Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Actually yes... Let it quietly open as part of the revitalized central core and let it go... They far too often lean on "over promise and Under- deliver"...when they need to do the opposite. Don't hype it... let guests discover it as a little magical detail instead of screaming about their new attraction that will just disappoint after the heavy marketing....
because let's face it, no one is going to plan a trip to EPCOT to see this...
The hype is in here...not Disney. They have made a couple Disney parks videos about it, like they do for every change. Big whoop.

celluloid

The hype is in here...not Disney. They have made a couple Disney parks videos about it, like they do for every change. Big whoop.

It had its own segment on Good Morning America. That reads funny, and the show constantly needs filler and synergy, but they definitely gave it a similar amount of time to Tron.

Far more than it deserves.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Disney is really doing a disservice to hype this up because it’s literally an interactive water feature and I’ve heard people walk by it thinking it’s a ride!
yeah... but the term "ride" is often used in place of "attraction". So, I don't know that the expectations are specifically for a true ride.

Bocabear

When people that have not been following Disney news go to the park and see the entrance and queue, they will assume it is an actual ride....and not just a water feature walk through area... the word "attraction" is often used to fill up a roster list to sound good... Wow 46 attractions! three of those are bathrooms...lol

MagicRat

I haven’t watched Southpark in over 20 years but I instantly thought of the simulated line episode. Then the kids bought the ride photo of them on the simulated line. I am calling shenanigans!

HauntedMansionFLA

Actually yes... Let it quietly open as part of the revitalized central core and let it go... They far too often lean on "over promise and Under- deliver"...when they need to do the opposite. Don't hype it... let guests discover it as a little magical detail instead of screaming about their new attraction that will just disappoint after the heavy marketing....
because let's face it, no one is going to plan a trip to EPCOT to see this...
I agrwe with you. Josh needs to go

celluloid

When people that have not been following Disney news go to the park and see the entrance and queue, they will assume it is an actual ride....and not just a water feature walk through area... the word "attraction" is often used to fill up a roster list to sound good... Wow 46 attractions! three of those are bathrooms...lol

Particularly if they saw the park building that venue three years ago on their last visit. Its fair to presume it is more than what this is.

mysto

I've often said there's no ROI on bathrooms, thank you for setting me straight sir.

jinx8402

Yesterday (the 25th) was first day of Cast Member previews and they run though Aug 19th.
Oh man, that doesn't give me hope that I'd get to check this out when I'm there from the 19th-26th. I'm assuming after CM previews they'll likely do DVC and other targeted previews before opening to the public. Hoping I'm wrong. Even though this is nothing major, always nice to see something new on our trips.

TheMaxRebo

Oh man, that doesn't give me hope that I'd get to check this out when I'm there from the 19th-26th. I'm assuming after CM previews they'll likely do DVC and other targeted previews before opening to the public. Hoping I'm wrong. Even though this is nothing major, always nice to see something new on our trips.

Looking at past things, for Tron there was a big gap b/w CM previews and public opening but for MMRR it was just 2 days later that the regular opening was after CM previews end

I am there a bit later than you (our Epcot day is August 30) and hopefully but definitely no guarantee

And agree, while nothing monumental it is always nice to get to experience anything new

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Walt Disney World Ambassadors have posted a sneak peek of the new Cast Member costumes for Journey of Water and The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

IMG_073B66B45196-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom