Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Gran Fiesta

Speaking for myself at least, we have targeted that week in the past (and now) as our schools are still out but much of the country (including Florida) has gone back so it has been lower crowds due to that .... Hoping it holds true
This will be our first time going the last week of August. It sounds like you have been during this week before in the past, do you normally have a good trip? I know it will still be extremely hot, but I can handle that if the crowds are light.

Mireille

Premium Member
You are now the 4th person including myself on this board that is going the last week of August. Kind of wild, guess we are all going for the *hopefully* light crowds.
I haven't been there in the actual summer since probably the 1980s when I was still in school. Nowadays I always tend to go sometime September-October or April-May. I booked August this year because of the resort deals that were available at the time and knowing schools would be back in session in Florida, not really knowing if I'd actually follow through on it. I've found that just having something on the calendar to look forward to makes the day-to-day easier to deal with.

Mireille

Premium Member
This will be our first time going the last week of August. It sounds like you have been during this week before in the past, do you normally have a good trip? I know it will still be extremely hot, but I can handle that if the crowds are light.
That's what I'm hoping!

TheMaxRebo

We have had good trips in the past for sure. It is definitely hot (though we have gone in October and it has been just as hot). In the past they always had longer hours so was easy to take mid-day breaks ... now the listed hours aren't as long, but still. We deifnitely plan for either mid day breaks or to arrive later. Bring water and cooling towels, etc.

Basically - it is hot, but not any hotter than much of the year and the lower crowds more than make up for it

Gran Fiesta

We have had good trips in the past for sure. It is definitely hot (though we have gone in October and it has been just as hot). In the past they always had longer hours so was easy to take mid-day breaks ... now the listed hours aren't as long, but still. We deifnitely plan for either mid day breaks or to arrive later. Bring water and cooling towels, etc.

Basically - it is hot, but not any hotter than much of the year and the lower crowds more than make up for it
The last time we went was December 2022 and the temperature was amazing and I hardly broke a sweat, but man was it crowded. Even rope dropping there was a lot of people and high wait times which is what we expected. This time we are trying to get the opposite of what we had. So a lot hotter, but a lot less crowds and shorter wait times. Also, we went for the Christmas party last year and are going for the Halloween party this year. Wife has never been to the Halloween party and is very excited.

Gran Fiesta

I haven't been there in the actual summer since probably the 1980s when I was still in school. Nowadays I always tend to go sometime September-October or April-May. I booked August this year because of the resort deals that were available at the time and knowing schools would be back in session in Florida, not really knowing if I'd actually follow through on it. I've found that just having something on the calendar to look forward to makes the day-to-day easier to deal with.
This was kind of the same thing that happened to us. My wife wanted to experience the Halloween party and we figured this would be the best week to experience it with the lower crowds. We don't have children yet so we were hoping most of the country was back in school at that point.

TheMaxRebo

The last time we went was December 2022 and the temperature was amazing and I hardly broke a sweat, but man was it crowded. Even rope dropping there was a lot of people and high wait times which is what we expected. This time we are trying to get the opposite of what we had. So a lot hotter, but a lot less crowds and shorter wait times. Also, we went for the Christmas party last year and are going for the Halloween party this year. Wife has never been to the Halloween party and is very excited.

Nice! We are actually doing the Halloween Party for the first time as well. Happened to fall on one of the "cheapest" dates and kinda figured if not now then probably never

Gran Fiesta

Nice! We are actually doing the Halloween Party for the first time as well. Happened to fall on one of the "cheapest" dates and kinda figured if not now then probably never
I have done the Halloween Party before as a child and I really enjoyed it. This is my first time doing it as an adult now and I think I will still enjoy it just as much. Getting to ride the rides so late into the night now is a big plus. Back when I went as a child, Magic Kingdom seemed to almost always be open till midnight. Now it seems you have to go to one of the parties to get that perk.

SilentWindODoom

Aside from the construction blocking a secondary exit near the restrooms where temporary walls have been installed, there's literally no interplay whatsoever. Journey of Water is fenced off from the rest of the hub.

"Interplay" meaning the relationship between the two. As in, they share a border, and how does that affect the transition and the way the back of JoW is presented on the Hub. Whether the plantings match or there's a slow change in plantings and what you can see from where, etc.

Disstevefan1

It’s interesting that it is Sept. 22. We know TWDC fiscal year starts on Oct. 1.

Is there a financial reason to open before the new fiscal year starts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom