Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Bocabear

I don't know that it's a weirder fit, but I think Club Cool was much, much smaller -- and not really a permanent installation either.
Exactly! And Ice Station Cool was merely the entrance to what had already been an operational pavilion...and it was very well done...with the ice cave and all. They did not completely change the architecture of the area. and yes, not permanent and removed during another refurbishment. It is a world away from tearing down half of the building and putting in a tropical island landscape...in an otherwise very modern plaza.

Poseidon Quest

Is it anymore of a weird fit in the hub then Ice Station Cool was?

At the very least, it was a unique, thematically interesting walkthrough. Also, yeah I would say that it does kind of fit, especially with its entrance right next to the Fountain of Nations.

It was obviously an advertisement, but the idea of being themed to global soft drink tastes and learning about what appeals to different cultures was thinly educational and thematically consistent for Epcot. I suppose the new location still offers a bit of information about the different drinks, but I think that it's probably obligatory because Coca-Cola wanted it there, not because Disney did. They clearly put as little effort into this as possible and the space seems ripe for reuse or expansion of Creations if they ever decided that it needed to be gone.

TheMaxRebo

Ooh, if they're going to start redoing the pavement throughout World Nature, I'm totally here for it.
Yeah looks like trying to make the walkway in the attra room blend more into the walkway in that area - whether they do all of a world Nature, not sure but maybe just blending it a bit

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sadly I fear The Zach's social media days are no more.
I do feel bad for the guy, honestly. It seems as though he was put in a terrible position by management and regardless of whether he had the ideas and PR/marketing provided the fluff or if he was just the mouthpiece for someone else's terrible PR ideas, he absorbed a lot of punishment on social media (and here). I'm not hiding from my own hammering and derision of those posts, but after a while it was clear he wasn't behind them and the ire was aimed at those behind the curtains.

Now, if he was truly the creative lead behind Epcot's changes, all the criticism by many is warranted. He has to own that, but I'm not sure he really understands why it's been so harshly criticized. :(

FigmentFan82

The thing is they really have no shortage of what could be very cool BTS looks at past present and future projects, and almost anything in an around the resort

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom