Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Bocabear

nice thing, poor location....
Sadly way too late to do anything about it...So... I can hope it will be delightful...I mean, who doesn't want a bit of Polynesia in their Futureworld? lol

lazyboy97o

And yet, the Poly tower construction has continued at a brisk and uninterrupted pace...
The supply chain issues with construction materials have not been uniform and consistent. Some materials are impossible to find while others are in abundance. Construction workers are also not generalists and the availability of certain trades varies.

The tower is also in a phase of work where changes are easy to see. With almost every project people comment about how fast a project is moving while vertical structure is erected because it is so easy to see the work progress.

Splashin' Ryan

The supply chain issues with construction materials have not been uniform and consistent. Some materials are impossible to find while others are in abundance. Construction workers are also not generalists and the availability of certain trades varies.

The tower is also in a phase of work where changes are easy to see. With almost every project people comment about how fast a project is moving while vertical structure is erected because it is so easy to see the work progress.
Yep and then everyone loves to also say how something "only has the finishing touches left!" for a whole year or two 😅

Epcot82Guy

I still dont think this is as poor placement as others think lol. If it didnt have moana in it and was just the journey of water an interactive lifecycle of water walkthrough people would prob think it fits better
I agree with that. The placement issue (aside from Moana and the poly/Adventureland/AK ascetic - which could easily be tweaked to better fit) is how it took over a 1/4 of the plaza but faces World Nature. And, it feels more disconnected from World Nature than you may think when there in person. Had it been more integrated into World Nature and/or had multiple entrances, connecting it to World Celebration (being the gateway into World Nature, so to speak, from World Celebration), it would have been a great idea.

This isn't a bad attraction across the board. It's a solid idea that was implemented with a number of very large problems.

Bocabear

There is nothing about Future World...that particularly is set in the jungle...nothing about the common areas outside of the pavilions that feel like a tropical island jungle setting fits. ...you know what I meant...lol

dreday3

There is nothing about Future World...that particularly is set in the jungle...nothing about the common areas outside of the pavilions that feel like a tropical island jungle setting fits. ...you know what I meant...lol

If this was built inside a pavilion dedicated to World Nature (or something) - would you feel better about it? Is it because it's outside and doesn't fit in with the rest of the more concrete aesthetic? Serious question.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My thoughts about this have remained unchanged when it first began. It's a pretty area, that will be a nice distraction for a few moments when its new, but it will quickly be bypassed by anyone who has seen it before, and eventually effects will start to fail. There are better areas that are similar already at WDW - thinking of Pandora.

The center of the park could/should have been something truly impressive, and I don't think this is it. A missed opportunity.

Skibum1970

Water is really hard to get right. By that, I mean that it is hard to make a waterfall work because you cannot have enough volume or height to really replicate a waterfall. Wilderness Lodge does a good job but the water from that Journey of Water video seemed a little weak. Maybe they didn't have it flowing at peak or maybe it is very difficult to capture on video. Of course, it could simply be that it isn't that kind of waterfall but more water feature.

Disney Analyst

My thoughts about this have remained unchanged when it first began. It's a pretty area, that will be a nice distraction for a few moments when its new, but it will quickly be bypassed by anyone who has seen it before, and eventually effects will start to fail. There are better areas that are similar already at WDW - thinking of Pandora.

The center of the park could/should have been something truly impressive, and I don't think this is it. A missed opportunity.

I'd also bet people would care less IF this hadn't taken so long, if SSE had it's refurb / upgrades, IF the original pedestal festival centre was built (maybe? I know some dislike the design), IF the UK got it's little Mary Poppins expansion, IF Wonders of Life had reopened with it's new theme, etc. etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom