Journy into Imagination

montyz81

Original Poster
I wish that the video screen ride was not so popular. There is only one audio animatronic in Toy Story Mania and that is not even part of the ride. That ride so lacks in imagination it is ridiculous. The others that I can think of include; Mission Space, JII, The Seas, Three Cabiarios in Mexico, Buzz Lightyear. I am sick of the video game ride. These rides need more disnification.

Figment632

I wish that the video screen ride was not so popular. There is only one audio animatronic in Toy Story Mania and that is not even part of the ride. That ride so lacks in imagination it is ridiculous. The others that I can think of include; Mission Space, JII, The Seas, Three Cabiarios in Mexico, Buzz Lightyear. I am sick of the video game ride. These rides need more disnification.

Agreed I hope TSM is the last for along time.

Thrill Seeker

Not entirely true...

Mission: Space couldn't have really been pulled off any other way. It is a simulator for Pete's sake... Nemo just didn't have the room to become an elaborate dark ride. It was built in between two giant aquariums the entire ride, so that was probably the best that could be done. Gran Fiesta Tour was a minor rehab, but it made what was already there a lot better. JII does have animatronics of Figment in many spots throughout the ride. Buzz also has AAs in various places. It was designed that way to fit the Toy Story theme. It looks like something out of a video game because that's what it's suppose to look like. TSMM is another example of a ride that could only be pulled off the way it is.

I wouldn't say any of those have a lack of imagination, except for maybe JIIwF, but instead used the space they had to the best extent they could.

cococola44

I just went to Epcot last week and did some rides I had not done in several years. Most of what I have done at Epcot over the last few years is SSE, TT, Energy, Space, TTWC (had not been on the ride), and all of World Showcase. I finally did the latest version of Imagination and the Living Seas. I have to say they were both huge disappointments. I suspect these are cost saving redos from the Eisner years, however to be in service this long is pathetic. These rides are no better then the one dark ride at Santa's Village in New Hampshire. They are aweful. Can anyone tell me if these two rides are going to be redone anytime soon? Will there be a re-Walt Disnification of these two rides? What is the future story for these rides? I really wish Epcot Center of 1982 was back in full swing!

You should see the imagination they replaced the old one with lol it SUCKED this one isn't as bad

ryno1982

Journey into Imagination with Figment is horrible, but Nemo isn't that bad. Nemo in California on the other hand is a disaster. The projections are far less quality, there's more extended periods of darkness, and overall it's just too long and irritating. The Seas is an abbreviated version of the ride, but IMO that's a good thing. Plus we have the Kuka arm angler fish.

EPCOT Explorer

Preach on brother EPCOT.......:sohappy::sohappy:
I like nemo but leave it in the movies!!!!

Yes what a great day it will be to see the clown fish die!

Indeed!:king::cool:
That one is new to me...
I've heard it here and a few other places. Hopefully it is reputable. :wave:

You're fooling yourself you know. Nemo and the rest of PIxar's work will continue growing in popularity because other then Cars they are all masterpieces.

I see them as good movies, but not classics. Not yet. We'll see....

....Hopefully the ride is stale and gone.:D:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

I second this!!!!!!!!

Or it could be called SEA CASTLE!!!

Heh.:D I like this very much.

Honestly, I know Horizons is gone, and won't be back, but they could have used a ton of it's backstory.

For example...The SSE Time Station= Future Port. Mission Space= Brava Centuri...

There's a ton of material to be used.

EPCOTPluto

TLM= MK!:fork::lol: We want futurism! :D Sea Base BETA! ;)
Perhaps if the main characters wore futuristic diving suits... :lookaroun:lol:

Honestly, I know Horizons is gone, and won't be back, but they could have used a ton of it's backstory.

For example...The SSE Time Station= Future Port. Mission Space= Brava Centuri...

Hmmm... what come to mind...

30s-50s View of the Future ~ SSE or JII (somehow)
Mesa Verde ~ Living With The Land
Nova Cite ~ Test Track (or Carousel of Progress :lookaroun)

EPCOT Explorer

Perhaps if the main characters wore futuristic diving suits... :lookaroun:lol:

Hmmm... what come to mind...

30s-50s View of the Future ~ SSE or JII (somehow)
Mesa Verde ~ Living With The Land
Nova Cite ~ Test Track (or Carousel of Progress :lookaroun)

Exactly!:D

Funnily enough, the version of the CoP that existed in the 80's and had Now Is The Time had the city of EPCOT as a view in the "present" scene.:D:sohappy:

Figment632

Heh.:D I like this very much.

Yes and maybe even a little Mesa Verde scene at the end of LWTL!

SirGoofy

:rolleyes::fork: You are killing me today.:D

Well, at the END of it's life, TLS was like that. At the beginning? I don't think so.

Well duh! Of course it wasn't stale in the 80s. It was brand new!:lol:

But honestly, even an updated version of the original pavilion would bore guests out of their minds today. It was a boring pavilion, and it was the only one from EPCOT I could say that about.

EPCOT Explorer

Well duh! Of course it wasn't stale in the 80s. It was brand new!:lol:

But honestly, even an updated version of the original pavilion would bore guests out of their minds today. It was a boring pavilion, and it was the only one from EPCOT I could say that about.
I am surprised you are so closed minded about this! :lol: What was boring about it? You had the Preshow- the Hydrolaters (quite the awesome and realistic illusion)- Sea Cabs- and the main Sea Base to explore. It's not a thrill a minute, I realize that it, but it's not boring.:shrug: At least to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom