Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff

[sigh] If only Billy were still alive to redo that great voice.

barty.jpg

jmvd20

Just my opinion but before they do anything else they should focus on WoL. Either demolish it, refurb it, build a new ride, or whatever they decide to do with it. To me it just a bad show and a true eyesore to have a building in disrepair just sitting there.

Of course in a perfect world they could do everything at once. But with a budget WoL should be #1 on the priority list.

Herk

I have been thinking, and wouldn't it be better to place an attraction in the Honey 3-D movie theatre; that has something to do a camera, imagination, and visual effects.

So this is my two cents : why not redo Timekeeper making it a 3D/4D show as it shows that ones imagination can come true -such as Jules Verne and H.G Wells refrences.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

TestTrack

If this is true I think my life is complete. Honestly, this was and still is my favorite ride Disney has EVER had. Pure genius. The song was catchy, the characters were lovable and the ride really showed what imagination is all about.

I have hated the imagination institute from the first time I saw the theme. It is completely wrong for an attraction all about imagination. That and I hate Dr. Niles Channing with a passion.

Can you imagine what it would be like to, in the year 2007, hope on a ride for a completely random trip through the world of imagination. Then when the ride is over go upstairs and walk through the "rainbow tunnel"?

EPCOT is already an excellent park. This change would make it near perfect(once WoL is replaced and TLS is opened back up)

KevinPage

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this same info was posted a few months back and LEE confirmed that this was being talked about in WDI, maybe not all of the exact details, but the idea of "redoing" the pavillion as a symbolic gesture from Pixar, that Disney is "back" and cares about it's attractions.

I think even Jim Hill might have had an article on it too.

Legacy

KevinPage said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this same info was posted a few months back and LEE confirmed that this was being talked about in WDI, maybe not all of the exact details, but the idea of "redoing" the pavillion as a symbolic gesture from Pixar, that Disney is "back" and cares about it's attractions.

I think even Jim Hill might have had an article on it too.
This exact same information has been storming around the net for months now, with little to no new information showing up. This is one of those things where I'll believe it when I see it. It would be nice... but I'm not holding my breath.

ryguy

I think I agree with those who feel WOL should be the focus right now, although I won't complain if Journey gets overhauled. What I would like to see as well is a new country. World showcase could use a infusion of life. Other than the restaurants World showcase seems old. I have seen it all a million times. (Which is a good thing :D )

PhilharMagician

I beleive this will happen in the near future or it will be like WOL (shutdown). The Main differance right now between WOL and Imagination is the fact the Kodak is there and sponsoring. What I am surprised at is the fact that HISTA show will be replaced. It is still a very popular attraction. Almost every time I go the theater is almost 100% capacity then on the other side of the pavillion JIYI is at about 10% capacity.

Here's to hoping they revitalize this lost pavillion.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
:zipit:

Nothing has been confirmed, but that information is exactly what a forum member here has been sending out. The same information was posted here a while back.

Once again Wannab@dis, you are right! :wave:

In fact, where ever that report came from, it is a tampered version of my website's report on the pavilion (which is now online for public viewing).

Does anyone have the website address for the report and where it was found, I think I need to have a talk with the webmaster of Disney Central :animwink:.

Thanks for the heads up! :wave:

I do hope this happens, and from what we keep hearing, it will, but the timeframe may have been pushed back a little.

Since1976

At this point, they would have to gut the entire building and ride system to make any revamp worthwhile. The new attraction would have to be a real sensory doozy -- an attraction on the scale of Soarin' -- to draw in crowds. Anything less would be perceived by Imagination fans as a cheap replacement.

I'm not holding out too high hopes on this one. Seems unlikely that Disney would do anything just to placate Dreamfinder fans. After all, as great as it was, JII was considered a minor attraction even in its heyday.

LilRoo714

I have to admit I'd be pretty surprised if they poured a lot of money into Figment right now. With the current state of WoL and UoE, there are better places for the money to go. :rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

LilRoo714 said:
I have to admit I'd be pretty surprised if they poured a lot of money into Figment right now. With the current state of WoL and UoE, there are better places for the money to go. :rolleyes:
Not really, the only real area for children/family in Epcot pre-Nemo was/is the Imagination Pavillion. I think it would be a smart investment to fix it up. Epcot needs to find balance in an adult oriented park. Either WoL or UoE needs to remain a family attraction in its next incarnation.

It's nice to have a semi-valid rumor to discuss.

RedBaron

I know I should not get my hopes up, but this would be so great if it came true. JII was always one of my favorite attractions. It might also be possible to make these changes in time for the 25th, but dont know if it would be possible to redo the WOL in time? Hopefully they can do something special for the 25th??

T-1MILLION

With Ellen's appeal and being back in the spot light right now I would not bet on anything happening to UoE for a while.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL JII BACK! It was way ahead of its time.

*crosses fingers....and toes*

Pongo

The time frame for this sounds a little wonky.

It's not greenlighted yet, and they plan to revamp the WHOLE pavilion in just a year? :veryconfu

They have to create the new Magic Eye film, paint the pavilion, remove all references of the IMAG Institute, redo the entire ride AND queue AND Imageworks... and they haven't even started yet.

Uh... yeah, I'd like it to happen, but I doubt it will. Unless Disney has a time machine hidden away somewhere.

I mean, looks at how long Pirates was closed for... and that was only for putting in a few animatronics and adding a mist effect. This is revamping a whole pavilion. Not to mention they already have a pavilion out of operation. Doing this before fixing up WoL first would be Future World suicide.

Color me skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom