Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
What does that even mean?
supply chain and labor shortage.... they made an announcement last month these places were opening... did they miraculously know at this date and time they would find people to work and not have any food shortages or just waited til the last possible moment to open these up before things became really bad.... some places went back to buffets yet others are still family style... even talking to some of the workers there during my trip even they are baffled at this decision... hopefully that clarifies my statement

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You think they wouldn't prefer to be selling more overpriced meals rather than less?
i think Disney beats to their own internal drum and if they feel they dont need the restaurant capacity until a certain date they will wait til that date... its not like people are not eating they are just eating at other overpriced locations which may be yielding a higher profit margin due to what they expected guest wise for the summer/September months

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You say that but meanwhile as ive stated before food cost of my recent trip almost cost me double even with NO discount vs what the dining plan would have cost me.... so not sure how its truly a bait and switch... prices go up every year no matter what across the board now with no dining plan options you are at their mercy paying these prices for character meals etc....& fwiw availability was still an issue at these places
Well you’d have to address what I’m saying…instead of airing your own grievances, Costanza.

“Free” dining had base price increases in room and tickets each year. So they continued to shed customers due to increase even as they “discounted”

And you paid so much more because they’ve jacked the prices since. You’d be paying alot more on “free dining” too.

Visa doesn’t lie

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't understand the love for Josh....isn't he just as complicit as Chapek? Sure he's more charismatic but he is the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. I know he doesn't have as much pull as the CEO but this interview confirms that he is just as bad a Bob.
This has been stated before but he was really well liked by CMs when he was in charge of Disneyland. So there was a lot of carry over from that. Not to mention he was the rah rah face people saw during the covid shutdown. That seems to have been appreciated.

Also, the interview confirms nothing of the sort unless you think he was supposed to throw his company under the bus.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Well you’d have to address what I’m saying…instead of airing your own grievances, Costanza.

“Free” dining had base price increases in food and tickets each year. So they continued to shed customers due to increase even as they “discounted”

And you paid so much more because they’ve jacked the prices since. You’d be paying alot more on “free dining” too.

Visa doesn’t lie
Love Seinfeld so like the reference… but again i highly doubt prices are doubled just to use sheer numbers… cost me if i recall correctly around 150-160 per night for the DDP so that be say 1600. My food billthis past trip ran me close to 3000 and thats with an AP discount…. MY wallet and numbers dont lie either. So unless those prices as i said close to double the Dining plan worked for me… as far as paying so much more i cant find historical data but my guess is off memory prices may have gone up around 10%? Do you really expect prices to stay constant with or without the dining plan?

LSLS

Love Seinfeld so like the reference… but again i highly doubt prices are doubled just to use sheer numbers… cost me if i recall correctly around 150-160 per night for the DDP so that be say 1600. My food billthis past trip ran me close to 3000 and thats with an AP discount…. MY wallet and numbers dont lie either. So unless those prices as i said close to double the Dining plan worked for me… as far as paying so much more i cant find historical data but my guess is off memory prices may have gone up around 10%? Do you really expect prices to stay constant with or without the dining plan?

Wait, you spent $3,000 on food for just yourself?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Wait, you spent $3,000 on food for just yourself?
Now that be a ton of churros and mickey bars hahaha. I was with my daughter (8) and my Mom… this includes snacks and qs meals along with breakfast/dinner basically all done at character places or what use to be character places…

LSLS

Now that be a ton of churros and mickey bars hahaha. I was with my daughter (8) and my Mom… this includes snacks and qs meals along with breakfast/dinner basically all done at character places or what use to be character places…

So, not $160/ day. Last I saw, it was $119+ tax for adult, and 47.5 + tax for kid. So, $304.50/day, meaning your DDP would have cost you just over $3,000 for 10 days. That's also pre-inflation increases.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
So, not $160/ day. Last I saw, it was $119+ tax for adult, and 47.5 + tax for kid. So, $304.50/day, meaning your DDP would have cost you just over $3,000 for 10 days. That's also pre-inflation increases.
Incorrect bc i have 2 rooms and would get the deluxe for me and my daughter… and use the extra 2 meals for my mom…. I have stated this before as well. And when it was”free” my mom wouldget all hers as well to use in snacks etc. last day there i would grab some stuffto go home and them wouldpay for kids meals as asurprise bc i was therE during the football and cheerleading events. Hope that clarifies your mistake or assumption

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Paying $3000 for food for 10 days is insane. It's why my family eat off site as much as possible.
Ill keep that in mind next time i visit Disney thanks for the input & it was 11 days worth but who is counting. Curious not sure where you vacation and if you have gone anywhere else but for 3 people 11 days eating breakfast and dinner out snacks during the day and at times lunch how much do you expect to spend? I think spending 5-800 a night on a deluxe roomat Disney is absurd as well but hey thats just me. You eat off site to save somemoney now add ingas or cost of uber and now time thats lost going back and forth and tell me how much you are saving unless of courseyou eat fast food daily… dont forget the value of seeing characters and time saved not having to deal with that in the parks…

Jrb1979

Ill keep that in mind next time i visit Disney thanks for the input & it was 11 days worth but who is counting. Curious not sure where you vacation and if you have gone anywhere else but for 3 people 11 days eating breakfast and dinner out snacks during the day and at times lunch how much do you expect to spend? I think spending 5-800 a night on a deluxe roomat Disney is absurd as well but hey thats just me. You eat off site to save somemoney now add ingas or cost of uber and now time thats lost going back and forth and tell me how much you are saving unless of courseyou eat fast food daily… dont forget the value of seeing characters and time saved not having to deal with that in the parks…
We don't stay on site anymore so the cost of gas is not a big deal. We try to find a hotel that has breakfast included and we don't are about seeing characters so thats a big savings. We eat QS for lunch and eat off site for dinner.

I know it's not Disney but was just at Cedar Point for a week and spent no where near that for food. My family is me, wife, 2 year old and 15 year old. It cost us maybe $1000 for the week.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
We don't stay on site anymore so the cost of gas is not a big deal. We try to find a hotel that has breakfast included and we don't are about seeing characters so thats a big savings. We eat QS for lunch and eat off site for dinner.

I know it's not Disney but was just at Cedar Point for a week and spent no where near that for food. My family is me, wife, 2 year old and 15 year old. It cost us maybe $1000 for the week.
Okay… food has been standard and constant for me on my trips my daughter enjoys character meals hence why the dining plan was a blessing for me… but in comparison to some of my other vacations this year spending 100 a day pp on food is really not that much…

Vegas Disney Fan

the one that gets me are teachers…

Who were treated like the enemy far too often - especially the last few years - and it’s pathetic.

They take care of your kids all damn day for 9-10 months a year, and are responsible for giving them different exposure/perspective…which is what every little human needs to develop.

…boy…off the rails here 🚂🤪

Unfortunately the bad ones always get the press, “bad teachers” aren’t that different from “bad cops”, the 99% who go in everyday and do a good job will never be seen on the news, the 1% who say and do stupid things will be televised for the whole word to see.

It’s rare for a week to go by now where I don’t see an article about an inappropriate relationship, a teacher caught on camera bragging about how they’re training kids (whether left or right), a teacher involved in a physical fight, a teacher arrested for (insert blank), a teacher talking crap about their students… it only takes 52 bad teachers (out of tens of thousands) but it’s enough to create a year of headlines.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately the bad ones always get the press, “bad teachers” aren’t that different from “bad cops”, the 99% who go in everyday and do a good job will never be seen on the news, the 1% who say and do stupid things will be televised for the whole word to see.

It’s rare for a week to go by now where I don’t see an article about an inappropriate relationship, a teacher caught on camera bragging about how they’re training kids (whether left or right), a teacher involved in a physical fight, a teacher arrested for (insert blank), a teacher talking crap about their students… it only takes 52 bad teachers (out of tens of thousands) but it’s enough to create a year of headlines.
Totally agree but who's fault is that? Unfortunately the media like to spin stories and events certain ways and most people fall for it hook line and sinker…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom