June Roll Call

Tink0102

Hi! I'm new here!! My family and I will be visiting Disney for the first time in June, the 16th-22nd. We are staying at All Star Movies. We are so excited, we can hardly wait!!!:D

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Original Poster
Hi! I'm new here!! My family and I will be visiting Disney for the first time in June, the 16th-22nd. We are staying at All Star Movies. We are so excited, we can hardly wait!!!:D
Welcome, I hope you have a magical first trip! Remember you can not get everything done the first time! Please tell us about your dining plans, hope you have made your reservations!

Upvote 0

Tink0102

Oh yes! Thankfully, I have a couple of friends who have been to Disney multiple times otherwise I would not have known about the importance of making ADR's.
We have a breakfast reserved for Donald's Safari Breakfast one morning and dinners reserved for Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, Mickey's BBQ, and a late lunch/early dinner at Mama Melrose's with Fantasmic tickets.
I was really excited about Ohana's because it looked like it would be so much fun for my 8 year old with the coconut races, hula hoop, etc and the food looked good on the YouTube video that I watched, but I keep reading bad reviews for it so now I am not so sure :(

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Oh yes! Thankfully, I have a couple of friends who have been to Disney multiple times otherwise I would not have known about the importance of making ADR's.
We have a breakfast reserved for Donald's Safari Breakfast one morning and dinners reserved for Ohana's, Whispering Canyon, Mickey's BBQ, and a late lunch/early dinner at Mama Melrose's with Fantasmic tickets.
I was really excited about Ohana's because it looked like it would be so much fun for my 8 year old with the coconut races, hula hoop, etc and the food looked good on the YouTube video that I watched, but I keep reading bad reviews for it so now I am not so sure :(
Breakfast gets mediocre reviews at Ohana, but dinner is much better. We've done both, and I can promise you the dinner is fantastic! We're eating there in June as well.

Upvote 0

Tink0102

I wouldn't worry about a few mediocre reviews no place always gets great ones! There's only one place to steer clear of and it's not on your list! So you will have a great trip!

Oh good! Thank you both so much!! We are so excited....this wait is killing me. When I was researching restaurants and making reservations I was at least busy, but now there is nothing really to do but wait. I joined touringplans.com and was going to try planning out each of our days in each park, but those lists freaked me out a little. I really like making plans, but I also don't want every minute of our vacation scripted. So I am trying to pass our time by researching and learning about:
Fast Passes....I get the concept, but don't really understand how it works when it comes to only being allowed so many at a time and stuff like that.
Pin trading....At first I thought this was simple, but the more I read the more I realize there are some pins that are frowned on and the CM's don't want to trade for them, but I don't know how to tell one from the other. I am hoping to get my son a small set before we get to the park to get him started but don't want to buy the undesirable ones and risk him getting his feelings hurt. That would not be cool especially on our first trip. I want this to be nothing but magical for all of us, but especially him.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Fast passes are a must for the more popular rides, and it's pretty simple once you try it. You place your ticket in the FP kiosk and it will give you a ticket that has a time frame - "return between 1:00pm and 2:00pm". You can return and get in the FP line no earlier than the start time, and no later than the end time. You can only have one FP at a time, but you are allowed to get another one as soon as the start time is reached. Of course, this all assumes the new FP+ system is not up and running by Juneo_O

We haven't done pin trading in several years, but I have never encountered a CM that was rude to a kid or refused to trade certain pins. They usually are going out of their way to make your trip great. Make sure you get the "first visit" buttons either from the resort front desk, or at guest relations in the park.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Original Poster
Oh good! Thank you both so much!! We are so excited....this wait is killing me. When I was researching restaurants and making reservations I was at least busy, but now there is nothing really to do but wait. I joined touringplans.com and was going to try planning out each of our days in each park, but those lists freaked me out a little. I really like making plans, but I also don't want every minute of our vacation scripted. So I am trying to pass our time by researching and learning about:
Fast Passes....I get the concept, but don't really understand how it works when it comes to only being allowed so many at a time and stuff like that.
Pin trading....At first I thought this was simple, but the more I read the more I realize there are some pins that are frowned on and the CM's don't want to trade for them, but I don't know how to tell one from the other. I am hoping to get my son a small set before we get to the park to get him started but don't want to buy the undesirable ones and risk him getting his feelings hurt. That would not be cool especially on our first trip. I want this to be nothing but magical for all of us, but especially him.
CMs are quite nice about pin trading and have to trade all Disney pins! There are even CMs that can only trade with kids!

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

CMs are quite nice about pin trading and have to trade all Disney pins! There are even CMs that can only trade with kids!

Do you mean that some pins look like they are official Disney pins but they're fakes? I think the CMs would be nice about it if they noticed the fakes. My kids like the ones we bought off ebay whether they're real or not. I'm not sure what the chances are that they're real or not, but we'll see. I need to reread Disney Tourist Blog's post about pin trading (it's helpful). The kid only trading CMs wear a different color lanyard, but I can't remember what it is.

I need to figure this out, too. The benefit of someone grabbing FPs while everybody else waits on that person instead of going on other attractions does seem to escape me, but that's OK.

Upvote 0

Tink0102

Do you mean that some pins look like they are official Disney pins but they're fakes? I think the CMs would be nice about it if they noticed the fakes. My kids like the ones we bought off ebay whether they're real or not. I'm not sure what the chances are that they're real or not, but we'll see. I need to reread Disney Tourist Blog's post about pin trading (it's helpful). The kid only trading CMs wear a different color lanyard, but I can't remember what it is.

Yes...I read some where that they had a couple of bad looking fakes they had bought and one of the CM's refused to trade for one of them. So I guess there are fakes and then there are really bad fakes. I think I read that as a review on some pins that were posted for sale on Amazon. I decided not to buy from that seller. Have you ever heard about the "King Pin" Character that trades pins in AK? That sounds really cool and I hope we can co-ordinate our schedule on the day we are in AK to go pay a visit for some special trading. Apparently he rolls out the red carpet, literally, and has your child stand on it while doing their trading.

I need to figure this out, too. The benefit of someone grabbing FPs while everybody else waits on that person instead of going on other attractions does seem to escape me, but that's OK.

Exactly! I don't understand that...why do you have to have everyone wait in line while you go get a FP if the FP time is going to be for sometime in the future of that day and they are for a hour long window? And now I am starting to read something about FP +
I told a friend of mine that sometimes I think my head is going to explode and little Mickey's heads are going to spill out from all this information I am gathering--LOL

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Yes...I read some where that they had a couple of bad looking fakes they had bought and one of the CM's refused to trade for one of them. So I guess there are fakes and then there are really bad fakes. I think I read that as a review on some pins that were posted for sale on Amazon. I decided not to buy from that seller. Have you ever heard about the "King Pin" Character that trades pins in AK? That sounds really cool and I hope we can co-ordinate our schedule on the day we are in AK to go pay a visit for some special trading. Apparently he rolls out the red carpet, literally, and has your child stand on it while doing their trading.

I've not heard of a King Pin in AK. That sounds so cute!

Exactly! I don't understand that...why do you have to have everyone wait in line while you go get a FP if the FP time is going to be for sometime in the future of that day and they are for a hour long window? And now I am starting to read something about FP +

It's time to get the Unofficial Guide out again and figure it out. Now, I can understand if you are close by and grab a set and can get to other attractions with no delay or get FPs for an attraction for later and then ride it straight away, but other than that, I need to hear the merits of racing across a Park for FPs.

I told a friend of mine that sometimes I think my head is going to explode and little Mickey's heads are going to spill out from all this information I am gathering--LOL

LOL!!! So true!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Welcome!!! We will be there the 13th to the 21st. First night at AoA then moving over to Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm right there with you, June can not get here fast enough! :D

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

King Pin is located at the gift shop in Jambo House at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. He is usually there from 3-4p.

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

June 8-15th, staying at Windsor Hills. Have six day MYW base tickets we just picked up from AAA. Truly looking forward the most to going to the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian with my daughter to belatedly celebrate her 16th birthday (birthday is in May). This is probably our last major trip to WDW as a family before she graduates high school. The years have flown!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom