Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

TheMaxRebo

Iā€™m not fully up on the details, so am I incorrect in assuming this will feature some kind of mist/little splash and therefore slight cooling aspect? If so, Iā€™d guess there would be no shortage of folks walking through it in the heat on the way from one place to another for years to come - kind of like Club Cool.

There will be two paths you can take, one that stays dry and one that you may get wet. There are interactive elements to it where hand motions make the water go, etc. Supposed to be integration with MB+

SilentWindODoom

I think the current Park Exit Bypass is also causing headaches. Once the spine is open, the bypass will close and the access to World Nature will be only from the central World Celebration area (and Imagination! if coming from the south). Closing that path off should help with making that corner of the park a proper corner.

There will be a permanent pathway where the current one is, as far as I've known during the project. I've been looking forward to this opening up the dead end that is The Seas and adding more through traffic.

Actually, on thinking of what's stuck back there in the dead end... is it possible the weird concrete thing they're building is larger and more prominent signage for Coral Reef? I don't know how much traffic it gets now, but it looks almost backstage and it would be nice to plus the area.

lazyboy97o

it is next to Seas, and within vision of The Land, it doesn't HAVE to be between the two to be part of Nature. Perhaps one's view of what decides borders is the issue?
Where did I say anything about not being between the pavilions? It could be between them and still be spatially disconnected. If you were to look at an unlabeled plan of the park you wouldnā€™t group those three things as being together as a distinct thing.

WorldExplorer

There will be two paths you can take, one that stays dry and one that you may get wet. There are interactive elements to it where hand motions make the water go, etc. Supposed to be integration with MB+

This makes the attraction sound like one of those "free to play" games where the actual worthwhile stuff is locked behind paywalls. Except I don't spend over a hundred dollars just to have access to those games.

TheMaxRebo

This makes the attraction sound like one of those "free to play" games where the actual worthwhile stuff is locked behind paywalls. Except I don't spend over a hundred dollars just to have access to those games.

Shouldn't have to pay anything extra to do most of it - but guess we shall see

James Alucobond

A Journey of Water-styled light fixture has been added to the mystery area (i.e. not in the site plan) near the attraction's support building. They also seem to be preparing to pave the area in a manner consistent with Journey of Water.
jow_fixture.png

UNCgolf

A Journey of Water-styled light fixture has been added to the mystery area (i.e. not in the site plan) near the attraction's support building. They also seem to be preparing to pave the area in a manner consistent with Journey of Water.
View attachment 731475

Maybe this is where they're building the water splash/play area?

There didn't seem to be one in the original concept, but wasn't there something recently that suggested there would be a play area?

DreamfinderGuy

I agree with that. The placement issue (aside from Moana and the poly/Adventureland/AK ascetic - which could easily be tweaked to better fit) is how it took over a 1/4 of the plaza but faces World Nature. And, it feels more disconnected from World Nature than you may think when there in person. Had it been more integrated into World Nature and/or had multiple entrances, connecting it to World Celebration (being the gateway into World Nature, so to speak, from World Celebration), it would have been a great idea.

This isn't a bad attraction across the board. It's a solid idea that was implemented with a number of very large problems.
This is something that exposes just how flawed the new gerrymandered Future World plan is. It's as if a five year old drew on a park map with a crayon and they made those lines the official dividers. Disney released that nice clean graphic a few years back where it all looks even (and I think this is what most people think it really is in the park), but the real borders of each land are abysmal. Future World as it stands today is very blatantly something that was designed for a purpose it is no longer made to fulfill. If this were a brand new theme park and the lands were divided up in the insane way that they're divided up Future World everyone here would be up in arms.

celluloid

In 2024 a major theme park is gojng to have a splash pad playground and meet and greets with an indoor show and rethemed rollercoaster with playground.
Of course I am speaking of DreamWorks st Universal Studios.

Does Moana really good a chance with just being a walk thru splash pad?

It is also all happening with only a year and a half of construction time.

DCBaker

Premium Member
View attachment 731475

Hereā€™s another photo of that area from today.

IMG_5740.jpeg

Additional landscaping has also started going in.

IMG_5742.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Iā€™m not fully up on the details, so am I incorrect in assuming this will feature some kind of mist/little splash and therefore slight cooling aspect? If so, Iā€™d guess there would be no shortage of folks walking through it in the heat on the way from one place to another for years to come - kind of like Club Cool.
I donā€™t think you can walk through this ā€œon the way from one place to anotherā€ as such. I think the exit and entrance are pretty close to each other. Sure, walking through it on a hot day will be popular but if Iā€™m understanding it correctly I think the original idea of being able to walk through it on the way to The Seas was dropped in favour of it being a circular walk-thru exhibit.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Video yesterday of a good amount of water flowing under the construction walls yesterday. Not sure if leaks or if things will just be splashing and running down walkways but not a good sign imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom