Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

LSLS

Dont get me wrong they were not crazy much more but definitely more to make it worth a conversation and point im making is places are expensive to go to for the most part. Not isolated to Disney.
Not for us. Cedar point gave us a night parade, night shows, rides, indoor shows, we had an indoor Waterpark, outdoor water park, much less walking to our room, bigger rooms, and shorter waits for rides. Even got a beach day there. And again, thousands less (honestly don't know the WDW ticket price now, but I've got a pretty good guess). Maybe it doesn't have that same themeing level, but when factoring in costs and ease of booking/going, and general service, it's not even close to me.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Not for us. Cedar point gave us a night parade, night shows, rides, indoor shows, we had an indoor Waterpark, outdoor water park, much less walking to our room, bigger rooms, and shorter waits for rides. Even got a beach day there. And again, thousands less (honestly don't know the WDW ticket price now, but I've got a pretty good guess). Maybe it doesn't have that same themeing level, but when factoring in costs and ease of booking/going, and general service, it's not even close to me.
I had a 10 day hopper+ ticket which ran me $615 & went to the Halloween party the day we got there for $100 ….

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And carivnal rides for the kiddies. Don’t forget the carnival rides.

Jrb1979

And carivnal rides for the kiddies. Don’t forget the carnival rides.
That's just the one kiddie area. The other two areas are themed somewhat and have decent kid rides. I get it, it's not Disney and lacks rides the whole family can enjoy but it still is a lot of fun.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's just the one kiddie area. The other two areas are themed somewhat and have decent kid rides. I get it, it's not Disney and lacks rides the whole family can enjoy but it still is a lot of fun.
I will be in Sandusky in July. I have been researching because I expect to take the family there. Looking forward to it. Those rides just made me laugh. But I like coasters and my oldest will finally be tall enough to ride a lot of them.

LSLS

I will be in Sandusky in July. I have been researching because I expect to take the family there. Looking forward to it. Those rides just made me laugh. But I like coasters and my oldest will finally be tall enough to ride a lot of them.
To be fair, they have to be pretty historic, they were all there when I was a kid and that was quite a long time ago.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
My point being is these regional parks should never cost as much as Disney. There is ways to get cheaper tickets online or as my family does gets a Cedar Fair platinum pass so we can visit multiple parks. Yes it costs my wife and I $400 for the season but we go enough that it pays for itself.
Wildwood & Ocean City are beach towns so not sure how you compare but i do get a season pass for WW & OC i get the all yoi can ride passes but hotel & food in these places cost money not to mention games. GWL/KalahAri i definitely get discounted rooms etc but again stillnot cheap & game room lol enough said. HP. I have an AP for both of us saves us money but again Hershey Lodge isnt cheap & games & food… they all add up. Im just saying Disney to me when staying Value is not that expensive comparatively speaking. & as youve see i spend wayyyy too much money on meals there.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You know, you’re right, after doing the math it’s $65 a day!!!
You’re entering the unfavorable mix category 😀
Bobby loves your money but he prefers you stay home until you are paying full gate price please 😀
I priced out tickets for next year 5 days for Thanksgiving. Tickets would cost me more than what i just paid for 10 days & my Halloween ticket lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom