Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MrPromey

Yay, I'm ignored by someone who doesn't cite their source or the scientific evidence!

Not to mention that nobody here is arguing that caffeine isn't a diuretic or disputing what the term diuretic means.

I just think it's funny he took my throwaway hydration comment in the most literal sense possible and decided to really double-down on that, still being wrong on the details while ignoring my main point about misters being kind of useless around here, all before taking his ball and going home. 🤷‍♂️

MrPromey

I think the water cycle, something fundamentally rooted in real world physics, is actually a very boring, irrelevant, and generally poor choice to haphazardly tie in with a character that moves water in magical ways. It would be like if Frozen Ever After started educating you on the freezing and melting points of water as Elsa shoots ice out of her hands.
I don't know but whatever it is, we're stuck with it.

Hopefully, they make some real attempt to maintain it over time.

brettf22

Premium Member
And caffeine's diuretic effect is mostly seen in timing of urination, not over all urination. Caffeine stimulates an initial urination, but that effect isn't continuous. Someone taking caffeine doesn't urinate more over time compared to not taking caffeine.
Comes to thread to read about the Journey of Water attraction. Gets educated about an altogether different Journey of Water.

Richie248

Moana Journey of Water is better than what was there prior...underutilized buildings. I think this is a smart use of space in the hub which otherwise would be pathways and general landscaping. Am I clamoring to journey along with the water? No. But I look forward to walking through when it opens....

TheMaxRebo

So I see there is a new Florida Resident Explorer ticket option out there which gives you 2 park days to be used at EPCOT and/or AK fro $159 and valid from Aug 1 to Sept 29 ... so maybe an indication this won't open until after Sept 29th?

Bocabear

Moana Journey of Water is better than what was there prior...underutilized buildings. I think this is a smart use of space in the hub which otherwise would be pathways and general landscaping. Am I clamoring to journey along with the water? No. But I look forward to walking through when it opens....
That is always the thing..."it is better than what was there"...and what was there had been left to sit and become stale for decades.... The building was large enough to house a fairly large attraction... Look at the footprint of the Fantasyland dark rides... you could have fit several in this space... or something on-theme with the park . All water under the bridge now and we will be stuck with the water walk-through forever or until maintenance becomes a bother and they quietly shutter it for another decade or so...

J4546

That is always the thing..."it is better than what was there"...and what was there had been left to sit and become stale for decades.... The building was large enough to house a fairly large attraction... Look at the footprint of the Fantasyland dark rides... you could have fit several in this space... or something on-theme with the park . All water under the bridge now and we will be stuck with the water walk-through forever or until maintenance becomes a bother and they quietly shutter it for another decade or so...
you cant build dark rides like they did in fantasyland anymore due to strict building codes. They may have been able to fit one though, but it woulda probably been something like little mermaid or something.....Im looking forward to JoW but I know some people def arent on this board.

lazyboy97o

you cant build dark rides like they did in fantasyland anymore due to strict building codes. They may have been able to fit one though, but it woulda probably been something like little mermaid or something.....Im looking forward to JoW but I know some people def arent on this board.
Surely you can tell us which part of the EPCOT Building Code defines the minimum size of a dark ride.

J4546

Surely you can tell us which part of the EPCOT Building Code defines the minimum size of a dark ride.
no, Im just saying building codes are drastically different today vs 60 years ago. You could not build a fantasyland style grouping of rides as they were built 60+ years ago today

lazyboy97o

no, Im just saying building codes are drastically different today vs 60 years ago. You could not build a fantasyland style grouping of rides as they were built 60+ years ago today
You’re again just repeating something that is not true. There are no overall minimum size requirements for special amusement assembly occupancies. Nor are there prohibitions on having multiple rides right next to or even above/below each other. A cluster of small dark rides absolutely could be built today, they could even be built all within the same building.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You’re again just repeating something that is not true. There are no overall minimum size requirements for special amusement assembly occupancies. Nor are there prohibitions on having multiple rides right next to or even above/below each other. A cluster of small dark rides absolutely could be built today, they could even be built all within the same building.

Two rides in the same building? What kind of sorcery is this?? FoP and NRJ, for example, are in separate buildings... aren't they? Wait... they aren't???

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

So they couldn't have possibly utilized the existing buildings, that's what you're saying?

Bzzzt!!! Incorrect.

J4546

I'm sorry I didn't mean that 2 or more rides couldn't share the same building I phrased it poorly. I mean modern building code things like disabled acces and fire codes prohibit the kind of rides classic fantasyland has being built in that way ever again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom