Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

Lilofan

He’s married or dated a succession of actresses, has hosted SNL, and had gotten himself into hot water more than a few times trying to entertain people. The only thing keeping him from buying an entertainment company is his perception it would be a bad investment.
In 2021 Musk lived in a prefab 375 sq ft home that cost $50K. Didn't have much expenses for a guy worth upwards of $200B.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think he wants to buy an entertainment company though. You may not agree with him but he’s actually trying to improve the world with most of his investments.
I’d say he’s trying to “make himself legendary”…the fact some of those things are “progress” is a fortunate coincidence.

If he really wants to improve the world…desalination, safe nuclear, carbon scrubbing tech would be nice about now…

TrainsOfDisney

I’d say he’s trying to “make himself legendary”…the fact some of those things are “progress” is a fortunate coincidence.

If he really wants to improve the world…desalination, safe nuclear, carbon scrubbing tech would be nice about now…
Not an unfair assessment. But he’s making himself legendary in more healthy and helpful ways than other names I won’t mention ;)

JoeCamel

In 2021 Musk lived in a prefab 375 sq ft home that cost $50K. Didn't have much expenses for a guy worth upwards of $200B.

…he’s an attention hound. Hipsters love the idea of the tiny house…

You haven’t noticed these things?
He has a vision to be trendy but not responsible for our world only what the "cowboy" wants. I do admit the Tesla into the great beyond was an epic stunt but he could care a bit more about his fellow humans

Casper Gutman

Why are we arguing about the world's richest internet troll? He's not going to buy Disney (he can't) and it would be absolutely awful if he did, much worse then Chapek and D'Amaro and every other executive currently ruining the company. Musk's primary value to society at this point is to prove that being very rich doesn't necessarily make you happy or wise.

I've said it before, but its breathtaking that America has come to hold something very close to disdain for doctors, reporters, politicians, professors, teachers, lawyers, etc... but still unquestioningly worships business people. It's a great argument for teaching more corporate history in school.

Lilofan

He has a vision to be trendy but not responsible for our world only what the "cowboy" wants. I do admit the Tesla into the great beyond was an epic stunt but he could care a bit more about his fellow humans
Not responsible for our world ? That's fantasy.

Lilofan

…he’s an attention hound. Hipsters love the idea of the tiny house…

You haven’t noticed these things?
Yes and nothing new. He the workaholic at times sleeps in his factories and is in the process of selling all of his real estate when moving to TX which has no personal income tax. That's a good move.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Indeed…

There are “billionaires” that have zero money available…probably couldn’t get a loan either…

…a name or two comes to mind 😎
Having zero money available? , what? Unless you are referring to the billionaire down to zero Theranos scam. That Stanford grad who scammed many should be in jail.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Having zero money available? , what? Unless you are referring to the billionaire down to zero Theranos scam. That Stanford grad who scammed many should be in jail.
That was a pyramid scheme…more like the madoffs…

No…I was talking about someone who had racked up $2.9 billion of debt in 1993 (you remember what a massive amount that was then…) and the biggest US Banks wrote it down/Off in a Manhattan office to around $750 mil…and said “get out and never ask for a penny again”

That actually happened.

The point is: it’s a shell game in money…as it is with many things in a manipulative world. When things go south - and quickly - the big wigs manage to survive…the little guys suffer more damage $ for $.

Now back to regular programming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s married or dated a succession of actresses, has hosted SNL, and had gotten himself into hot water more than a few times trying to entertain people. The only thing keeping him from buying an entertainment company is his perception it would be a bad investment.
He spreads his seed all over the place and goes off on semi-coherent rants on public forums all the time too.

He’s almost a rapper.

I’m expecting his collaboration with Beiber to drop any day now 😎

Lilofan

That was a pyramid scheme…more like the madoffs…

No…I was talking about someone who had racked up $2.9 billion of debt in 1993 (you remember what a massive amount that was then…) and the biggest US Banks wrote it down/Off in a Manhattan office to around $750 mil…and said “get out and never ask for a penny again”

That actually happened.

The point is: it’s a shell game in money…as it is with many things in a manipulative world. When things go south - and quickly - the big wigs manage to survive…the little guys suffer more damage $ for $.

Now back to regular programming.
Also “The pump and dump” scheme worked for the CFO at struggling Bed Bath until he was exposed hawking the stock from a low of $4 per share during the summer and the stock took off in a matter of 30 days to $17 per share. He sold high and now the stock is back at $4. He’s now beyond this earth when he took a leap straight down in NYC recently.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also “The pump and dump” scheme worked for the CFO at struggling Bed Bath until he was exposed hawking the stock from a low of $4 per share during the summer and the stock took off in a matter of 30 days to $17 per share. He sold high and now the stock is back at $4. He’s now beyond this earth when he took a leap straight down in NYC recently.
I saw that…I assume his last phone call was the lawyer telling him that the federal indictment was coming…”be prepared”

Incomudro

Why are we arguing about the world's richest internet troll? He's not going to buy Disney (he can't) and it would be absolutely awful if he did, much worse then Chapek and D'Amaro and every other executive currently ruining the company. Musk's primary value to society at this point is to prove that being very rich doesn't necessarily make you happy or wise.

I've said it before, but its breathtaking that America has come to hold something very close to disdain for doctors, reporters, politicians, professors, teachers, lawyers, etc... but still unquestioningly worships business people. It's a great argument for teaching more corporate history in school.
Reporters. politicians, and lawyers?
Disdain for them is justified.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…slow news day.

Everyone is geared up for dorkcon this week…
Where they’ll say prices are going up and you’ll have to buy more…but return on that is “obselete”

…and you’ll LOVE it!!

Lilofan

Doctors help you including saving your life. Lawyers on the opposing side can turn your life around and can convince the jury to put you in jail. Business execs some I reported to was the my way or the highway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doctors help you including saving your life. Lawyers on the opposing side can turn your life around and can convince the jury to put you in jail. Business execs some I reported to was the my way or the highway.
the one that gets me are teachers…

Who were treated like the enemy far too often - especially the last few years - and it’s pathetic.

They take care of your kids all damn day for 9-10 months a year, and are responsible for giving them different exposure/perspective…which is what every little human needs to develop.

…boy…off the rails here 🚂🤪

Chi84

Premium Member
When I say “wdw customers are dumb”…it’s taken as though I am stating (by Chi) that every single person has no clue what they’re doing.

Not true at all. That’s not the gist. It’s that doing anti-best interest things like accepting bad or diminished value products and then asking for more completely is contrary to what a business/consumer relationship needs to be.
They only want your money…not you…and you need to consider that before giving it.

That’s all. The relationship does not work otherwise. Disney isn’t any ones friend. Life sucks sometimes. 😎
That's a simple, basic principle; I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know it. I knew it when I went to WDW and gave Disney my money and you knew it when you went to WDW and gave Disney your money. I'm sure we both considered value when buying what we thought would make our vacation more enjoyable.

WDW's park reservations and Genie+ did not work well for our group vacation last April - we found it annoying and it was difficult for our particular group to manage (not everyone's group, just ours). So we are planning our spring 2023 family trip at a place other than WDW. If we went back, we would be paying Disney for a bad product with diminished value.

Disney's favorite guest is the one who keeps going back and giving them money despite being dissatisfied with the experience. If you want to call yourself dumb, have at it, but you don't have to explain to me how things work. I get it and act accordingly.

Chi84

Premium Member
Funny how people hate lawyers "on the opposing side." Btw there are some doctors out there who can kill you even when they're "on your side." Good and bad in every profession.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom