DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today.

IMG_5936.jpeg
IMG_5941.jpeg
IMG_5943.jpeg

co10064

Premium Member
In the story just out about August being Princess month it mentions Journey of Water opening "Late 2023" - so not even Fall anymore

"Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana – Opening Late 2023
Set off down an interactive trail that celebrates water and its playful personality."

View attachment 735474

I'm almost certain they just recycled the wording from the same post from "Princess Week" last year, which at the time was a late 2023 opening. So I'm not reading too much into it.

TheMaxRebo

I'm almost certain they just recycled the wording from the same post from "Princess Week" last year, which at the time was a late 2023 opening. So I'm not reading too much into it.

Yeah, that is probably just it ... Just jumped out at me for them to highlight this but then if anything have a more vague/further out timeline (but probably just copy-paste)

GimpYancIent

TheMaxRebo

Ok, ok please clarify, what is the water doing?

Per a report from the CM previews, some features include:
- Water harps that you can play by passing your hand under a series of water strings
- A waterfall curtain that parts for you when you pass through it
- Leaping fountains that you can direct
- Collaborative effects where more people gathering around creates larger fountains
- The ability to high-five the water, with the fountain aiming for your hand to meet you high or low
- A children's play area with spitting kakamora"

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Location disputes aside, I think the biggest issue here is how it is being presented.

Using “magic” to give a thing fun characteristics it doesn’t normally possess is expected. That’s, like, page 1 in the edutainment playbook. The problem is suggesting those gags are legitimate in a teaching context.

Water is an inert substance which obeys the laws of physics. It doesn’t have a “playful personality.” It would be like advertising the Figment ride with a blurb saying “learn about how your imagination loves to make you smell skunk.”

doctornick

Location disputes aside, I think the biggest issue here is how it is being presented.

Using “magic” to give a thing fun characteristics it doesn’t normally possess is expected. That’s, like, page 1 in the edutainment playbook. The problem is suggesting those gags are legitimate in a teaching context.

Water is an inert substance which obeys the laws of physics. It doesn’t have a “playful personality.” It would be like advertising the Figment ride with a blurb saying “learn about how your imagination loves to make you smell skunk.”
You mean like pretending there’s little people in your body controlling various body parts?

No Name

You mean like pretending there’s little people in your body controlling various body parts?
Are you talking about Inside Out, which gives character to emotions in a way that serves to strengthen the message of the movie? Ironically Moana’s use of water works too. But trying to tie this magic to the basic scientific process of the water cycle… that makes absolutely no sense and is also just really lame.

This would be like if Aladdin tried to incorporate a message about the gravity of carpets. Or if Toy Story was about the properties of plastic. Or if Iron Man was about the anatomy of the heart. Or if Star Wars… okay I’ll stop.

Disney is good at using magic to further themes, not to literally explain science.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom