Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

Lilofan

Funny how people hate lawyers "on the opposing side." Btw there are some doctors out there who can kill you even when they're "on your side." Good and bad in every profession.
One can sue a doctor even though one signs on the dotted line minutes before surgery , but a lawyer ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a simple, basic principle; I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know it. I knew it when I went to WDW and gave Disney my money and you knew it when you went to WDW and gave Disney your money. I'm sure we both considered value when buying what we thought would make our vacation more enjoyable.

WDW's park reservations and Genie+ did not work well for our group vacation last April - we found it annoying and it was difficult for our particular group to manage (not everyone's group, just ours). So we are planning our spring 2023 family trip at a place other than WDW. If we went back, we would be paying Disney for a bad product with diminished value.

Disney's favorite guest is the one who keeps going back and giving them money despite being dissatisfied with the experience. If you want to call yourself dumb, have at it, but you don't have to explain to me how things work. I get it and act accordingly.
Fair…

But you know my point about “pricing”…it’s mass and they trawl the “ocean” and everyone is swept up in the net.

The bobs have been throwing “flyers” for over ten years now…and that is NOT how it was prior…

And it happens (by my “slightly” educated guestimation) a lot more than most customers realize. Some things have to be a flat “no” or the dynamic is broken…it’s 95/5% advantage them.

It’s off…that’s all…

JoeCamel

Funny how people hate lawyers "on the opposing side." Btw there are some doctors out there who can kill you even when they're "on your side." Good and bad in every profession.
50% of every graduating class is below the mean so plenty of hacks in most professions. Do the minimum to get the license and bumble along from there. The outstanding ones are usually booked far into the future.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
50% of every graduating class is below the mean so plenty of hacks in most professions. Do the minimum to get the license and bumble along from there. The outstanding ones are usually booked far into the future.

Disdain for lawyers generally revolves around PI attorneys, which are only a small percentage of all attorneys. Even there it's basically about a small percentage of PI attorneys who are unscrupulous, so it's some tiny percentage of all attorneys.
Lawyers are just more “in your face”…so they catch more hell

There are awful doctors, teachers, public officials, etc etc all over the place. It’s why our education/labor system probably needs a rebuild from the foundation up.

I’ve talked to many architects and engineers in my daily grind that I swear eat glue and can’t figure out how to navigate a left hand turn

Incomudro

Disdain for lawyers generally revolves around PI attorneys, which are only a small percentage of all attorneys. Even there it's basically about a small percentage of PI attorneys who are unscrupulous, so it's some tiny percentage of all attorneys.
There's disdain for defense attorneys who defend some truly terrible people and put them back on the street.
Yes, everyone is entitled to a defense in this country - but I certainly wouldn't defend them.

UNCgolf

There's disdain for defense attorneys who defend some truly terrible people and put them back on the street.
Yes, everyone is entitled to a defense in this country - but I certainly wouldn't defend them.

True, there's also disdain for them. If they win the case, though, then there either wasn't enough evidence or the prosecutors failed.

With that said, highly paid criminal defense attorneys are an even smaller percentage of attorneys than the unscrupulous PI lawyers. Most defense attorneys are public defenders.

Last edited:

Lilofan

A lawyer before coming to Disney , rose up to the top ranks in TWDC . When John Skipper was fired by Iger because Skipper’s drug courier threatened to expose him, , Jim Pitaro who came from Consumer Products ( Chapek’s world )became the new ESPN President.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s the system. It’s flawed but I don’t think public mob rule or “decree” is “better” (we now have seen it in our own time)

…but you’re right - it’s hard for that to sit well with most.

Last edited:

drizgirl

I don't understand the love for Josh....isn't he just as complicit as Chapek? Sure he's more charismatic but he is the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. I know he doesn't have as much pull as the CEO but this interview confirms that he is just as bad a Bob.
^^^This. I never have understood. He might have more personality, but anyone who can rise to the upper levels of Disney management has to embrace the same penny pinching ways.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
That was a bait and switch anyway…the base price increases would shave off a large amount of those that had previously “loved” that anyway
You say that but meanwhile as ive stated before food cost of my recent trip almost cost me double even with NO discount vs what the dining plan would have cost me.... so not sure how its truly a bait and switch... prices go up every year no matter what across the board now with no dining plan options you are at their mercy paying these prices for character meals etc....& fwiw availability was still an issue at these places

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
As long as that stays the case, nothing is changing.
i agree but i will say this which was weird was some places we ate at definitely had empty tables and taking walk up others not so much but either way the app had zero available but i agree you will see no discounts as long as they keep hitting their targets and considering the parks were relatively slow my guess is even with these other places opening in the coming month/s they will book as well as crowds come in for the holiday season

drizgirl

i agree but i will say this which was weird was some places we ate at definitely had empty tables and taking walk up others not so much but either way the app had zero available but i agree you will see no discounts as long as they keep hitting their targets and considering the parks were relatively slow my guess is even with these other places opening in the coming month/s they will book as well as crowds come in for the holiday season
I agree it's an artificial shortage of openings still. Some restaurants still aren't even open. I think that will eventually work itself out when labor and supply chain issues are resolved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom