Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer boy

marni1971 said:
The company has made "mistakes" they were warned about before construction

Ah yes, very true! Great point. Like in the case of the rocket rods, they decided to cut corners and not bank the turns on the former People Mover track. Which is insane, you can't have a ride going at that kind of speed without banked turns! Any engineer would've told them that, but they didn't listen and built it anyway, and we all know how big of a disaster that was.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Notice how Wannabe disappered when you brought up the facts. How convienent
Nope... didn't disappear at all. Just busy.... As to those facts... it's still a representation of some fan boys personal view without knowing ALL THE FACTS.

Any business can have ups and downs, but when looked at on an overall level, the number of mistakes made by Disney are on par with out MAJOR corporations and are a fairly low number when you see all the successes. No mistakes means no progressive thought and not working for the future.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Nope... didn't disappear at all. Just busy.... As to those facts... it's still a representation of some fan boys personal view without knowing ALL THE FACTS.

Any business can have ups and downs, but when looked at on an overall level, the number of mistakes made by Disney are on par with out MAJOR corporations and are a fairly low number when you see all the successes. No mistakes means no progressive thought and not working for the future.

the only fan boy who doesnt know or want to know the facts is YOU!

jmvd20

Lewis Carroll said:
:rolleyes:

Son let me tell you something, in the entertainment business...ONE mistake is too many.

:rolleyes: Sure, and based upon that logic Disney should be out of business correct? :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Sure Disney makes mistakes but look at all the success they have had as well. There have been many decisions in recent years that I do not like but you have to take the good with the bad. Looking back on decisions made in the past and criticizing them is easy, making the decisions is the hard part. Mistakes can be the best learning tool in the world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wannab@dis said:
As to those facts... it's still a representation of some fan boys personal view without knowing ALL THE FACTS.

Am I some fan boy? We all know TWDC have made far more right decisions than wrong ones. I`d be happy to back up my `representation` with fact.

abian

imagineer boy said:
Have you ever been there? Trust me, it is worth whining about. I only liked one ride that wasn't a clone, the themeing is drab, and it was flat out boring.
All I know is after being to disneyland, MK is just flat out boring.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
the only fan boy who doesnt know or want to know the facts is YOU!
No, you're sitting there as some self-righteous armchair imagineer looking BACK at projects and claiming mistakes. So what? Mistakes happen when corporations strive for growth. The problem is that most of the people on these forums have zero knowledge about running a business. They're clueless about the nuts and bolts of budgets and capital expenditures. They just sit back and claim how something was a mistake in HINDSIGHT.

You have absolutely no idea how things evolved, just the final result. That's not enough to make these grand claims of a mistake ridden company.

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
Am I some fan boy? We all know TWDC have made far more right decisions than wrong ones. I`d be happy to back up my `representation` with fact.
Yes, you are a fan boy. Just like the rest of us. And your claims are mainly hindsight and historical information.

I'm glad to see that at least you can note "TWDC have made far more right decisions than wrong ones" as fact. Wrong decisions are a fact of life when a company has to grow while at the same time protect their investments and core products.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Yes, you are a fan boy. Just like the rest of us. And your claims are mainly hindsight and historical information.

I'm glad to see that at least you can note "TWDC have made far more right decisions than wrong ones" as fact. Wrong decisions are a fact of life when a company has to grow while at the same time protect their investments and core products.

I think we all agree that TWDC has had some good decisions and some bad decisions. Only one Disney resort in the world is truly being considered a financial failure and that is EuroDisney. Iger is doing exactly what needs to be done by fixing the mistakes and errors that are currently present in the parks instead of building more parks that in less than a year after they are opened will need a major overhaul.

CoffeeJedi

I can't even tell what you people are fighting about! To me the argument looks like this:

Lewis Carroll: Disney's made some mistakes!
wannab@dis: NO! Disney's made SOME mistakes!
Lewis Carroll: NO YOU'RE WRONG! THEY'VE MADE SOME MISTAKES!!!!
wannab@dis: You have no idea how to run a business! Disney has made some mistakes!!!

Its like you're agreeing to disagree without realizing it.
Hey, the company leadership made some mistakes. Some of which i'm upset about (Pressler and Harris's neglect of Walt's park that lead to someone's death) and some that noone could have forseen, and they're working to correct. (DCA, while not up to expectations, is easily fixable with some hard work and investment, and they're doing it now). But in the end, don't we all want our favorite company to succeed?

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
The problem is that most of the people on these forums have zero knowledge about running a business.

Yes but I do have knowledge of running a business. DO YOU?

jedimaster1227 said:
I think we all agree that TWDC has had some good decisions and some bad decisions. Only one Disney resort in the world is truly being considered a financial failure and that is EuroDisney. Iger is doing exactly what needs to be done by fixing the mistakes and errors that are currently present in the parks instead of building more parks that in less than a year after they are opened will need a major overhaul.

Yea but what do you know about business! your just an ignorant fanboy like the rest of us and dont have the knowledge mysterious top secret magic forces that is secretly used to run a business! :rolleyes:

PurpleDragon

Um LewisCarroll, do you have some sort of personal grudge against Wannab@dis? Every response you have made towards wannab@dis have been indignant and angry, this thread was about rumors of a rehash of JII, and you have turned it into a personal stage for you to use to attack wannab@dis.

Please if you have a grudge please handle it in PMs, please do not make the rest of us participate in your petty differences.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
PurpleDragon said:
Um LewisCarroll, do you have some sort of personal grudge against Wannab@dis? Every response you have made towards wannab@dis have been indignant and angry, this thread was about rumors of a rehash of JII, and you have turned it into a personal stage for you to use to attack wannab@dis.

Please if you have a grudge please handle it in PMs, please do not make the rest of us participate in your petty differences.

I do have a real problem with wannab@dis however you are correct that this is not the place to argue with him and so I would like to get back at the topic at hand. The possible return of DREAMFINDER!

EpcotServo

Lewis Carroll said:
Spend Millions of dollars on a carnival attraction that supposedly "simulates" space travel (yea right) which has now turned into a black eye for the
Hey! Black eye, sure. carnival attraction, no way. Heck, I'm a big Horizons fan, but don't be dissin' M:S. And what do you mean "yea right"? Have you even ever been on Mission: Space? And how do you know what space travel feels like?

Space Mountain

Originally Posted by Lewis Carroll

Spend Millions of dollars on a carnival attraction that supposedly "simulates" space travel (yea right) which has now turned into a black eye for the

A giant carnival attraction with A LOT more power:dazzle:

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
I do have a real problem with wannab@dis however you are correct that this is not the place to argue with him and so I would like to get back at the topic at hand. The possible return of DREAMFINDER!
The problem is lack of ability for a simple discussion without getting all uptight. Keep up your annoying behavior and I'm sure everyone will get fed up with you.

I've not had the argumentative attitude that you've shown in most of your posts. In fact, I've tried hard to keep it as civil as possible but you seem to be incapable of doing likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom