Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMichael

Pongo said:
I mean, looks at how long Pirates was closed for... and that was only for putting in a few animatronics and adding a mist effect. This is revamping a whole pavilion. Not to mention they already have a pavilion out of operation. Doing this before fixing up WoL first would be Future World suicide.

Color me skeptical.
Well, in all fairness, they did clean up Pirates also...

The Imagination Pavillion is pretty much closed anyway. Even still, the Living Seas is fixing to eat up a huge chunk of guests with Nemo's Undersea Adventure.

I don't agree with the time frame or concept, but I believe something will happen in the near future. If done right, Disney could make lots of money off of Figment.

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:

The Imagination Pavillion is pretty much closed anyway. Even still, the Living Seas is fixing to eat up a huge chunk of guests with Nemo's Undersea Adventure.

I don't agree with the time frame or concept, but I believe something will happen in the near future. If done right, Disney could make lots of money off of Figment.
Yeah, I think the time frame is way off base in the rumor... Plus, unless something brand new is done, I just can't see how re-tooling the attraction to just include DF and Figment will make a big difference. It lost appeal a long time ago and I think they just need to come up with a whole new concept.

Considering how Figment can still be found around Epcot when you look hard enough, I wouldnt be surprised to see Journey into Imagination updated. I mean I have a book from last year about creative tips from Imagineers and Figment is stamped all over inside and outside that book.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
jedimaster1227 said:
I do hope this happens, and from what we keep hearing, it will, but the timeframe may have been pushed back a little.

Pushed Back? So does this mean an official announcement wont happen in October?? :cry:

Im thinking Disney will probably reopen the pavillion in phases. The ride first, then imageworks, then the HISTA replacement.

Do you know what exactly is holding up the greenlight? Is it Iger? Goodman? Other Pavillion ideas at Epcot?

Pongo

STR8FAN2005 said:

Cleaning up and creating an entirely new pavilion are two totally different things.

Michael said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The only thing actually "closed" in the pavilion is the upstairs portion of Imageworks. Everything else - the ride, HISTA, What-If Labs - is fully operational and still takes in guests.

Michael said:
If done right, Disney could make lots of money off of Figment.

Not that they need too. Figment already has a pretty big cult following :lol:

CaptainMichael

Pongo said:
Cleaning up and creating an entirely new pavilion are two totally different things.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The only thing actually "closed" in the pavilion is the upstairs portion of Imageworks. Everything else - the ride, HISTA, What-If Labs - is fully operational and still takes in guests.

Not that they need too. Figment already has a pretty big cult following :lol:
I meant that it took a little longer because on top of the additions, they did a thorough cleaning of the entire attraction.

I meant that it is barely visited according to reports from here. I suppose I should have used the word "dead". Closing Imagination wouldn't really be that detrimental to FW, and that is the point I was trying to make. NUA will easily be able to take the guests that would normally venture off to Imagination.

Yes, but it can be bigger, and we all know how much they like to sell merchandise:)

BTW, Congrats on finishing the Oceanography exam so early:wave:

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Pushed Back? So does this mean an official announcement wont happen in October?? :cry:

There's no guarantee that an official announcement will ever be made. Keep in mind this is just a rumor and no work has started at this time.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
There's no guarantee that an official announcement will ever be made. Keep in mind this is just a rumor and no work has started at this time.

Once again, Wannab is right when saying that it isn't definite. The whispers around the net and to certain people :)animwink:) have increased over the past months, but nothing is set in stone yet; don't expect anything to be until construction begins.

1disneydood

I really really hope they do this. I'd say if they wiped out WOL to start a new attraction/ pavillion from scratch and then did a major improvement on JII, Epcot would be greatly improved for both adults and kids.

1disneydood

I really really hope they do this. I'd say if they wiped out WOL to start a new attraction/ pavillion from scratch and then did a major improvement on JII, Epcot would be greatly improved for both adults and kids.

hammysammy59

Not to repeat what's already been said, but if Imagination got the treatment it deserved, and WoL wasn't deserted, EPCOT would be an insane powerhouse of a park.

I hate to be one of those people that gush over how great a ride used to be, but the original JII really was leaps and bounds better than the one that's there now. Though the latest iteration isn't bad at all, it just comes across as half-hearted and limp compared to how amazing the original was.

Throw a sweet samurai-themed ride in Japan, and EPCOT would be off the HOOK.

bgraham34

I can't wait for them to redo this ride. I like original but just bring back dreamfinder at the least.

hammysammy59

bgraham34 said:
I can't wait for them to redo this ride. I like original but just bring back dreamfinder at the least.

Oh no man, the ride needs more than Dreamfinder, the whole theme needs to go back to it's roots--going through different forms of media and imagination was SO much cooler than the five senses (which when typing it out, makes it seem like something that should've been in WoL).

It's a little shocking looking at those track layouts too... the newest version cuts out almost a third of the ride!

Also, I couldn't get the video from the first link to work. Do I need to register an account to watch it? Let me know, because I'd love to see oldschool JII again...

Spectroman2003

wow, such detail to such a false rumor. This ride was just rehab-ed like what, a few years ago. No way is it gonna be redone again so soon especially for such and unpopular ride.

hammysammy59

God, I practically cringe as I write this, for fear of sounding like so many bitter WDW fans, but maybe the ride would be more popular if it hadn't got futzed with so much?

What happened with the original JII anyway? Why did they decide to re-do it in the first place?

jedimaster1227

Lewis Carroll said:

Im thinking Disney will probably reopen the pavillion in phases. The ride first, then imageworks, then the HISTA replacement.

Do you know what exactly is holding up the greenlight? Is it Iger? Goodman? Other Pavillion ideas at Epcot?

If it is being pushed back, it is because Disney is waiting...Waiting for word of success with the rehabbed Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. Waiting for word of success from SSE's upcoming rehab. Waiting to see how "whatever" happens to WOL goes. Then, after all of this, we will see something (if anything is to happen).

And just to let you all know, the replacement film for HISTA has already been made. :animwink:

Since1976

hammysammy59 said:
God, I practically cringe as I write this, for fear of sounding like so many bitter WDW fans, but maybe the ride would be more popular if it hadn't got futzed with so much?

What happened with the original JII anyway? Why did they decide to re-do it in the first place?

I think it had to do with a contractual obligation with Kodak that said the ride *had* to be revised after a certain period of time.

It's a good thing favorites like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates weren't saddled with such restrictions, huh?

jedimaster1227

Since1976 said:
I think it had to do with a contractual obligation with Kodak that said the ride *had* to be revised after a certain period of time.

It's a good thing favorites like The Haunted Mansion and Pirates weren't saddled with such restrictions, huh?

Luckily, those rides don't have any corperate sponsers other than Disney, or else we could have seen more of these tragedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom