Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Imagination pavillion will get a much-needed rehab, but only after other pavillons have been refurbished. The latest version of the ride is only four years old, so older rides are going to get the attention first.

aszelinski

I'm glad to hear they are replacing HISTA, although I like it, it is time for a change... besides when you see the signs for HISTA on sale at mousesurplus.com there must be change in the air.:wave:

FigmentJedi

Figment571 said:
Hey how 'bout they add

PE- WEE!!!

You know with Figment and Dreamfinder!:drevil:
Well, at least Pe Wee would make Dreamfinder less creepy in comparison to the peoples who think Dreamfinder's creepy...

abian

jedimaster1227 said:
For SSE, a connection at the Construction company working on that project.

For the HISTA replacement film, a person that worked on the film.

Is that vague enough to answer your question, because I don't want any confusion (but I don't want to risk any of my sources' security either).
Would you be kind to share more information about these two new projects (SSE especially) ? or any time frame for them? (SSE especially) Thank you.

jedimaster1227

comics101 said:
if it's last for Disney, are you saying it hasn't only been pushed back a couple months, but maybe a couple years??

I meant that it is one of the last projects to be on the taxi-way to start. That doesn't mean it will be years until it happens, it just means it could be a couple more months then projected before it is actually started.

Would you be kind to share more information about these two new projects (SSE especially) ? or any time frame for them? (SSE especially) Thank you.

For Imagination, you can look at the report on my site to see it.

For SSE, what we know right now is that the work done during the update brought by AT&T will be removed and changed. There will be a new finale, with a possible return of the space ship/ Space Station inside of the Space scene. Also, the Global Neighborhood will be updated. That is it so far.

comics101

jedimaster1227 said:
I meant that it is one of the last projects to be on the taxi-way to start. That doesn't mean it will be years until it happens, it just means it could be a couple more months then projected before it is actually started.

Thanks alot!

jedimaster1227

I'm guessing that thanks wasn't sarcastic, so I will say, "No problem! :wave:"

We are just going to have to wait and see what the future of WDW holds because, it will be amazing when it is all done. :animwink:

comics101

jedimaster1227 said:
I'm guessing that thanks wasn't sarcastic, so I will say, "No problem! :wave:"

We are just going to have to wait and see what the future of WDW holds because, it will be amazing when it is all done. :animwink:

it wasn't.:) sorry if it sounded like it was.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
I think it's high time for everyone to figure out that Disney is NOT in the business of making stupid decisions that hurt the business.

Purchase of Fox family and Go networks?

Oversaturating the market with Stitch merchandise to the point that the charecter is now on the verge of being viewed as annoying by the general public in the same vain as paris hilton?

Making the decision to get rid of all equipment to make 2D animated movies which will now cost the company alot of money to reacquire?

Promoting the wrong people such as Paul Pressler, Cynthia Harris, and David Stainton. Who do not understand what Disney is all about and have helped run the company into the ground.

Spend Millions of dollars on a carnival attraction that supposedly "simulates" space travel (yea right) which has now turned into a black eye for the company.

Disney's California Adventure anyone?

I have seen Disney make tons of stupid decisions in the past few years.

The only thing that gets old are the people who refuse to except that the Walt Disney company has been going down the wrong path these last few years and it is high time to change course and correct its mistakes. So far, they seem to be doing the right thing especially with the acquisition of Pixar and the management shakeup that enables John Lasseter to call the shots at Feature Animation as well as the revamping of the film studio that will involve laying off tons of dead wood including bigshot executives that were promoted by former oppressor micheal eisner.

Epcot82Guy

While I agree that most of these decisions were very poor for the company, I will defend Disney in that, at the time of these decisions, they were in need of quick fixes. Therefore, I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they were doing what every other corporation was doing: cutting corners because they had to. They went into ubermarketing instead of uber production, and they thought America wanted that: quick, cheap, and basic. Call it Wal-Martization if you will. But, as Wal-Mart is seeing, there are several audiences for services, and you have to pick your battles. I agree that Disney is going for the longevity-oriented approaches moreso now than in the past 5-10 years. It's nice to see the old concepts that work being implemented, improved, and restored where necessary. As much as certain parties will disagree, I am all about new attractions, even at the replacement of the old. However, they need to be attractions with a very long shelf-life. The quick marketing schemes don't work for attractions. They rarely have. The same goes for the majority of the company. Have a focus on good storytelling, invoative creativity, and an appeal to the baser joys of children of all ages has proven very successful. Disney did it for years, Pixar has been doing it recently, and I think the new combination of them has potential to do that again. Inspiring imagination is the legacy of Walt, and that is the one (and perhaps only) thing that should beg the question "What Would Walt Do?" IMHO.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Purchase of Fox family and Go networks?

Oversaturating the market with Stitch merchandise to the point that the charecter is now on the verge of being viewed as annoying by the general public in the same vain as paris hilton?

Making the decision to get rid of all equipment to make 2D animated movies which will now cost the company alot of money to reacquire?

Promoting the wrong people such as Paul Pressler, Cynthia Harris, and David Stainton. Who do not understand what Disney is all about and have helped run the company into the ground.

Spend Millions of dollars on a carnival attraction that supposedly "simulates" space travel (yea right) which has now turned into a black eye for the company.

Disney's California Adventure anyone?

I have seen Disney make tons of stupid decisions in the past few years.

The only thing that gets old are the people who refuse to except that the Walt Disney company has been going down the wrong path these last few years and it is high time to change course and correct its mistakes. So far, they seem to be doing the right thing especially with the acquisition of Pixar and the management shakeup that enables John Lasseter to call the shots at Feature Animation as well as the revamping of the film studio that will involve laying off tons of dead wood including bigshot executives that were promoted by former oppressor micheal eisner.
No, you've seen what you think are bad decisions AFTER the fact. Big difference. Decisions were made with the best of intentions with the idea that it would work and make a difference. Many people thought the purchase of ABC / ESPN were bad decisions, but right now, they are making tons of money for the company.

If you think you can make perfect decisions in business without ever making a mistake, you are sorely mistaken and quite naive.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
No, you've seen what you think are bad decisions AFTER the fact. Big difference. Decisions were made with the best of intentions with the idea that it would work and make a difference. Many people thought the purchase of ABC / ESPN were bad decisions, but right now, they are making tons of money for the company.

If you think you can make perfect decisions in business without ever making a mistake, you are sorely mistaken and quite naive.

:rolleyes:

Son let me tell you something, in the entertainment business...ONE mistake is too many.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
:rolleyes:

Son let me tell you something, in the entertainment business...ONE mistake is too many.
First of all... I'm not your son. Back off.

Second... mistakes happen every day and will continue to happen when trying to build a business. If there are no mistakes, someone is not trying very hard to build the company and should be replaced.

imagineer boy

wannab@dis said:
Second... mistakes happen every day and will continue to happen when trying to build a business. If there are no mistakes, someone is not trying to build the company.

Mistakes happen, but should never be on the size and consistancy of those mistakes mentioned above. DCA for example, was poorly concieved, and even after a few years after opening and after a few quick fixes, it still fails to draw large crowds, and the result has been financially horriffic for Disney unlike all the other quality parks that have been built in the past.

Walt made mistakes, sure, but those were only small mistakes that happened were minor and happened once every two years or so, and afterwards were quickly fixed.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
Mistakes happen, but should never be on the size and consistancy of those mistakes mentioned above. DCA for example, was poorly concieved, and even after a few years after opening and after a few quick fixes, it still fails to draw large crowds, and the result has been financially horriffic for Disney unlike all the other quality parks that have been built in the past.

Walt made mistakes, sure, but those were only small mistakes that happened were minor and happened once every two years or so, and afterwards were quickly fixed.
Rose colored history glasses... where did you buy them?

Walt failed with more ideas than worked.

DCA is only a failure for some of the fan boys who want something to whine about.

imagineer boy

wannab@dis said:
Walt failed with more ideas than worked.

But they weren't extremely poorly concieved ideas that happened twice a year.

DCA is only a failure for some of the fan boys who want something to whine about.

Have you ever been there? Trust me, it is worth whining about. I only liked one ride that wasn't a clone, the themeing is drab, and it was flat out boring.

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
But they weren't extremely poorly concieved ideas that happened twice a year.

Have you ever been there? Trust me, it is worth whining about. I only liked one ride that wasn't a clone, the themeing is drab, and it was flat out boring.
what are you talking about? Poorly conceived ideas that happened twice a year?

I have not been to DCA, but would love to go. From people I know and those that have been, they really liked the park. Of course, they probably wouldn't argue that PotC in DL is out of place, either. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom