John Lasseter Visits Imagination Pavilion

FrankLapidus

Considering the state of the attraction at present, surely it's not much to ask of John Lasseter to spearhead a complete overhaul that would return to ride to something resembling it's former self, including the return of the Dreamfinder and the rainbow tunnel.

Although all this talk of "Pixarfying" attractions has made me think of Pete Docter's upcoming film that takes place inside the human mind...

WDW1974

He was in town for a wine event his vineyard hosted, and has stayed in town for meetings with WDI about various projects.

Sort of a working vacation.

That's exactly it. ... A mutual friend of ours dined with him and Nancy and they spoke a bit.:)

(no, I don't know his opinion on the tacky Alice themed Pee While You Play that they built at the Grand!):D

bubbles1812

I hope they showed him the Wonders of Life Pavillion. I mean if they ever want to sell how awesome WDW is to Lasseter, that is the way to go! The scope of the place...The architecture...The attractions...the way Disney has lovingly cared for things present since the opening of the park!

Oh wait...never mind. :(

I'm all seriousness, I hope Lasseter at least noted how dead the imagination pavilion (something Disney is all about...or well used to) tends to be. They could use that area upstairs as a lot more than a testing area. Not to mention the shell of its original incarnation that is the journey into imagination ride. I wouldn't want to see that Pavillion "Pixar-ized" in a million years. I would like to see it, and especially the ride restored tjough

FWE1982

I hope Lasseter pays attention how nobody is visiting that pavillion anymore and no it doesnt need a pixar overlay it needs to return to the core ideas of the original attraction but with modern technology. We need a grand Dreamfinder and Figment dark ride and then you get off and go into a really high tech and awsome interactive area.

where else did he visit?
I don't know his whole agenda, but I do know that along with the Imagination pavilion, he was also seen at the Energy pavilion. Not sure what will come of any of it though.

It's always great to dream, imagine a return of Dreamfinder! One can only hope...

ellie-badge

Chances are that he did see how awful the area was, but who knows if he'll actually do anything about it. He's a pretty busy guy and I'm sure he has other projects up his sleeve at the moment.

Goofyernmost

Can anyone explain to me why they changed Journey Into Imagination to what it is now?
My understanding is Kodak wanted to change the attraction and so Disney did, Kodak didn't like it so they changed it again to add back Figment.

The story I heard was that Kodak had speculated in their contract that the show would be changed after, I believe 10 years(?). Over the years, as much as we like it, the old show with the Dreamfinder and Figment had declined in popularity. The truth is, in my opinion, the only really sparkling part of the ride was the journey with Dreamfinder and Figment in the Dream Machine at the very beginning of the ride. The rest was actually kinda boring.

So they redid the ride to exclude both Dreamfinder and Figment. Shortly after it reopened (relatively) it is rumored that Eisner rode it and immediately closed it down telling them to fix it because it was awful, awful and more awful. What we have now is that "fix" which is awful, awful, but less awful then the one preceding it. But not by much!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

^ As I said before ;) :
Bring back Eisner! Bring back Eisner!

28887454.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom