even if in the middle of summer...

cheezbat

Next time, please do... WDW is in the state of bad repair because of those whining little babies... I'm glad they are getting back to the practice of shutting rides down to maintain them, even if in the middle of summer...

They're just spoiled. Look at Disneyland...they have a refurb going on year round. There never seems to be a time when everything is open.

Refurbs need to happen. Without it the place falls apart.

doctornick

In preparation for WDW's 50th anniversary, I would love to see Disney take the best elements from the Fire Mountain and Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition concepts for a new attraction in Adventureland. Do a complete refurb of JC and have it, as well as the train running through a volcano or jungle temple that houses the new ride.

Yes, I've been wondering what will end up happening for WDW's 50th, especially at MK. I know it's a ways off and perhaps nothing has even been considered yet, but I hope/think that a new E-ticket for Adventureland would be considered given the current layout in the park. Or alternatively a new ride in Tomorrowland like the Tron cycles that was once considered.

doctornick

They're just spoiled. Look at Disneyland...they have a refurb going on year round. There never seems to be a time when everything is open.

Flip side: both DLR parks have a ton of rides, so taking 1 or 2 out of the loop at a time is not a big deal.

Of course, that speaks to the need for a lot more attractions at all the WDW parks (well, except perhaps MK) more than a knock against closing rides for refurbs which is a good thing.

cheezbat

Flip side: both DLR parks have a ton of rides, so take 1 or 2 out of the loop at a time is not a big deal.

Of course, that speaks to the need for a ton more attractions at all the WDW (well, except perhaps MK) more than a knock against closing rides for refurbs which is a good thing.
That I totally agree with. MKs roster has a good amount of rides but the other parks are severely lacking.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Does anyone know if there was much of a spiel when you entered the temple in previous years of if we just had a good skipper all them yers ago. I seem to remember golden girls references and something about the tigers and monkeys but may be completely crazy ???

Tommye1078

As long as they don't add characters (or King Louie
laugh2.gif
) I'm OK with a little love for the JC.
I couldn't believe when they removed king louie and the falling rocks!

Captain Neo

Meanwhile in Tokyo, Jungle Cruise is closing for a year and getting new scenes, modern special effects, and a brand new orchestrated score. I hope you all think twice before blowing your money visiting Magic Kingdom when you can choose any number of superior destinations. Don't let Disney management think what they are doing in FL is acceptable.

TP2000

I don't really agree. The attraction is looking good to begin with, and people still respond positively overall.

Um, have you been on the Anaheim version lately? Or Tokyo's? I think it might help if you had a point of reference for what top maintenance looks like and acts like.

I've been on all three versions of Jungle Cruise in the last couple years. Disneyland's Jungle Cruise has two (2) separate closure rehabs planned in 2013 alone; the last one in April, the next one in September, and it shows. For overall maintenance, upkeep, aesthetics, horticulture, and fluidity of animatronics, I would humbly grade them as follows;

Tokyo Disneyland Jungle Cruise: A-
Disneyland Jungle Cruise: B+
Magic Kingdom Park Jungle Cruise: C-

Don't believe me? Here's the typical thoughts of a WDW regular who made his first trip to Disneyland recently. He had many things to say about Disneyland, but these are just his thoughts on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise after riding the WDW Jungle Cruise for years. Take it away @fractal !

The pristine condition of DL's Jungle Cruise means it's a great ride with or without a witty skipper. I was shocked how much more I enjoyed it over WDW. The WDW version never allows you to escape reality - the broken effects ruin it. You ride the WDW version because of nostalgia and in hopes of a funny routine.

DL's JC allowed this 45 year old to actually be transported to another place, even if it were for a few seconds.

But if you don't have a sparkling point of reference from Anaheim or Tokyo to use, I can understand how many WDW regulars may think the current maintenance standards are "good enough".

WDW's Jungle Cruise is looking tired and worn out. This rehab is three years overdue. And once the '13 rehab is done, TDO needs to get the 2014 rehab on the books and stick with it. If they don't go back and rehab this ride again until 2019, then they are right back in the dusty corner they started in. :rolleyes:

wogwog

Perhaps Tokyo's refurb will be a sign of things to come if reviews are positive.
As much as I would like that to be true I believe Tokyo Disney is different than the US parks in that local Japanese ownership furnishes the money used in running the park. I imagine Disney furnishes license agreements and some management services but does not plow Disney money into the park.

I do not have this as concrete information but have heard this from WDW folks I know socially.

GLaDOS

Um, have you been on the Anaheim version lately? Or Tokyo's? I think it might help if you had a point of reference for what top maintenance looks like and acts like.

I've been on all three versions of Jungle Cruise in the last couple years. Disneyland's Jungle Cruise has two (2) separate closure rehabs planned in 2013 alone; the last one in April, the next one in September, and it shows. For overall maintenance, upkeep, aesthetics, horticulture, and fluidity of animatronics, I would humbly grade them as follows;

Tokyo Disneyland Jungle Cruise: A-
Disneyland Jungle Cruise: B+
Magic Kingdom Park Jungle Cruise: C-

Don't believe me? Here's the typical thoughts of a WDW regular who made his first trip to Disneyland recently. He had many things to say about Disneyland, but these are just his thoughts on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise after riding the WDW Jungle Cruise for years. Take it away @fractal !

But if you don't have a sparkling point of reference from Anaheim or Tokyo to use, I can understand how many WDW regulars may think the current maintenance standards are "good enough".

WDW's Jungle Cruise is looking tired and worn out. This rehab is three years overdue. And once the '13 rehab is done, TDO needs to get the 2014 rehab on the books and stick with it. If they don't go back and rehab this ride again until 2019, then they are right back in the dusty corner they started in. :rolleyes:

I've been to both resorts (DL and WDW) multiple times in the past year.

I'll take a slightly tired looking WDW version over the craptastic "upgraded showscenes" version of DL's any day of the week. Oh how they ruined that ride.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

Refurbs need to happen. Without it the place falls apart.
A few years ago, we were in the World when two of the biggest people-eaters in the parks were down simultaneously for the whole summer - Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion.
One refurb was brilliantly done. The other, not so much. Thank the Phoenecians, indeed!?

STITCHGEFAN

Just my two cents, but if this wasn't the mastermind of Walt Disney himself would JC still feature in MK, or any of the parks for that matter?

I think the best way to describe the WDW version is 'tacky.' I'm glad it's getting a refurb, one that is severely needed, but coming from a guy who has grown up with this ride I would much rather see the area used to make a superior E-ticket that is severely needed in Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom