Journy into Imagination

montyz81

Original Poster
I just went to Epcot last week and did some rides I had not done in several years. Most of what I have done at Epcot over the last few years is SSE, TT, Energy, Space, TTWC (had not been on the ride), and all of World Showcase. I finally did the latest version of Imagination and the Living Seas. I have to say they were both huge disappointments. I suspect these are cost saving redos from the Eisner years, however to be in service this long is pathetic. These rides are no better then the one dark ride at Santa's Village in New Hampshire. They are aweful. Can anyone tell me if these two rides are going to be redone anytime soon? Will there be a re-Walt Disnification of these two rides? What is the future story for these rides? I really wish Epcot Center of 1982 was back in full swing!

EPCOTPluto

Can't say they'll both be refurbbed anytime soon. Besides, Nemo was just added only 3 years ago. :shrug:

"re-Walt Disnification" :ROFLOL:

SirGoofy

Seriously...Nemo a cost cutting measure? You do realize that the original ride had no show scenes what so ever, right?

As for Imagination, there is a plan in place. Just needs the funding.

Figment632

Seriously...Nemo a cost cutting measure? You do realize that the original ride had no show scenes what so ever, right?

As for Imagination, there is a plan in place. Just needs the funding.

Actually I'm starting to come around to the Nemo ride even though I'd prefer it located in another park. DL version of Nemo is better but when you see what they did with the space in TLS it's actually impressive.

EPCOTPluto

DL version of Nemo is better, but when you see what they did with the space in TLS, it's actually impressive.
Yes it is. I wished they kept some of the robots. It would be more interesting for, say, Dory or Marlin to explain the Jason-bot's functions. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

JII has a plan set out, as said before. An elaborate one at that. :D

As for Nemo...:fork::drevil: I can not wait until the wretched ride is in horrible condition, stale, and dead when the Nemo craze is over in 10 years or so! MUAAHAHA!:mad::ROFLOL::fork:
REFURB AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

It feels good to finally say that.:eek::D:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Has anyone seen or heard these so called plans? How do you know it's elaborate? Can you expand on that?

I know that they would want to go back to the Dreamport theme. I know that the Rainbow Tunnel has been looked at. I know that they have considered ripping the Magic Eye theater out for more ride space.

And it can all vanish in a instance...It's imagination only at this point.:eek:;)

As for Nemo...:fork::drevil: I can not wait until the wretched ride is in horrible condition, stale, and dead when the Nemo craze is over in 10 years or so! MUAAHAHA!

Preach on brother EPCOT.......:sohappy::sohappy:
I like nemo but leave it in the movies!!!!

Figment632

As for Nemo...:fork::drevil: I can not wait until the wretched ride is in horrible condition, stale, and dead when the Nemo craze is over in 10 years or so! MUAAHAHA!:mad::ROFLOL::fork:

Yes what a great day it will be to see the clown fish die!

EPCOTPluto

Yes, what a great day it will be to see the clown fish die! :goodnevil
(GASP) I found Nemo!

TheyFoundNemo.jpg

:lookaroun:lol:

Seriously, too much film tie-in there...

FigmentJedi

You're fooling yourself you know. Nemo and the rest of PIxar's work will continue growing in popularity because other then Cars they are all masterpieces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom